Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE Player/BBC iPlayer/4OD et al

Options
  • 14-12-2010 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭

now on PS3

:eek:

5hite quality tho

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Um, it's RTE....

Cheers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

thorbarry wrote: »
    Nope. Seems rather odd to not give us it, seeing as it works here. Though the ITV player doesn't work here.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

The Panel and Republic of Telly are worth a look. Other than that there's just the soaps and Desperate Housewives. Pity they don't put up Premier Soccer Saturday, but it's nice to have it and it's very quick and easy to use.

Nope. Seems rather odd to not give us it, seeing as it works here. Though the ITV player doesn't work here.

i wonder, if i set up a UK account.... it should work then right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

no its from the ISP line, which identify you in ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hasn't it been there for ages? I've been using it through the browser for a good while now and the quality is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Any thing is welcome but i've been using the RTE player on the PS3 for the last year through the web browser.

I hope they do something with 4OD as i cant get it to work through the web browser and their youtube channel freezes the PS3 each time i try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 V1P3R

If you have a UK account you can use the 4oD player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Does it not work on your ISP or IP address? You will need a proxy id say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

akamossie wrote: »
    no its from the ISP line, which identify you in ireland :)
    eddhorse wrote: »
    Does it not work on your ISP or IP address? You will need a proxy id say

Works for me and I'm in Spain with a PS3 I brought from Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Hasn't it been there for ages? I've been using it through the browser for a good while now and the quality is fine.

It's now on the XMB menu. Not much use to me with mobile broadband limits

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

V1P3R wrote: »
    If you have a UK account you can use the 4oD player.

Yea i just created a UK account restarted ps3 and im now watching frankie boyles tramadol nights!

Nice one!

flynner13 wrote: »
    Yea i just created a UK account restarted ps3 and im now watching frankie boyles tramadol nights!

Nice one!

fukin awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Terrible quality on RTE player, gonna look into 4od now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

thats stupid ive been using rte iplayer for agesssss now on the browser and all this is is a shortcut to the website lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

MarkY91 wrote: »
    thats stupid ive been using rte iplayer for agesssss now on the browser and all this is is a shortcut to the website lol
    Not really, my rte player never updated itself from the web browser, had to delete history and cache to get it updated, this will be a lot handier.
    Does anyone know if this is working on sony blue ray players that dont have internet browser ,if it did it would be very useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

MarkY91 wrote: »

Isn't that what all the tv players are?

Just made myself a UK account there. Got myself 4oD, ITV player as well as the BBC iplayer. None of which are available with the Irish account. Pretty damn good stuff if you ask me. Although, I'm not entirely sure why they block it on Irish accounts in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Just made myself a UK account there. Got myself 4oD, ITV player as well as the BBC iplayer. None of which are available with the Irish account. Pretty damn good stuff if you ask me. Although, I'm not entirely sure why they block it on Irish accounts in the first place.

Is your BBC iplayer and ITV player working though??

I can get 4od to play for me no problem but BBC region lock me and every programme I click on in on the ITV player "cannot be found"

• Advertisement

I can get 4od to play for me no problem but BBC region lock me and every programme I click on in on the ITV player "cannot be found"

nothin is workin for me. i set up a uk account, i can see itv and bbc players but none of the videos work for me. says not available in my region :(

Ah, the only one I've tried is the 4oD. Ill report back if when i get around to trying them out later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Isn't that what all the tv players are?

how would i know its the first one us irish people got..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Its not quite the same its an XL view (like the youtube XL you get on PS3)

Same with 4OD, BBC player doesnt work here for TV but the radio shows do some good comedy on BBC2.

Ive found that if you use the L2 trigger to zoom back a bit so the screen gets smaller the picture is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

I set up uk account but nothing shows up at all!
    Any ideas?
    edit: just showed up after I restarted ps3!
    But bbc i player wont work and itv player cuz of irish ip address
    40D is working fine though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Pangea wrote: »
    I set up uk account but nothing shows up at all!
    Any ideas?

I went to my account settings and "activated" my system for video, logged out and then I signed into my usual Irish playstation ID, thats when RTE player showed up, and then when I went back into my new UK ID, the UK ones showed up.

Hope that helps

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭Alfreado

are these apps are just players similiar to youtube?

edit: never mind, found it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

If you want to add 4OD to your browsers bookmarks, the address is http://ps3.channel4.com BBC iPlayer is http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen

BBC iPlayer should allow you to listen to radio shows.

So when will we get TV3 player?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Just tried it there. Quality is poor enough :-/

Advertisement