Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Got a SatNav? - Have a Question or Complaint? - Stop and Read this First!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

Why should I pay €80 to update my Garmin maps, when I could buy a new Sat Nav for €120?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭garydubh

DanWall wrote: »
    Why should I pay €80 to update my Garmin maps, when I could buy a new Sat Nav for €120?

You don't have to pay anything at all - its up to you if you don't feel like keeping the maps up to date - but they don't get updated by magic.

However if you do pay €80 (+/- a few Euro) you will find that this is a lifetime update - allowing you to update the maps every quarter for as long as the device survives -

the detail is always important I feel!.....................

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

The maps were out of date before the warranty was up

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I don't think a device warranty is supposed to cover map updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Hi all, getting a new sat nav (probably a garmin) and I want to make sure if it covers eastern europe specifically the Ukraine incase we end up there in euro 2012.
    I see sat navs with european maps either include 24 or 42 countries, thing is I havent been able to find a list of what those countries are.
    Can someone tell me please if poland and the ukraine would be covered by the 24 or 42 european countries map option??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=6299
    Here shows Ukraine.You Can also browse the map .

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Barlivia

How the hell do you change the "home" setting in a garmin nuvi 50 I set it wrong by mistake now I need to change it and can't figure out how?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭yes14

Anyone know a good truck sat nav for ireland?

Advertisement