Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SANs

• 20-11-2008 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

So i have 50-100 Cad users. I need to set up a storage area network.
    It is difficult to accurately predict the exact storage requirements, however, the storage demands will increase year on year.

You have a budget in the region of €35,000 and would like to spread the workload across two, perhaps three servers.

any ideas ??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Miley

I'm also in the market for a SAN to replace my direct storage.
    My advice is to get in contact with some of the suppliers, and ask them for a proposal. Most are screaming out for business so you should be able to get a good idea of some of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Why am I getting the feeling you are doing a project for college or something?

The stuff you copied in there is a bit suspicious and so is the stuff in this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57726195

However if I'm wrong, apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

hehe, I think Webmonkey has hit the nail on the head

As for setting up a SAN for 50 users :D

Advertisement