Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

eFibre F2000 DNS settings

• 30-08-2015 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

Hi. I changed to eFibre in last few weeks but have had problems getting some webpages e.g. www.MedicalCard.ie  . I have changed the DNS settings from 159.134.0.1&2 to 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 (static) and this seems to have fixed the issues for the time being. Is there anything wrong with eircoms DNS servers?
    Should I switch them back in the future?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Joe1919 wrote: »
    Hi. I changed to eFibre in last few weeks but have had problems getting some webpages e.g. www.MedicalCard.ie  . I have changed the DNS settings from 159.134.0.1&2 to 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 (static) and this seems to have fixed the issues for the time being. Is there anything wrong with eircoms DNS servers?
    Should I switch them back in the future?
    Hi joe1919, 

We have no known issues with this. 

The best advice I can offer is to contact our support team on 1890 260 260 (tel no. and option 0) They'll assist you there. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 28,659 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I had the same problems as the OP (same modem) .. frequent page load errors unless you refresh. Like him/her I changed the DNS settings to Google's IP's and all is well since.

Definitely seems to be a back-end issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

This has been discussed before, it's probably the router acting as a proxy dns server when "Static DNS:" is not ticked. I use "Static DNS:" and specify eircom's dns servers without a problem. It's probably better to use eircom's dns servers as a lot of content is delivered over CDNs these days, and content will be routed from a "closer" server if you use eircom's dns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks for the advice JD,

It would be best for anybody experiencing this issue to contact eircoms technical support team on free phone 1901

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement