Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Let The Polls begin! Best Film?

• 13-05-2003 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Ah, and VB even allows ten options. It was made for this poll. :)

(Oh, and Googling found me this: Star Trek 11: Borg Encounters w00t)

Which was the Best Star Trek Film? 53 votes

Star Trek: The Motion Picture
    0% 0 votes
    Star Trek: The Wrath Of Khan
    0% 0 votes
    Star Trek: The Search for Spock
    24% 13 votes
    Star Trek: The Voyage Home
    0% 0 votes
    Star Trek: The Final Frontier
    0% 0 votes
    Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country
    1% 1 vote
    Star Trek: Generations
    18% 10 votes
    Star Trek: First Contact
    5% 3 votes
    Star Trek: Insurrection
    45% 24 votes
    Star Trek: Nemesis
    3% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Its got beeeeeeee first contact, i remember watching that for the first time in the pictures pure quality, had to go on my own no else i knew liked star trek :( i remember really badly wanting to go the the gala premiere but it just wasn't going to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

Dark, moody, full of Shakespeare quotes and with a brilliant climax (the "to be, or not to be" scene).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Would have to be First Contact.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well Im the one who voted for nemmis. Mainly because the film started off slow and built up big which is what i like in a film! I Loved first contact but it started off exelent and kinda slowed down. Though a drunk troy was good.

I if i want shakesphere i`ll read a book.
    If i want dark and moody i`ll watch the power puf girls!
    And when i want good space battles i`ll watch trek 2, 10 and starwars!

nemisis was such a big improvemnt on their last outing ( Hot Beef Injection), i dont know why it dident do well in the flicks. I only got to see it onece i went to go the next week with my Bro and it was gone. Pity I hope it doesent put Rick bermen and the boys off making more films!

My only fault was data of course leave him dead for god sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

KKKKHHHAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!

...I'm the only one to vote for Wrath of Khan?! CrAzY!

Star Trek 11: Borg Encounters

...what's this all about then? a movie with Voyager crew? Sounds sh!te if you ask me.

[edit]
    wait.. it's a 3D themepark ride....
    see here
    Alice Krige told Sci Fi Wire that she will reprise her role as the Borg Queen in a 3-D theme park attraction entitled Borg Encounter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I voted for Wrath of Khan,

First movie I saw so it holds a special place in my heart!

Watched it at a 21st on Saturday still sooooo good!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

had to voted first contact, it's always so difficult to decide whether to vote for it or Khan, it usually depends on my mood.
    Star Trek: Borg Encounter

:eek: Hello :eek:

Now where did this come from then.

This should definitly be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

It's a theme park ride:

http://www.trektoday.com/news/210203_02.shtml

Like the Terminator 3D one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I voted Nemesis, i was soooo impressed with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Definately Wrath Of kahn !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Originally posted by azezil
    I voted Nemesis, i was soooo impressed with it :)

They made good use of backing tracks, which is something that Star Trek often lacks. I actually thought the film was too loud in the cinema I was in (Ster Century)!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Captain Spock: Mr. Scott, I understand you are experiencing difficulties with the warp engines?
    Captain Montgomery 'Scotty' Scott:There's nothing wrong with the bloody...
    Captain Spock: Mr. Scott, if the Enterprise responds to hails and returns to Starbase, there is a good chance that we will never see Captain Kirk or Doctor McCoy alive again.
    Captain Montgomery 'Scotty' Scott: Could take weeks, sir...

Defo my favorite film:) Wraith of Khan is second followed by First Contact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jaybuses crisp

ok first contact is pants

undiscoverd country very close second to my fav
    but wrath of kahn gets it for pure trekkiness

"KKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN"

quote from undiscoverd country " i`ve never trusted klingons and i never will i can never forgive them for the death of my boy"

"we need breathing room" (kirk) " earth hitler 1938"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Bard

Dark, moody, full of Shakespeare quotes and with a brilliant climax (the "to be, or not to be" scene).

Absolutely, best film of the lot.

I'm still shocked that anyone even bothered to vote for that turid lump of shiznit that was Nemesis. The plot had seen more holes than azezil on a 4-day weekend!

Although, I rather enjoyed The Journey Home.
    Quite a brilliant self-parody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I voted for First Contact cause it rocks my second favourite is Generations. As a seasoned trekkie it pains me to say that I still haven't seen Nemisis because I was in hospital while it was in the cimema:( Just waiting for it to come out on DVD

Ryan

i don't think you can be blamed for that we'll let you off the hook this time plus the fact it wasn't in the cinema for very long :(, i saw the two towers three times, but only nemesis once due to having to get straight back into college work after christmas, some fan i am.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

First Contact.

Nemesis was a big steaming pile of dogturd. Enormous plot holes, awful script, terrible ending. Generations and Insurrection are much better films, which is quite a feat.

The TOS films are an acquired taste.

The Motion Picture is pretty poor.
    I couldn't watch all of Wrath of Khan, i just found it soooooo cringeworthy.
    Search for Spock... urgh.
    Voyage Home was hilarious. Easily the funniest Star Trek film ever made, i'd nominate it as the 2nd best trek film.
    The Final Frontier is to TOS as what Generations is to TNG.
    I haven't seen the Undiscovered country (all of it, anyway) since i was about 12. I remember it being pretty good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    i don't think you can be blamed for that we'll let you off the hook this time plus the fact it wasn't in the cinema for very long :(, i saw the two towers three times, but only nemesis once due to having to get straight back into college work after christmas, some fan i am.
    Thanks, Commander a less forgiving sole might have ejected my ass into space:D Whats worse was when I was in hospital I could see the feckin Cimema from the window in my room plus I could see the pub across from it, Twas three weeks of tourture I tells ya:(

Ryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

Has to be Insurrection, was caught between First Conact and this but decided on Insurrection, just thought it was a very well made movie! But even still I wanted to vote for First Contact!

insurrection emm now theres some serious cause for debate as i would not have considered it one of the best even, though it is good, the joystick thingy hmm bad indeed. Anyone read the novelisation of it which seems to end differently then the film IIRC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Spock

Gotta love Khan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

I actually really loved Generations, maybe because it was the first one I saw in the cinema proper but I just thought it was brilliant all round, especially that incredible crash sequence with the Enterprise. It's been a while since I saw it proper though (last time I saw it I only saw the last half), I'll try renting it out again some time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Éomer of Rohan

Nemesis was crap and Insurrection was gooey. First Contact has it for the new films. As for the old ones, I think Wrath of Khan has it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

first contact was my fav, then generations.
    nemesis was a let down except for the ending.

Advertisement