Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UPS Ireland

Options
  • 06-07-2012 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problems with UPS.

I ordered items online last week and they were shipped with UPS - standard 2-3 day delivery option. They were shipped Saturday night and made it through Germany & UK hubs fast and efficient, however once it hit Ireland well in typical fahion it takes twice as long to do anything. You can see from scan information as soon as it hits Ireland everything just grinds to a halt.

The package was supposed to be here Wednesday I spent all day Wed and yesterday in waiting - same today. I have tracked it and apparently after spending a day and half sitting in Dublin it now is sitting in Cork and should have been out for delivery this morning but no tracking information says it has reached Cork and has been scanned twice as Destination Scan.

So that means it be at Monday at earliest before be delivered. :mad: as they don't delivery Saturdays. That over a week later.

I dropped the customer service a mail so be interesting to see what they say.

Has anyone else experienced this with UPS - I used to find them excellent but on this side the service gone disgraceful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

What you should do is email the company you brought the stuff off. Let them know what's going on and that it's giving them a bad name. Not a lot might happen but then again they might get on to ups to get their act together.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

libra02 wrote: »
    I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problems with UPS.

I ordered items online last week and they were shipped with UPS - standard 2-3 day delivery option. They were shipped Saturday night and made it through Germany & UK hubs fast and efficient, however once it hit Ireland well in typical fahion it takes twice as long to do anything. You can see from scan information as soon as it hits Ireland everything just grinds to a halt.

The package was supposed to be here Wednesday I spent all day Wed and yesterday in waiting - same today. I have tracked it and apparently after spending a day and half sitting in Dublin it now is sitting in Cork and should have been out for delivery this morning but no tracking information says it has reached Cork and has been scanned twice as Destination Scan.

So that means it be at Monday at earliest before be delivered. :mad: as they don't delivery Saturdays. That over a week later.

I dropped the customer service a mail so be interesting to see what they say.

Has anyone else experienced this with UPS - I used to find them excellent but on this side the service gone disgraceful.

They quote 2-3 working days, and the problem is, shipping at the weekend, you would have it on Monday, so they deliberately slow it down. otherwise you would basically have the overnight service. What happened after that is totally wrong, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The retailer has the contract with UPS, not you, so I'd get in touch with the retailer and let them know how long the item has taken.

Advertisement