Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women with tattoos..

• 10-06-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Whats everyones opinion on women with tattoos? I kind of want to be covered but I also want a professional career. I don't want to do it if it would hinder that.... Has anyone followed itsmsmurder on Instgram ? She is completely covered except for her face.. Think it look cool!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I think there was a thread about this recently. Anyway, I like tattoos on women. Tt's totally their choice if they want tattoos as it is mine. Also doesn't matter if you're male or female but having visible tattoos can affect future job chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The same as I think of men with tattoos. If the tattoos are nice, I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Altezzaeve

I am not sure what career you want but I was recently in Dunnes Stores & an employee commented on my tattoos and said there where nice and she continued to say Dunnes aske there employees to cover there tattoos

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Altezzaeve

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SazKav

Thanks for all your feedback! I see people covered in them, and I always wonder.. where do you work? I always think they must have an 'alternative job' compared to an office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Personally i think if they're done well it's very sexy. But career wise, not really an issue, it's very easy to cover 90% of your skin and still not look overdressed. Once you keep them off your hands and face, you could be plastered in them and who'd have to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

My GF has one running from her pelvic area (is that right?) going up her tummy, around her waist and right up to her shoulder blade. It looks amazing and we're talking about when she's getting her next one...when mine are done first!! :D So yeah, I like tattoo's on women - or at least on my one! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SazKav

My GF has one running from her pelvic area (is that right?) going up her tummy, around her waist and right up to her shoulder blade. It looks amazing and we're talking about when she's getting her next one...when mine are done first!! :D So yeah, I like tattoo's on women - or at least on my one! :cool:

Thanks!Thats teething! I know they are addictive! So once i start i wont stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Have to say I love tattoos on women, to the point that if i know a woman has tattoos she automatically becomes much more attractive to me.

Plus if your into tattoos and the person your with has tattoos its a nice interest to share, as so many have said they are addictive and people can get quite passionaite about tattoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sweeney1971

You will be turned down for job's if the tattoo is visible.

It looks cheap and screams out at people.

You will regret it.

Think of your kids and grand kids.

It is the mark of the Beast.

Look around at those women who had tattoo's in the 70's cashing their pensions and shudder.

• Advertisement

You will be turned down for job's if the tattoo is visible.

It looks cheap and screams out at people.

You will regret it.

Think of your kids and grand kids.

It is the mark of the Beast.

Look around at those women who had tattoo's in the 70's cashing their pensions and shudder.

:rolleyes: Did you look at what thread you wre posting in before typing that tripe?

Its looks cheap and the mark of the beast nice well educated comments.

They may look good on an 18 year old but see them on a 60 year old.
    Even worse see them on an over weight girl.
    It saddens me when I have to interview a young girl for a job covered in Tattoo's. I have employed them if the Tattoo is covered.
    It sends out the wrong message.
    Also depends which circles you associate in.

You will find out exactly what I mean when you grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

It saddens me when I have to interview a young girl for a job covered in Tattoo's. I have employed them if the Tattoo is covered.

I'd sooner employ someone who had a firm grasp of the english language. But everyone is weird in their own way I guess :)

But you do realise people get tattoos for themselves not what other people think they look like? I appreciate all nice tattoos regardless of the age of the person there on, and once there happy having it on there skin thats all that matters.

You do realise peope from all backrounds have tattoos dont you?

Nice condescending attitude no harm in debate but when you try belittle other people and there opinions you just make yourself look bad, not that its any of your business but im a 28yr old man plenty grown up, got my first tattoo ten years ago and still have no regrets about ever getting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Its all about visibility!!!

i'll be perfectly honest, a women walking at what looks to be 34-40+ years of age with sagging skin and wearing clothes to show off the ink is rotten, but if they are tasteful then there isnt a problem. as for job opportunities take a look at this pic

tattoo-hidden.jpg

Nuff said!!!

on that note, take a look at this woman:
    bodytats%20tattoos%20women.jpg

compared with:

0200906251457051390.jpg

granted the 2nd is COVERED!!!!! i feel that if if the tattoos are tasteful and have a story/meaning then there isnt a problem. if you are like the 2nd woman and you are tattooing every square inch of yourself for the sake of it then there can and will be problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

If you're making decisions based on the feelings of future kids and grand-kids not yet born, then you're doing it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Amel1727

Hi,

I can to answer you because I'm a woman with tattoo ;).
    Actually, I have 4 tattoo and I will meet my tatooist June 22 to make 2 over tattoo.

For my part, I think that tattoo will don't shock when I will be old because a lot of person will have tattoo.
    So, I'm a little bit rock n roll, It's my way to express me.

I work in communication sector, my tattoo are not a problem ... For the moment !

See you and sorry for my language, I'm french.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

This thread again.

Anyway, I'm riddled with tattoos, large ones covering all but my hands, neck and face. There are people who have known me for years that don't know i have tattoos. they have never stopped me getting a job, i just wear long sleeves and pants... sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

My feeling about tattoos will look bad on you when your old-You're gonna look awful and old anyway, may as well have some fantastic art on your body for your good years!

I plan on having a professional job, so any tattoos I get will go in discrete places, which is a lot of places because you aren't gonna be showing a lot of skin in a professional job anyway! I would have loved a lip piercing but I was always conscious of the hole it will leave when I take it out.

Cover yourself in tattoos if you want! You're back is massive and will never be seen, and if you want full sleeves, they can easily be covered too. All you really need to avoid is neck, hands and face.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

My tattoos clearly make a lot of people uncomfortable, particularly when first meeting me. Sometimes it bothers me.

Recently i have been thinking: good. I am a short little dumpy woman who looks a lot younger than she is. Anything that will make people approach me with a little more thought and respect, rather than assuming I am a harmless little girl, is useful.

Maybe I *am* the kind of woman your mother warned you about - mind your manners...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Tattoos on women make them automatically sexier than other women, for me anyway! And on a side note when I'm 60 and old and wrinkled and suffering from all types of diseases I won't be thinking "oh why oh why did I get a tattoo at 20 " also I'm studying economics and finance in college I have my ears stretched my lip pierced and my tragus Pierced and a tattoo on my neck ( it can be hidden with a shirt ) I've had plenty of part time jobs and have had no problems in internship interviews so far because I informed everyone that they can be hidden very easily if needed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Anyone who is unsure about women with tattoos. Just go on to facebook and search for "Tattooed Women", probably my favourite page on the internet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Women with tatoos is a turnoff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

There's a stunner at work with a small tattoo on her neck, visible when she wears her hair up. I still would though.

What I tend to find here is that if someone posts a comment no one agree's with, they are ripped to pieces. A tattoo on a man, he can get away with it. On a young girl it screams out.
    As for languages I speak four which one would you like it in kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

1966 wrote: »

Take away the tattoo and she's still old and saggy though. At least she has something she likes on her body.

By the looks of it, Jimi Hendrix signed her cleavage and she got it tattooed on, which would be an awesome story if it were true! I'd love a gran like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I have 3 tattoos and would like a few more.
    mine are on my back and shoulders so are covered up all the time and cant be seen unless i show them to someone.
    i got them all , as they each mean something to me - when i talk about tattoos to people they always say to me ill regret it when im older, but the way i look at it is, i dont see them on a daily basis myself so its not like ill get sick of looking at them or anything!!

mossy95 wrote: »
    Women with tatoos is a turnoff

For me, it is illiteracy.

• Advertisement

My tattoos have yet to come to their full badass potential. A young woman with a few "discrete" "feminine" tattoos? Please, those are dime a dozen. Now, an 80 year old woman with tattooed knuckles? Endless awesome.

Advertisement