Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosanna Davison denies mini marathon cheat claims

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Give a f**k ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Would be very damaging to someone's character if they were found out to be cheating in a charity race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Yes I believe her. Why would she risk ruining her image for a bloody mini marathon? She's right - nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

How lazy do you have to be to cheat at a mini marathon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Rosanna Davison denies mini marathon cheat claims

Shes telling the truth.
    Twas a Snickers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

..not a real marathon...

...take longer walks with me dog...

...fat arsed women claiming they've done a marathon...

There ya go I think I've covered most of the annual anti-marathon grumbling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭dmcronin

mikom wrote: »
    Shes telling the truth.
    Twas a Snickers.

Fun Size

Gaz wrote: »
    Give a f**k ?

Pretty ironic post considering you and all the people who thanked your post opened the thread and read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

“Carmel was ahead of me so it clocked her start time and she ran back and gave me the number so it clocked my finish time, giving me a time of 43 minutes,” she explains.

Read more: http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/rosanna-davison-denies-mini-marathon-cheat-claims-3131761.html?ino=2#wcol#ixzz1x74IHKvU

Isn't it against the rules to swap numbers?

Also if this was the case, shouldn't there be 2 finish times for the same number?

False & fake in everything she does

micropig wrote: »
    Also if this was the case, shouldn't there be 2 finish times for the same number?

She never said Carmel crossed the finish line with the number...:confused:

So, no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Carmel was ahead of me so it clocked her start time and she ran back and gave me the number so it clocked my finish time

This makes no sense...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

She's a well known figure in Ireland whether anyone likes it or not. Cheating at a charity run is bad enough form. Cheating in general is poor behavior. When it comes from someone who does it at a public event and from someone who courts the limelight then I think it's worth pointing out. If you start overlooking things then they snowball. I'd rather see a socially conscious public than one that doesn't say boo to cheats.
    I'm sure she's a lovely person though. It's not that big a deal in the run of things, and maybe she didn't cheat. Better to question than to not care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

How does clocking yer ones start time and Rosanna's finish time make it seem quicker than it was when yer one had to run back to swap numbers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I've no idea who Rosanna Davidson is.
    I'm not bothered enough to google her.
    But why do people care about these things?
    I really do not get it.
    So effing what if someone cheated in a mini marathon?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

“Carmel was ahead of me so it clocked her start time and she ran back and gave me the number so it clocked my finish time, giving me a time of 43 minutes,” she explains.

Read more: http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/rosanna-davison-denies-mini-marathon-cheat-claims-3131761.html?ino=2#wcol#ixzz1x74IHKvU

False & fake in everything she does

SO she ran the marathon without registering?

What a c*nt!

whirlpool wrote: »
    She never said Carmel crossed the finish line with the number...:confused:

So, no.

So Carmel crossed the starting line with the number,handed it to Rosanna and Rosanna crossed the finish line with it

eh that's out and out cheating

LordSmeg wrote: »
    How does clocking yer ones start time and Rosanna's finish time make it seem quicker than it was when yer one had to run back to swap numbers ?

Good point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Callers to the ‘Joe Duffy Show’ also observed that Rosanna looked ‘fantastic’ considering she had run on a hot day.

She is an ambassador for the charity
    The photos were take before the race

The ISPCA booked a block of numbers and put them all in the name of one of their officers.
    If one of their runners needed a number they get one of these
    If ten or twenty or whatever number of people in your office were running it then your office could have block booked a set of numbers too

What a non-story spun out of nothing

I've no idea who Rosanna Davidson is.
    I'm not bothered enough to google her.
    But why do people care about these things?
    I really do not get it.
    So effing what if someone cheated in a mini marathon?!

Why do people always get so worked up when people discuss something like this? Looking for thanks?

It's not a big deal, it's just something light hearted to talk about and nobody's claiming that it's anything more. If you aren't interested then just don't post.

mikemac1 wrote: »

The ISPCA booked a block of numbers and put them all in the name of one of their officers.
    If ten or twenty or whatever number of people in your office were running it then your office could have block booked a set of numbers too

This info changes things too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

phasers wrote: »
    Why do people always get so worked up when people discuss something like this? Looking for thanks?

It's not a big deal, it's just something light hearted to talk about and nobody's claiming that it's anything more. If you aren't interested then just don't post.

Looking for thanks?
    Why would someone give a crap about that either?!

I'm hardly worked up in fairness.
    I just asked a simple question.

But then why didn't she just say that instead of saying someone ran back to her and gave her a number halfway through the race :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Looking for thanks?
    Why would someone give a crap about that either?!

I'm hardly worked up in fairness.
    I just asked a simple question.

You need to calm down pal, you're clearly irate. Maybe even hysterical. :D

What a non-story spun out of nothing

That's what I thought when I heard it first, but her quote in the Independent from her states that Carmel ran back and gave her the number. Why would Carmel need to start the race and run back and give her the number and Rosanna not have her number before the race?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

LordSmeg wrote: »
    It doesn't. But she's a model, not a mathematician.
    Swapping the numbers is irrelevant. The timing is done by a chip on the shoe which isn't that easy to swap over mid-race.
    So the other woman may well have gone back and given Rosanna her number without swapping the chip over. This would clock the other woman's time.

Her explanation doesn't really make sense - if she couldn't get into the race without a number, how did the other woman "run back" and give her the number?

I think there's probably a half-truth there that she didn't have her number, so the other woman went into the race, crossed the start line and then at some point gave her number to Rosanna, who jumped into the race while the other woman continued on with the chip and finished it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Sure, we're always cheating at sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I'd still ride her.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

..not a real marathon...

...take longer walks with me dog...

...fat arsed women claiming they've done a marathon...

There ya go I think I've covered most of the annual anti-marathon grumbling.

Have you run that far with your dog?

seamus wrote: »
    It doesn't. But she's a model, not a mathematician.
    Swapping the numbers is irrelevant. The timing is done by a chip on the shoe which isn't that easy to swap over mid-race.
    So the other woman may well have gone back and given Rosanna her number without swapping the chip over. This would clock the other woman's time.

Her explanation doesn't really make sense - if she couldn't get into the race without a number, how did the other woman "run back" and give her the number?

I think there's probably a half-truth there that she didn't have her number, so the other woman went into the race, crossed the start line and then at some point gave her number to Rosanna, who jumped into a taxi the race while the other woman continued on with the chip and finished it.

FYP:D

Chip in the shoe??

Chip in the number;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

squod wrote: »
    I'd still ride her.

Good man. Quality input. Keep it coming.

Advertisement