Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

US Sports Thread (NBA, NCAA, MBL, NHL, NFL, etc.)

• 11-09-2011 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

As ElLocoAde is going...well, loco :cool: in football thread, here is the topic which can be quite useful for placing and exchanging tips for various US Sports. There's a few excellent tipsters here, some of them have their own log (Tom Brady and El Horseboxo stands out), but hopefully we will be able to have a decent discussion about NFL, MLB, NCAAF and in few weeks about NHL, NBA and NCAAB as well.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Excellent idea, i like to follow the u.s sports a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

A treble for interest in the 6pm games

- Titans -1.5
    - Eagles -3.5
    - Steelers +1.5

€10 returns €60

I've also done

- Cardinals -6.5, Patriots -7.0, Titans -1.5

Watch the Titans mess both of them up now :o

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Watch the Titans mess both of them up now :o

Yep :pac:

Although I thought they were going to reel the Jags in with a few seconds left, they threw an INT.

Steelers did much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Im all over New York Jets -6 on PP @ evens.

They had one of the best defense in the league last year and the day that is in it i don't think they will want to lose at home. Very big day for them as well with them opening up the new stadium.

( now i don't know my ass from my head when it comes to American football so if im wrong or as far out as a light house just tell me or ignore me. )

And tomorrow im on. (with thanks to Tom Brady/Archie)

New England Patriots -7 @ 10/11
    Denver Broncos -3 @ 4/5

You're probably spot on, but as they showed on their first drive Cowboys have weapons that can make plays despite the phenomenal defence of the Jets. I think the Boys can at least stay within the spread, if not win the game narrowly. So I took the Cowboys spread :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Patriots were down to -6.5 over the weekend at one stage. Back to -7 now, I'd expect to see that up to -7.5 before kick off.

Also, a small tip would be Wes Welker over 67.5 receiving yards. In the 7 games he's played against the Dolphins, he's averaged 7.8 catches and 98 yards a game.

Also, in more general news the weather forecast for Miami tonight is cloudy with a low enough temperature. As good as an away team can hope for when visiting Miami in early September.

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Patriots were down to -6.5 over the weekend at one stage. Back to -7 now, I'd expect to see that up to -7.5 before kick off.

Also, a small tip would be Wes Welker over 67.5 receiving yards. In the 7 games he's played against the Dolphins, he's averaged 7.8 catches and 98 yards a game.

Also, in more general news the weather forecast for Miami tonight is cloudy with a low enough temperature. As good as an away team can hope for when visiting Miami in early September.

Went with them two tips again on singles. Also went with this:

Any Time Touchdown Scorer
    BenJarvus Green-Ellis @ 4/7

Brandon Lloyd @ 10/11.

The other bet i was looking at was Tom Brady over 260.5 passing yards any advice on this one? Not really sure about it. cheers :D

CriticEyes wrote: »

BenJarvus Green-Ellis @ 4/7

Brandon Lloyd @ 10/11.

The other bet i was looking at was Tom Brady over 260.5 passing yards any advice on this one? Not really sure about it. cheers :D

I'd avoid The Brady bet myself, simply because I think the Pats will lead for most of the game and won't have to throw the ball as a result.

I'd avoid The Brady bet myself, simply because I think the Pats will lead for most of the game and won't have to throw the ball as a result.

Good thinking mate i will avoid it! Cheers

Waiting on Denver -3 and NE -6.5 to complete a treble with Dallas +5.5, might do just a single with NE as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

OchoCinco & Lloyd TD's needed to bring in an 8/1 accum with some footy tonight.

Also went with Welker over 60.5 receiving yards @ 4/5

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

All aboard the Archi train so :D

All aboard the Archi train so :D

Jesus, no pressure then :(

BenJarvus Green-Ellis @ 4/7 :D

Brandon Lloyd @ 10/11.

Part one in......... Mon LLOYD!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Could someone give me an update on Patriots match im watching it but haven't a clue whats going on. I got a acca (9) @ €1 possible return of €103 only two left and their the American footie tips from CriticEyes -7 and -3

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

user2011 wrote: »
    Could someone give me an update on Patriots match im watching it but haven't a clue whats going on. I got a acca (9) @ €1 possible return of €103 only two left and their the American footie tips from CriticEyes -7 and -3
    Well which one is -7?! Can presume it's the Patriots! It's 14-14 at the minute so your acca is screwed currently!

They are not from me bud. If they come up you will have to thanks Tom Brady/Archie. He is the genius with his tips. ......

As for updates..........
    http://www.flashscore.com/american-football/

and

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=310912015&period=3

OR
    if you want to watch it >
    http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/83493/1/watch-miami-dolphins-vs-new-england-patriots.html

Best of luck with your bets and they are not my tips all from the good man Tom Brady/Archie. :D

bets look good again! 21-14 Patriots!! :D MON!!

Ah balls it was 14-7 last time i was looking at it. Do the Patriots look like beating -7? it would been nice too turn 1 to 103

Ah balls it was 14-7 last time i was looking at it. Do the Patriots look like beating -7? it would been nice too turn 1 to 103
    Look the Patriots could win by 30 but you're still going to be waiting on another game so don't get too excited yet! They should win by 8+ though cause the Dolphins have been woeful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Would be a correct pick - it's still 3rd quarter and he's already on 279 yrds (if I read game tracker properly). I guess it's because game is closer than expected.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Look the Patriots could win by 30 but you're still going to be waiting on another game so don't get too excited yet! They should win by 8+ though cause the Dolphins have been woeful!

Wouldn't say its in the bag! Looks like they will get points back here.

Too much back and forth, the defences are anonymous. There'll be nothing worse than the Pats matching the spread exactly :(

kmart6 wrote: »

Ah the Dolphins quickly squashed the hope i had early when they got a touchdown. Then i got thinking anything with England in it will surely mess a punter up :pac:

They got a field goal there so if the Patriots go up and score another TD which they should do, it gives the -7 a bit of cushion.

stingerro wrote: »
    Would be a correct pick - it's still 3rd quarter and he's already on 279 yrds (if I read game tracker properly). I guess it's because game is closer than expected.

Im trying to read that game tracker as well. Is W Welker over 68 recieving yards? cheers?

Im trying to read that game tracker as well. Is W Welker over 68 recieving yards? cheers?
    No. http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=310912015

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Too much back and forth, the defences are anonymous. There'll be nothing worse than the Pats matching the spread exactly :(
    True the D's are non existent nearly but Brady is able to take advantage of it better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Not yet, but he's getting closer (already on 54). I am on 60,5 though.

• Advertisement

Patriots have it covered now and can't see them not being able to by the end!

Advertisement