Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Arc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Montjeu

This is the draw for anyone interested.

1. Hiruno D'amour
    2. Danedream
    3. Testosterone
    4. Galikova
    5. Masked Marvel
    6. St. Nicholas Abbey
    7. Reliable Man
    8. Workforce
    9. Shareta
    10. Meandre
    11. Snow Fairy
    12. Treasure Beach
    13. Sarafina
    14. So You Think
    15. Silver Pond
    16. Nakayama Festa

The more I look into this race Reliable Man becomes a lot more interesting. Worries over the ground but judging by recent racing times it seems to be on the softer side of good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

1. Galikova
    2. Snow Fairy
    3. Treasure Beach

That is all you need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

1. Reliable Man
    2. So You Think
    3. Galikova

Meandre
    Reliable Man
    Treasure Beach

A weak renewal but it should be an interesting race all the same. On a separate note, what a fabulous day racing tomorrow will be as a whole with 7 group 1's.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

sarifina too big at 5s even with a wide draw (w hill)
    ive gone with her and an ew bet on masked marvel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Meandre.

Where the winner was drawn.

Year Draw Runners Time
    2008 1 16 148.8
    1994 2 20 151.1
    1997 2 18 144.6
    2002 3 16 144.7
    1999 4 14 158.5
    2006 4 8 146.3
    1996 5 16 149.9
    2004 5 19 145.0
    2005 6 15 147.4
    2007 6 12 148.5
    2009 6 19 146.3
    1995 7 16 151.8
    1998 7 14 154.5
    2000 7 10 145.8
    2010 8 18 155.3
    1993 9 23 157.9
    1991 12 14 151.4
    1992 14 18 159.0
    2003 14 13 152.3
    2001 15 17 156.1

A single digit draw looks best most years.
    The few times high stall horses won the time was slow.
    I assume those years the draw was unimportant.
    Possibly the ground on the inside rail was cut up and that hindered the low draw horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I have a feeling Sarafina is going to (try) cut through the field and get a passage through close to the rail if possible. She'll be towards the back of course but through the race she'll be edging into a better position. That's probably why they put her through that gap in the Foy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

mailburner wrote: »
    sarifina too big at 5s even with a wide draw (w hill)
    ive gone with her and an ew bet on masked marvel

She's way too short at 5's if you ask me, its a big ask for a filly to win an arc let alone from stall 13. Plus given her style of running it's going to be very hard to get home in front. Lay all day.

Reliable man for me huge price at tens for a french derby and prix niel winner, Ground is softer than they were expecting today as well.

1. Reliable man
    2. Hiruno Damour
    3. So you think

1. Sarafina
    2. Meandre
    3. Masked Marvel

• Advertisement

Fabulous ride by Mosse to start things off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Questions over whether or not Reliable Man is going to run with the ground.

Treasure Beach each way,I love that horse. Galikova a big danger

Fcuk I fancied Tangerine Trees but didn't back it

Judging by Kasbah Bliss' win the ground seems to be pretty quick. Will have another cut at Meandre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Ill be investing 6 points in this race all on outsiders.

1 pt EW 33/1 St. Nich Abbey. I just think he has a bit more in the tank than he has shown this year and if he can ben ridden forcably and to the fore he may grind a place, and in my opinion has a chance of winning.
    1 pt EW 33/1 Treasure Beach. 3 yos have an excellent record, and he is about as solid a 3yo as there is this year with some of the best form. In addition the ground looks to be in his favour.
    1 pt EW 33/1 Nakayama Festa. 2nd last year, and this race has a habit of trowing up repeat good performances , he is drawn wide which isnt great but he isnt that big a shot to place here.

Ill also be going for a 1 pt win bet on one of my Fav horses Marchand d'Or in the 2:30. altough its over 7 furlongs and the ground wont really suit, he is in good form and 27.0 on betfair looks big.. 1 pt win 27.0 betfair

Jaysus, that race needs a lot of watching. The German hacked up!

And she was supplemented.

The winner was magnificent an improving 3yo filly but what the hell happened the rest of the field, the O'Brien horses ran well but Sarafina, meander,reliable Man, Galilova, Workforce etc they really let the top Gp 1 form down. The Arc is a great race to watch but the bookies must be laughing all the way to the Bank this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

I can't believe the ride Peslier gave Galikova, gave her no chance, I thought he was going to angle her out at the bend after she got snatched up on the rail in the false straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

The winner was very impressive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Itziger

The winner was impressive but as has been said, wtf happened the other fancied runners?? All the trial winners and runners up (I think) were 20 lengths back. So You Think did ok from where he was but all in all a bit disappointing.

I don't think it was a case of the others not performing to expectations but rather they were just blown away by the filly and couldn't get near her.

It was a remarkable performance but in saying that I do feel underwhelmed from the race. I was watching to see who was going to fly from the pack and it wasn't until the last 100 yards did I realise the filly was going to win.

The race was very similar to the Grand prix de Paris or Frankels Guineas win, the fast pace set by Treasure beach just left the fancied horses out on their feet. The winner was the best horse, but the placed horses would be hard pushed to confirm the form with many of the also rans should they meet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

6 pages and not once is the winner, or 2nd for that matter mentioned ! :D

I done Snow Fairy e/w and SYT on the nose.

Had small ew nibble on Tangerine Trees though which is great.

Smarts horses are flying in Engerland so was hoping TT would be in fine fettle.

Poor Arc though. SYT and Snow Fairy to take outta it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

tryfix wrote: »
    The race was very similar to the Grand prix de Paris or Frankels Guineas win, the fast pace set by Treasure beach just left the fancied horses out on their feet. The winner was the best horse, but the placed horses would be hard pushed to confirm the form with many of the also rans should they meet again.

The question needs to be asked : Would Danedream confirm the form if she met SYT and Snow Fairy again?
    I'd have to say no to be honest.

I can't believe obrien used an Irish Derby winner as a pacemaker, who ultimately went off too quick meaning SYT was way further back than they planned. He did well to finish where he did after coming from maybe 15 lengths down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Surely the reason that so many fancied horses ran badly, and unfancied horses ran well is that the good ground (if not firm) completely threw the formbook in the air?

I went to it, first time in Longchamp, its a magnificent event.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Morgans

Why wouldnt the winner confirm form over the same conditions?

Could have been called the winner from a long way out. Just the horse improving most at the right time. No fluke. Winner by a long margin. Valuable filly now, hope she will be kept in training.

Morgans wrote: »
    Why wouldnt the winner confirm form over the same conditions?

Could have been called the winner from a long way out. Just the horse improving most at the right time. No fluke. Winner by a long margin. Valuable filly now, hope she will be kept in training.

Personally and just mho I dont think ANY horse ran to their form. Look at Workforce who won it last year, stuffed, even Sarafina who was unlucky last year was no where. It's pacemaker was second for god sake. Even SNA finishing as close as he did to the likes of SYT makes the form questionable. By all account those 2 are in different parishes at Ballydoyle.
    Yes the winner won it well I'd simply take that form with a bag of salt.

By no means is SYT in a different parish to SNA. It looked at one stage in the race he was going to win it,that horse has more to give I'm sure of it.

• Advertisement

UrbanSea wrote: »
    By no means is SYT in a different parish to SNA. It looked at one stage in the race he was going to win it,that horse has more to give I'm sure of it.

Ah tis yourself !
    One went off 5/1 and the other at 33/1, says it all.

Advertisement