Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Was doing revision on respiration when I seen a question asking the chemical equation for aerobic respiration.

I'd always learnt the equation as c6h12o6 + 6o2 = 6h2o + 6co2 but the marking scheme said the answer is c6h12o6 + 6o2 = 6co2 + 6h2o

Anyone know if there's any difference? That's the answer I gave in my mocks (the first equation)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Was doing revision on respiration when I seen a question asking the chemical equation for aerobic respiration.

I'd always learnt the equation as c6h12o6 + 6o2 = 6h2o + 6co2 but the marking scheme said the answer is c6h12o6 + 6o2 = 6co2 + 6h2o

Anyone know if there's any difference? That's the answer I gave in my mocks (the first equation)

The only difference I can see between the two is that CO2 and H20 are ordered differently in the marking scheme...in which case, it makes absolutely no difference.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Slow Show wrote: »
    The only difference I can see between the two is that CO2 and H20 are ordered differently in the marking scheme...in which case, it makes absolutely no difference.:)

Yeah I noticed it was only a small difference. Cheers, hopefully I'll get the marks so..! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

I'd love to meet whoever made these sraith pictiuri and give them a good kick up the arse . . Why are there twenty >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Politically correct Applied Maths book :pac:

DSC_0237.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Methememb wrote: »
    Politically correct Applied Maths book :pac:

DSC_0237.jpg
    Damn black oil coming in a stealing all our applied Maths questions! *shakes fist*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Did and corrected the 09 biology paper tonight and got a B1 which means there's zero improvement from my mock. Perhaps I've hit my ceiling in Biology :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dillon34

God, you're all so smart here. Looking at the study logs is seriously putting the Sh*ts/motivating me :pac:

But seriously, do ya's not have a day off? any teacher i've had always said give yourself a day's break like Sunday to relax!

Obviously doesn't apply here, I guess :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Lads, should I change my name from bluejaymraz to just bluejay (or some variation of that depending on availability). I want to but I don't want to, if that makes any sense. I want to get rid of the end bit but it's like I can't bring myself to do it, it's like a part of me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

You're a moderator ! Congrats!

• Advertisement

You're a moderator ! Congrats!

A moderator to the Junior Cert forum, I don't envy you bluejaymraz!

A moderator to the Junior Cert forum, I don't envy you bluejaymraz!
    Don't knock it 'til you've tried it!

It was where my boards journey began all those years ago. JCOT2010 was where it was at. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Just found out Young Guns (amazing band) are playing here, absolutely dying to go see them. And guess when they're playing? YEP. TWO DAYS BEFORE THE LEAVING. I AM SO DONE WITH THE LEAVING O M G

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

How do you become a MOD on Boards? Do you apply or are you asked? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Had a dream last night that I got 40% in hl maths mock cause they came into the school yesterday so I have to wait till today to get it which I was sure I failed and was so happy in my dream until I woke up :(
    It was so realistic aswell :( I got 42% in p1 and 38 in p2 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

62% in maths, I'll take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

Anyone listen to Joe Duffy on project maths? Seems as if it's just a publicity stunt and the general consensus is that no one likes it. Glad I'm not the only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Had a dream last night that I got 40% in hl maths mock
    I had a dream too last night about my mock results wish they were true :P

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Jade. wrote: »
    I had a dream too last night about my mock results wish they were true :P
    Got it back today and got 32% :( don't know whether I should drop to pass but a D3 is 70 points :O

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Got it back today and got 32% :( don't know whether I should drop to pass but a D3 is 70 points :O
    Well you weren't that much off passing so you could still pass it in the real thing and there is a big difference between the points. But then you need to pass maths so if you are always failing maybe you should drop but anyone in my year who dropped from higher to ordinary are now struggling because of the difference in the course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Got 79% in Spanish...Good enough but still kinda disapppointed :L It was one of the highest in the class if not highest and one of the comprehensions savagely pulled my marks down! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I actually started reading up on it today :D Friend and I are planning on hustling in school :cool:

Have the book on which it is based on my to-read list. :o

Got physics back today. Shocking number of fails in the class. At least 7 in a class of ~18.

Also, congratz bluejay. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Went out last night and I'm up earlier than if I'd stayed at home all night......

The CAO statistics are out according to RTÉ, I can't find anything on the CAO website and it's not in the normal Applicant Stats page, I suppose us plebs will have to wait for it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Has anyone done sample Paper E of the edco maths exam papers, paper 1 Q1?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

The CAO statistics are out according to RTÉ, I can't find anything on the CAO website and it's not in the normal Applicant Stats page, I suppose us plebs will have to wait for it! ;)
    No information on IT and Business trends?

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    No information on IT and Business trends?
    It wasn't mentioned so your guess is as good as mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

It wasn't mentioned so your guess is as good as mine!
    Such a shame would be interesting to see how many people are interested in IT and Business since employment is booming in these sectors. I can always wait after July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Its such a poorly written article too. Short, bland sentences :pac: more info please!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement