Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

mma clothing dublin city centre??

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    You have a pretty sad way of looking at people. Are you of the my Nikes are better than your Pumas brigade?

OK Jesus, I believe you that you think no one ever looks silly if they wear certain types of clothes or want to present a certain image of themselves to the world.

Emo-704893.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i have to agree with makikomi aswell as lover man?!?!?! the cloths are great and they do last long and most of the times they are great value for money but im just sick of seeing people of all ages wearing them out were i am in blanch its doing my nut in and annoys me to the highest degree , i hate when people say you have to do mma or what ever to wear them , (its a tshirt ffs wear what they want ) but i do see people wearing them with attitudes and melons under their arms ??i did mma before , i started when i was in 3rd year and it was well before ufc was on the tv and before it was even brought to light and mostly everybody didnt even know mma existed i did it because i loved the techniques etc and i have been training in muay thai for years because my unlces have done it since they were 18 and i was brought into it thru the family but the people are just copping onto to it just because its on the tele and the sport has been blown up.iv been to clubs wear you see people turning up in all the new t shirts and gear etc just because they seen it on the tele and want to do it because its cool and iv also seen them strugle and quit after the first training section and see them around in all the gear on the street and even heard a few lads bragging etc saying ill do this move and ill do that if you dont shut up etc, this kind of attitude has wrecked the clubs/sport for some people i know ,its wrecked it for me big style!!! loads of my friends didnt even know i did muay thai becuase i dont go around like most people iv seen throwing knee's and showing off when they are out messing.
    if im out wearing a tapout t shirt(i own one shirt with small print) or even a thai shirt i just feel like covering it up because everyone iv seen was just looking at my shirt or giving me daggers etc , i even had a little lout about 18/19 come up to me and ask me where i "spar" and all this crap , i felt like telling him to fcuk off whick, i just said i train here blah blah, i asked him the same , he gave me a wrong name of a trainer in a club etc ( knew the place well ) i was like fcuk off you tool !!! that sort of sh*t and people that wear the gear are twats who give people who just plainly like the cloths and sport a bad name !!!!! and thats what pisses me off , and when you wear the t shirts people auto matically think your a hard man ?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yeah A V A, whether people here want to admit it or not, the reality is most people think negatively about people wearing tapout shirts. I just asked my girlfriend (who I force to watch UFC sometimes) what she thinks of people who wear tapout shirts, and she replied "sad bastards".

Whether she's right or wrong is irrelevant really; I'd say her opinion is the common opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

I wear Tapout, Silver Star and a lot of Warrior International and I certainly don't wear them to think I'm hard as I'm not... I may do weights (for the last 25 years) and be in ok shape but wearing a tshirt that a fighter wears does not make me think I'm tough.. I think they actually look very cool... and if I had more money I would wear Affliction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

OK Jesus, I believe you that you think no one ever looks silly if they wear certain types of clothes or want to present a certain image of themselves to the world.

Emo-704893.jpg

Please don't try to tell me how I think of people and how they look. It makes you look like a twat. The same could be said about anyone that thinks that a label on a piece of clothing is an indication of what the wearer is.

• Advertisement

Please don't try to tell me how I think of people and how they look. It makes you look like a twat. The same could be said about anyone that thinks that a label on a piece of clothing is an indication of what the wearer is.

You are human, so I know you judge people.

I fully appreciate you want to pretend otherwise so you can continue to disagree with me in this thread, but you're just being silly.

I fully appreciate you want to pretend otherwise so you can continue to disagree with me in this thread, but you're just being silly.

Every human judges people. It's a basic trait.

I don't condescend just because someone is wearing a particular brand of clothing. That is idiotic.

I don't condescend just because someone is wearing a particular brand of clothing. That is idiotic.

OK Jesus.

EDIT: I see from one of your posts an hour ago that you do in fact judge people, but only if they squint while reading. LOL.

Mockery will get you nowhere. Enjoy your life Mr. Loverman.

Mockery will get you nowhere. Enjoy your life Mr. Loverman.

Eh, why don't you read your posts on this thread to see how many times you have attempted to mock me.

Seriously man, you're saying one thing and than doing the opposite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

eating-popcorn-04.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Yeah A V A, whether people here want to admit it or not, the reality is most people think negatively about people wearing tapout shirts. I just asked my girlfriend (who I force to watch UFC sometimes) what she thinks of people who wear tapout shirts, and she replied "sad bastards".

Whether she's right or wrong is irrelevant really; I'd say her opinion is the common opinion.

Is it just Tapout or some of the others, Warrior Intl, Silver Star etc...?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Maybe so, but most people I know judge people by their personality, not their clothes..
    Ever heard the saying "Never judge a book by it's cover." ? ;)

Eh, why don't you read your posts on this thread to see how many times you have attempted to mock me.

Seriously man, you're saying one thing and than doing the opposite.

Oh dear, oh dear. You dragged up a post where I stated that a man who squinted his eyes annoyed me? How does that relate to branding people who wear Tapout clothing as sad wannabe toughmen. It is quite different.

I will leave you to your life Mr Loverman as I feel that anyone who searches through someones posts for some ammunition in a pathetic arguement isn't worth talking to. Good day.

I don't condescend just because someone is wearing a particular brand of clothing.

Btw you're misunderstanding my point if you think the issue I have is with a brand. It's not. The issue I have is the mentality of the person who struts around in their tapout shirts.

Obviously I know there are exceptions and some people just genuinely like the look of tapout shirts, but you know and I know that there are plenty of tools who wear them because they think they're hard men. I live in Tallaght and I see it all the time.

Oh dear, oh dear. You dragged up a post where I stated that a man who squinted his eyes annoyed me? How does that relate to branding people who wear Tapout clothing as sad wannabe toughmen. It is quite different.

I will leave you to your life Mr Loverman as I feel that anyone who searches through someones posts for some ammunition in a pathetic arguement isn't worth talking to. Good day.

LOL

You said you don't judge people by their appearance, yet one hour ago you're on boards saying people who squint while reading annoy you.

If this is going way over your head, that's grand, but you're not doing a very good job of convincing me you're some sort of Jesus character who never judges people.

Btw you're misunderstanding my point if you think the issue I have is with a brand. It's not. The issue I have is the mentality of the person who struts around in their tapout shirts.

Tapout is a brand, ergo you have a problem with that brand.
    LOL

You said you don't judge people by their appearance, yet one hour ago you're on boards saying people who squint while reading annoy you.

The squinting of someones eyes while they read something has nothing to do with their appearance.
    If this is going way over your head, that's grand, but you're not doing a very good job of convincing me you're some sort of Jesus character who never judges people.

You really are starting to look pathetic. I don't ever recall me trying to convince you of anything.

I live in Tallaght and I see it all the time.

It's not Tapout making them think they're hard, It's because they're from Tallaght :rolleyes:

@Minstrel:

I'm just using tapout as an example. It could be any MMA t-shirt. You're completely missing my point if you think my issue is specific to a brand.

Having an issue with someone because they squint is definitely making a judgement about their physical appearance.

I think the issue here is you don't really understand what either of us (me or you) are talking about.

Me so stoopid, you so clever.

There you go, enjoy your "victory" and condescending ways :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Me so stoopid, you so clever.

There you go, enjoy your "victory" and condescending ways :rolleyes:

I'm not being condescending, I'm just being honest. Deep down you know you judge people too. We all do. I just happen to have said something which has hit a nerve (which is to be expected really, this is the MMA forum).

Fact of the matter is a lot of people (I'd say the majority of people, if they've heard of MMA) think like me regarding MMA shirts.

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Maybe so, but most people I know judge people by their personality, not their clothes..
    Ever heard the saying "Never judge a book by it's cover." ? ;)

lads i aint condescending anyone here , im just going off my personal experiences and what people have acted like around me and the way people talk about mma etc and training when they wear affliction etc

i understand both points ,and both points are good aswell :) i personally dont know what it is with the mma gear , if i see someone someone whering them, i dont judge but some part of me think they are twat wearing them , like about an hour ago in the centre i seen a skinny scranny nerd looking guy wearing a tapout t shirt with huge print walking around with an angry face with ear phones in his ears,(probly listening to metal or something:P) thats the kind of sh*t im talking about, those kind of twats !!!

A V A wrote: »
    like about an hour ago in the centre i seen a skinny scranny nerd looking guy wearing a tapout t shirt with huge print walking around with an angry face with ear phones in his ears,(probly listening to metal or something:P) thats the kind of sh*t im talking about, those kind of twats !!!

Isn't Dustin Hazelett a skinny scrawny nerd? :p I agree with some of the posts, I've found that talking to the person wearing the t shirt for 10 seconds shows you what kind of person they are, some are super-nice while some others think they're hard-men, a bit like men wearing pink t-shirts :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Joel Careful Children

You "force" your GF to watch UFC, she allows herself to be forced into it - then called other's "Sad bastards" - there's something very wrong with that picture right there!.

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Isn't Dustin Hazelett a skinny scrawny nerd? :p I agree with some of the posts, I've found that talking to the person wearing the t shirt for 10 seconds shows you what kind of person they are, some are super-nice while some others think they're hard-men, a bit like men wearing pink t-shirts :rolleyes:

ye i know that :P but you would know just looking at this chap ye know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭DB888

@MrLoverman...So if people wear Tapout,they are now known commonly as ''sad bas***ds''??
    I myself personally think that is one of the the most ignorant opinion's I have heard..At least have an educated opinion..As you said you sometimes have to force your girlfriend to watch UFC..Obviously she is not that much of a fan the sport so her opinion is not really mattered yet it is known as a common opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The problem is that all MMA fans are pricks, it's just that they're easily identifiable when wearing a Tapout t-shirt :pac:

DB888 wrote: »
    @MrLoverman...So if people wear Tapout,they are now known commonly as ''sad bas***ds''??

I believe the average person would think they are. Come on, you already know the average person thinks MMA is for thugs. What I'm saying shouldn't be blowing your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Thead has dealt with OP's question and also gone way off topic also!!!

Closed..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement