Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dewalt planer thicknesser problems

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

kadman wrote: »
    Looks like you have good micro adjustment on the out feed table there. Maybe the infeed table is static, so you bring that up to zero, and micro adjust the out feed table to suit.

As you are based in galway , bring it to the de walt technicians to re align. If its still giving you problems after, I,ll have a look at it for you, but It would be the end of next week.

kadman

Sound thats no problem. I'm heading into galway in the next few minutes so I'l bring the planer with me and drop it into the Dewalt service agents and get them to realign the tables.

I'll let you know how I fair out with them.. Thanks for all your advice and suggestions on this subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭ennisa

Let us know how you get on GalwayDude. Is there a charge for the realignment?

I will do.ya there be a charge to re align the tables.they even charged me€20jus to leave it in to be fixed!
    Im not holdin much faith in them fixing it correctly caus when i told them wit i wanted done them they looked at me like i had10heads!
    I told them i wanted the tables parallel to the cutter block! Got a look off them like what i asked them to do was complete madness' will wait and see what happens now

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I will do.ya there be a charge to re align the tables.they even charged me€20jus to leave it in to be fixed!
    Im not holdin much faith in them fixing it correctly caus when i told them wit i wanted done them they looked at me like i had10heads!
    I told them i wanted the tables parallel to the cutter block! Got a look off them like what i asked them to do was complete madness' will wait and see what happens now

Thats what you get for using big words like " parallel amd cutterblock.":D

Best option is to get them to plane a piece of timber in your presence exactly the way you expect it to perform. Bring 2 pieces of timber with you, so that they dont have any excuse.

kadman

kadman wrote: »
    Thats what you get for using big words like " parallel amd cutterblock.":D
    Ha jesus thats so funny.ya made me nearly fall off the chair there but your right.ya man probably hadnt a clue what i was telling him i wanted done never mind what big words like 'parallel and cutter block' is!
    God nos what genius way they will set the planer blades?!
    Will wait4my txt message to tell me its "fixed" and how much they expect me to saw them for something im not expecting will be done correctly after my conversation wit the service technician today!

• Advertisement

tell them you want the tables to be coplanar and see what comes out their ears!

There brains would go into over drive&steam would come out i reckon!:p

Just an update to let ye know that i got a txt message from the service agents telling me the planer is fixed&that it cost€36.68+vat. I hope to the the chance to collect it by saturday&will b bringing two planks with me to make sure the job is done correctly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 redrider22

Hi, can anyone help me locate a new motor for my Appolo 800 HVLP turbine unit.
    Thanks,

In fairness I think that may not be a bad price. Assuming that it is working to your satisfaction that is.

• Advertisement

Well everyone I finally got a chance to collect the planer from repair. The workshop was closed so i took the chance and paid the€40 to have it repaired.
    I surface planed timber on it today and its still not perfect.its a lot better than it was but the biggest problem that they left me with is when i zero the infeed table with the outfeed table the cutter block wont turn around! Its no use to me that way so i will be ringing them tomorrow demanding they either correct the problems or refund my money and I will get someone else to fix it correctly!

I bought the planer back in this morning to get fixed. I spoke to the man in the workshop showed him the problems that remained after they fixed it! I even bought2pieces of timber with me to show them the gap that still exists. I made it very clear that i wont accept the gap that i wont be spending time fillin gaps with filler when glueing up panels&that it needs to be aligned perfectly. I left the two pieces of timber with them so they can test it themselves.

Well guys great news! I collected the planer this afternoon. I surfaced planed two planks on their edge and there wasn't any gaps! Wooooo hooooo:D:D I'm soooo soooo happy its fixed correctly now!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Have read this thread with interest: hats off to kadman for '.. above and beyond' and to the Op for perseverance.

Am on route with the attached:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Well guys great news! I collected the planer this afternoon. I surfaced planed two planks on their edge and there wasn't any gaps! Wooooo hooooo:D:D I'm soooo soooo happy its fixed correctly now!:D:D:D

Good stuff:D Sounds like you are good to go now.

Carlow52 will be landing soon with his bale of timber, so get cracking:D:D

kadman

Bring it on carlow! Shes waitin to be put to full use now:D
    Kadman ur an absolute legend! Ur advice was above&beyond. Maybe if I had that steel edge my efforts would have worked better but least I have a good result now.:D
    Im goin to double check the planer knives are correctly set in the block tomorrow and all should be good to rock and roll then!:D

Huzzah!

Advertisement