Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Brooding Corner

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'm late for college. I don't have my assignment done because the question was so feckin ambiguous that i actually sat staring at a blank document for hours yesterday trying to think of something to write. But nothing! I have an exam that i'm screwed for. Two extra lessons that I haven't done enough practice for. And when i go home today i have a tonne of laundry and cleaning to do. Grr.

Wait, I thought you were a teacher?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I teach music lessons two nights a week. I study music in college. I'm currently freaking out about everything and regretting my choice and convincing myself I'm going to fail...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Me hate humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I teach music lessons two nights a week. I study music in college. I'm currently freaking out about everything and regretting my choice and convincing myself I'm going to fail...

youll be fine m'dear, trust me! i've been stressed to fcuk recently but actually handed in my thesis to be bound today :eek: believe you me, there is a light at the end of the tunnel....:D

D'oh I remember talking to you about your music degree a few days ago. Sorry my mind was mush in its' groggy state this morning!
    Me hate humanity.

What's wrong with ye wolf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

*rant*

Assignment, 2000/4000-5000 words done.
    Due in tomorrow. Worth 100%.
    >_< :( :mad: :o

I wanna go out and play!

*end rant*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jonsb22

try 984 words of a 10,000 word final year project. . . .checkmate

Jonsb22 wrote: »
    try 984 words of a 10,000 word final year project. . . .checkmate

whens that due?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jonsb22

I think next friday

I think next friday

i dont wanna sound negative but: HOLY MOTHER OF GOD ARE YOU SERIOUS!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I think next friday

*hats off*

Checkmate indeed!

Good luck, it's more doable than you can imagine ;) (Been there, done that :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

arrrgh, was out surfing yesterday, catching some pretty sweet waves too, and suddnely hurt my shoulder... old injury (rockclimbing, lost my grip, ended up all my body weight suddenly swinging onto one shoulder)... but it's still not right today... im *just* starting to get good at this surfing dealio. want more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

arrrgh, was out surfing yesterday, catching some pretty sweet waves too, and suddnely hurt my shoulder... old injury (rockclimbing, lost my grip, ended up all my body weight suddenly swinging onto one shoulder)... but it's still not right today... im *just* starting to get good at this surfing dealio. want more :(

Well for the love of fúck let it heal, the amount of people I know with old rugby injuries etc still niggling away is unreal.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My hand just cramped up from writing while studying. I've been studying since 1pm with 1 hour break for dinner for this exam I have tomorrow in a subject I *hate*.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Me hate humanity.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 81,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I just got scammed for 58 dollars.

I don't wanna talk about it.

Well for the love of fúck let it heal, the amount of people I know with old rugby injuries etc still niggling away is unreal.

i don't think it's the 'healing' kind. im just gonna let it sink into the back of my mind a bit more. i've given surfing a skip for today,a dn more vigorous warm ups shall be done in future.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

LZ5by5 wrote: »

What's wrong with ye wolf?
    I discovered that some fcukers are planning to exterminate wolves using helicopters, spotter planes, high-powered rifles, traps, and best of all poison gas. Do you see now why I hate humanity at this time.

i don't think it's the 'healing' kind. im just gonna let it sink into the back of my mind a bit more. i've given surfing a skip for today,a dn more vigorous warm ups shall be done in future.

Those injuries heal eventually, It just takes years. :(

I discovered that some fcukers are planning to exterminate wolves using helicopters, spotter planes, high-powered rifles, traps, and best of all poison gas. Do you see now why I hate humanity at this time.

I feel like such a fool for ever doubting you. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I hate when people say 'you will get a call back next week' and when you don't and you ring someone else goes 'oh it's normally two weeks before you get a call'.
    waiting lists = teh ghey

star-pants wrote: »
    I hate when people say 'you will get a call back next week' and when you don't and you ring someone else goes 'oh it's normally two weeks before you get a call'.
    waiting lists = teh ghey

The amount of times I've been told I'd get a call back but didn't...
    Heck Im waiting on two now. One was due before yesterday. I dont think its coming.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Those injuries heal eventually, It just takes years. :(

well, im not waiting years.

I have the worst lecturer ever, seriously, I've had lecturers who don't even use visual aids that are better than her. First of all, she speaks incoherently; it's impossible to follow what she is saying. Secondly, her handouts and all round organisational skills are a mess. Thirdly, she sets us an essay worth 60% where we are meant to keep the topic relevant to Ireland, yet basically all of her suggested readings are British. Fourthly, she doesn't reply to e-mails. And fifthly, she's like a lecturer from the bloody victorian age, she feels it is important that students keep away from their "superiors". She's an absolute disaster and it will be a miracle if a pass her class. Trust this trainwreck to derail my positive thoughts after giving a kick ass presentation in a separate class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

i got my wages for the month.. piece of piss

:(:( i know i should be happy to still have 3 days a week, but the wages are ****, and i be basically making the same amount of money to be on the dole full time..
    Just paid out 3 grand to the dentist, and this wages is going on it to . so baiscally like on air for the next month , until i get another pisstake of a payslip.... and if the people in work keep staring at me right about now, saying it not all that bad, then im going to walk out the door... alright for them cause with there 3 days plue dole there still earning more than what i was earning when i was working full time

AHHHHHHH [/rant over]

if it makes you feel any better, emo, i work 3 days a week and my fella's on benefit...

and he makes about $20 a week more than me. :|

I'm fed up being single.

Sean will sleep now.

Good night Galva. My girlfriend is working right now while I'm off and is off when I have to work. That sucks like a hoover. We only see each other once or twice a week and that's usually so she can drag me to the gym for a workout.

Good night Galva. My girlfriend is working right now while I'm off and is off when I have to work. That sucks like a hoover. We only see each other once or twice a week and that's usually so she can drag me to the gym for a workout.

o_0

Sounds awesome.

• Advertisement

I meant workout as in weights and calisthenics type activities. When she's feeling really funny she throws me in a boxing ring with her father to go ten rounds. For a 60+ year old man he hits like a tank.

Advertisement