Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FF Voters - Please apologise here.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

I didn't vote. But I would have considered voting for FF. I'm very sorry. TBH, I dont trust any of the other parties either. How do we know they'd be any better? It's very easy for them to blame the government from the sidelines. Hurler on the ditch an' all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

I'm sorry I didn't vote FF. I really wanted to apologise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

like anyone else is any better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Tigger wrote: »
    like anyone else is any better

You'll never know until you give them a chance. We're like a patient in a hospital on life support stabbing ourselves with a knife repeatedly.

Maybe we should stop stabbing ourselves?

Incidentally, I didn't vote for the greedy pigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Sorry!

However imagine if kenny was in charge. He was calling for much more give aways at the last budget and yet he says FF squandered everything.

It is a very underhand budget though. that 1% levy is really dirty.
    They would have had to raise the tax bands a few % to gain as much as this levy gives them. People wouldnt accept a big percentage gain in their tax band so this is very sneaky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

when is the next election?? 3 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I didn't vote FF but i will apologise for voting Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I can't vote, so I'll not apologise this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

Oh F off, FG are worse. I realise that it is their job to whinge about the current government but they could at lease propose alternatives with their constant whinges.

Yes we are in a recession. Regardless of our over reliance on the construction industry, there is a global crisis ongoing, we are not the only country going through a rough time.

I would still vote FF. They will guide us out of this. Kenny couldnt punch his way out of a wet paper bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I think Kenny is the man for the job.

Anyone who spends as much time as him pointing out other politicians flaws, must be flawless himself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Wonder will the current government run its full course though.

Wheres the unions in all this.Surely a 1 or 2 day stoppage by all PAYE workers would make Mr Lenihan reverse some of his ridiculous "taxes"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Richard Boyd Barret instead anyone?

No? Didn't think so...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm not going to apologize. Pretty much what we could have expected and I don't think any of the other parties would have done any better

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I think so. However I'm sure if enough of us cause a big enough fuss about having new ones they might listen*

*may not actually happen

Richard Boyd Barret instead anyone?

No? Didn't think so...

His motto is "SAY NO! TO PROGRESS"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Well I ticked all the way down to 13 and voted McDowell there to ensure my vote worked against him as much as it could.

Sorry guys but getting rid of him was the best I could do by myself. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

No appologies from me.
    If there was an election tommorow i'd vote FF again. At the moment there is no real alternative.

FG are full of crap, as was already said attacking the last budget for being to mean now saying it was too short sighted? Enda gives the impression he hasnt a clue either.
    Labour maybe but they have no noteable presence in my electoral area so it would be a waste.
    Greens would be the ruining of the country with all their stupid green taxes. They shouldnt be there at the monute.
    Sin fein are a bunch of ejits who will say anything to get a vote, they have no substance to any argument whatsoever.

OP who did you vote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭recycle

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'm not going to apologize. Pretty much what we could have expected and I don't think any of the other parties would have done any better

You probably shouldnt think as much so.

I'll apoligise on your behalf, and on behalf of all those bigger morons who were eligible to vote but didnt bother because of their 'what difference will it make attitude'....

For all of them I am truly sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Lol.
    Blame ff for world recession.

this country is full of gobshytes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 rainbowchild

There's got to be a way to call a general election... especially since the public haven't signed off on Cowen

• Advertisement

snyper wrote: »
    Lol.

Nah I think it's the budget people are giving out about tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

What difference would it make ? I can hadly imagine FG somehow fixing a global recession. I can definitely imagine labour not making it better, they are against the banking guarantee. What should we do eamon ?!? oh thats right stuff our money in the mattress. Tax increases were enviable, the only regret I have is that the greens got in, and now we are going to have to suffer a new stupid tax every budget, hurray for car park tax ! Maybe I can use my bike to get to work 30km away on crappy country roads where I`ll get flattened by somebody in a prius.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Frisbee wrote: »

Well I dont reckon that FG would have used 1.65 Billion of taxpayers money to bail out their builder buddies.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

seclachi wrote: »
    hurray for car park tax ! Maybe I can use my bike to get to work 30km away on crappy country roads where I`ll get flattened by somebody in a prius.

I dont fancy a 30km cycle from Maynooth to Dublin either.Fupping hippies ruining everything!!!!!!

gazzer wrote: »
    Well I dont reckon that FG would have used 1.65 Billion of taxpayers money to bail out their builder buddies.

But possibly the farmers. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

snyper wrote: »
    Lol.

No just the Irish recession.

There's got to be a way to call a general election... especially since the public haven't signed off on Cowen

Unfortunately I cant give personal abuse or I will be banned.

:rolleyes: What we need to do now, at a critical time in our economy when we have taken measures to prevent its further decline is to get rid of our current government and throw in that spanner Kenny. A man with the leadership skills of a jar of marmite.

While were at it, lets get Joe O Shea in to stand beside him, sure he was great on that Seoige and O'Shea program.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I'm personally hoping Libertas puts up a few canidates.

God know FF is useless, FG is useless in opposition and the Greens are the worst - they have sold their soul out completely.

I am NEVER voting for any of the last three ever again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I'm delighted FF and the Greens are in power at this stage, they are there to preside over countries downfall after many years of corruption and leeching the economy. We are all now seeing where an unrestrained FF government will get us. :(

As for the greens, all they do is cost taxpayers more money with no return :mad:

• Advertisement

engrish? wrote: »

A man with the leadership skills of a jar of marmite.

And how would you describe Mr Cowens leadership skills??Id gladly take anyone over over FF now.I reckon a trained monkey could do a better job than that lot.

Advertisement