Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tesco massaman paste

• 31-03-2014 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

hi has anyone used this paste ?
    do i need to add ginger lime zest / juice/ onion. do intend to fry off paste then add tin coconut milk,meat, pototoe
    i ve peeled back the label for instuctions but instructions tore off, now illegible...
    help appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭squonk

I always add some onion, ginger, carlic and a bit of chilli of my own to make the curry a bit nicer.

For Massaman, I'd add some chopped potatoes as well as coconut milk also. I wouldn't go too mad with the lime as I don't think Masaman really uses this but if you like it then go for it OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 solataire

thanks
    i cooked it with pototoes , beef, and lime in slow cooker. next time will add garlic and chilli for a kick..
    you re right about the lime will leave it out next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I made this last week with onions, potatoes, garlic, chicken and red peppers. I thought the peppers added a nice sweetness.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i usually use the thai gold massaman paste. tried the tesco one last week, but it's definitely not as nice. okay though, but i'll be going back to the thai gold one next time.

Advertisement