Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Engineering Project 2014 - Do NOT post images of exam material

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BrianoBrains

Is there anybody else doing it through irish. If so we can compare portfolios

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ire675

anyone have any clues on ow long the brief should be my teacher says 15-20 but i had a look in the introduction in my exam papers and it says approximately 45

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Method Of Steering

I used a rack and pinion and with a bit of engineering magic I made it work even though the wheels had no front axel

Rear Wheeled Propulsion

Chain and sprocket, simple as.

Automated Door

Using a servo motor to open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rebels_cork

what are ye all using for the automatic door...having a lot of problems coming up with a solution for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Deadline friday anyone finished?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 killardkaiser

Nearly finished, little bits to do still
    Mod edit : Do NOT post pictures of exam material

How does it steer?

I've only made models so far :/
    Mod edit: Do NOT post pictures of exam material
    And the drive is a clink clunk gearbox. They all work perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nicke011

I'm done, what you think? :)

Mod edit - DO NOT post pictures of exam material.

@BrianoBrains what you mean you only made a models so far? When are you going to make an actual Tumbler, so?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Have 2 days to do the whole portfolio woohoo!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 TheAdammaka

voodosheeb wrote: »
    anyone know if using a brushless motor and ESC, along with a reviver for radio control , if this would go against the brief and result in my project not getting full marks?
    I've built mine with the diff and transmission from a mini e-revo. I'm just going to drop in a ****ty dc motor and crappy gears before the lc. I don't see how what I've done is breaking the rules, but not worth the risk.

Made a balls of my body, I put way too much isopond on it and its all big and bulky, gonna have to spend hours sanding it all down, will i lose marks for putting a lair of isopond over the body?

Is isopond some sort of adhesive?

its like a big fiber glass filler on the outside

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dazzer2

HEY , i've done a mould for my tumbler but im completely stuck on an idea for the automatic door any have any ideas ? :/

Advertisement