Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hardwareversand.de delivery time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lukasbolander

I transferred the money on Sunday, they got the money on Tuesday, they shipped it and I got it on Friday. Pretty good I think.

I ordered Windows from software4students on Tuesday and it hasn't arrived yet so I can't even use the PC lol

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

I transferred the money on Sunday, they got the money on Tuesday, they shipped it and I got it on Friday. Pretty good I think.

I ordered Windows from software4students on Tuesday and it hasn't arrived yet so I can't even use the PC lol

ordered mine tuesday. sent money wednesday via boi online andjust got email this morning to say they have my payment. hopefully have my stuff mid to late next week...fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Download a windows iso and install from there. You can get your 90 day trial and then activate when you get your license key

Also, I was thinking about going into the bank today to make sure the money had gone through, but I think I'll just leave it, and see what has happened by Monday. If my order is cancelled and then my money goes through I hope they send it back right away. Wouldn't mind being able to change my order though, I can get better ram cheaper elsewhere since ordering. Them cancelling my order could lose them the guts of 300 quid when I re-order. Not my problem though :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Did anyone have their shipments arrive in parts? I got the screen and case today but none of the other components. Did this happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lukasbolander

Download a windows iso and install from there. You can get your 90 day trial and then activate when you get your license key

Also, I was thinking about going into the bank today to make sure the money had gone through, but I think I'll just leave it, and see what has happened by Monday. If my order is cancelled and then my money goes through I hope they send it back right away. Wouldn't mind being able to change my order though, I can get better ram cheaper elsewhere since ordering. Them cancelling my order could lose them the guts of 300 quid when I re-order. Not my problem though :D.

How do I get the Windows ISo, do I have to download it on my laptop and put it on a disc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Sols12

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I ordered from Hardwareversand on the 17th of June and one of the items in my order the case said it had a 7 day wait for shipping while everything else was in stock, I ordered it anyway as I specifically want this certain case.

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/Desktop/43464/Silverstone+SST-ML03B+Milo+Desktop+-+black.article

I placed the order and paid €730 via paypal despite the higher fees as the last time I "wired" money to Germany the whole thing was a disaster and it took the receipient three weeks to receive the funds thanks to BOI making a mess of it. Needless to say I picked Paypal due to it being quicker and the security element of it.

Last Sunday I got an email from Hardwareversand,
    Dear Sir (s),
    Thank you for your order with hardwareversand.de .

Your Order Code: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    The manufacturer did not communicate to the expected date for delivery of the ordered article (HV203SVUDE) SilverStone Milo ML03 - desktop. We will deliver the article immediately after arrival.

If you want to receive article on alternative or cancel your order, please send us an email to shortlist.
    When I ordered it said a 7 day wait and this is their bloody problem not mine, the same case is available from other suppliers but it is €25 more expensive. As far as I'm concerned Hardwareversand should buy it from elsewhere and ship it to me if their supplier can't get them the part on time.

I have heard nothing since from them and wouldn't so much mind if they said OK we will get your stuff to you by the middle of July or whatever so I'd know where I stand.

Not a happy hardwareversand camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭mada999

Hi lads,

I ordered stuff on hardwareversand.de, do you get an email stating that the parts have left for delivery ?

Thanks,

mada

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

mada999 wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I ordered stuff on hardwareversand.de, do you get an email stating that the parts have left for delivery ?

Thanks,

mada

Not sure about email, but there's an update when each process is complete on your page on the website (payment accepted, goods ready to be shipped, goods left for shipping, goods arrived etc). When UPS take the delivery from them you'll find a tracking code on HWVS's website to use on UPS's website.

It takes about 3 days from when the goods leave HWVS.

cheers Gumbi!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭bladesofglory

Gumbi wrote: »
    Not sure about email, but there's an update when each process is complete on your page on the website (payment accepted, goods ready to be shipped, goods left for shipping, goods arrived etc). When UPS take the delivery from them you'll find a tracking code on HWVS's website to use on UPS's website.

It takes about 3 days from when the goods leave HWVS.

My advice, Order from Scan/overclockers 2 days delivery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

My advice, Order from Scan/overclockers 2 days delivery :)

My advice, order from a site that deals in euros based in a country with a lower VAT rate such as Germany and wait the extra couple of days for delivery :pac:

Danger781 wrote: »
    My advice, order from a site that deals in euros based in a country with a lower VAT rate such as Germany and wait the extra couple of days for delivery :pac:

Course he has a point, 1 percent vat diff. Could potentially save you thousands:rolleyes:

On a build that's a couple of hundred euros!!!

Course he has a point, 1 percent vat diff. Could potentially:rolleyes: save you thousands

On a build that's a couple of hundred euros!!!

Well the combination of the reduced VAT rate and the currency conversion charges of going £ to € could potentially save you some amount of money anyway.. not important for some people I guess :pac:

Well the combination of the reduced VAT rate and the currency conversion charges of going £ to € could potentially save you some amount of money anyway.. not important for some people I guess :pac:

Yes you have a point, but I believe when it under a threshold the difference will be minimal based on the fact its only a small number

Yes you have a point, but I believe when it under a threshold the difference will be minimal based on the fact its only a small number

Every little helps ;)

Every little helps ;)

True, Financial Adviser

any good US hardware websites and has anyone experience with them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

^newegg.com and ncix.com are the two you hear all the time for US stores.

Always compare the prices. Hardwareversand isn't always the cheapest and you need to add the €30 delivery rate to your order. For the upgrade I'm going to order now scan.co.uk is cheaper than hardwareversand and has all the bits in stock. I've also found scan.co.uk easier to deal with if you need to call them up for any reason.

^newegg.com and ncix.com are the two you hear all the time for US stores.

Always compare the prices. Hardwareversand isn't always the cheapest and you need to add the €30 delivery rate to your order. For the upgrade I'm going to order now scan.co.uk is cheaper than hardwareversand and has all the bits in stock. I've also found scan.co.uk easier to deal with if you need to call them up for any reason.

Totally agree with you

• Advertisement

Show me where Scan is cheaper? It would be interesting to see.

It's actually 19 euro shipping.

I actually ordered nothing from hardwareversand at all in my build.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Show me where Scan is cheaper? It would be interesting to see.

It's actually 19 euro shipping.

Ok the prices are about the same or scan is about €2-5 more expensive. Scan is charging £10 for shipping and says it'll deliver the stuff in 2 days.

So I suppose I'm paying about €10 more on my order (excluding shipping costs) than if I'ld order from hardwareversand but I'll get my order much quicker.

I did order my PC from hardwareversand and although it was cheap to order, it did take 1 week to come. Although I do remember the shipping being €30 for my order. Maybe it was because I was ordering a full PC so there were lots of bits.

What I'll say is if you're buying a full PC or lots of stuff, then ordering from hardwareversand will save you a good amount of money. If you're only buying 2-3 upgrades then the savings at hardwareversand might not be too great and you'll get it faster from scan or another website.

Ok the prices are about the same or scan is about €2-5 more expensive. Scan is charging £10 for shipping and says it'll deliver the stuff in 2 days.

So I suppose I'm paying about €10 more on my order (excluding shipping costs) than if I'ld order from hardwareversand but I'll get my order much quicker.

I did order my PC from hardwareversand and although it was cheap to order, it did take 1 week to come. Although I do remember the shipping being €30 for my order. Maybe it was because I was ordering a full PC so there were lots of bits.

What I'll say is if you're buying a full PC or lots of stuff, then ordering from hardwareversand will save you a good amount of money. If you're only buying 2-3 upgrades then the savings at hardwareversand might not be too great and you'll get it faster from scan or another website.
    Right. Excluding shipping (which is negligible on large orders), HWVS is always quite a bit cheaper.

HWVS used to use DHL, who charged 30 quid for delivery; they have used UPS, who charge 19 euro for the past, at least year and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

There is no way scan is cheaper at all. Amazon maybe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I actually ordered nothing from hardwareversand at all in my build.. :P

Who did you order off so?

Who did you order off so?

I myself ordered everything from Scan/ aqua-tuning and over-clockers

Great service and extremely fast delivery

I myself ordered everything from Scan/ aqua-tuning and over-clockers

Great service and extremely fast delivery

More expensive though :) Good luck with build btw, how's it coming along?

More expensive though :) Good luck with build btw, how's it coming along?

Thanks mate, Everything is going great, getting my water-cooling tomorrow then Ill have all my parts. Start the build Friday night , post pics Saturday

wondering shud I use Win 8 or win 7 for OS, what do you think?? or use both in duel boot?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Has anyone ordered off of HW And payed for them to build it but it didn't work when it came?

Advertisement