Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bug Reports for the new Boards.ie Skin

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭Lockedout

How do I check my operating sys? I know its a simple thing? Anyway Im happy enough with my new identity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

I've just deployed a change to our XHR client that may have fixed the issue some people have been having with My Forums not loading correctly. It's hard to be sure since it was difficult to reproduce anyway so if you could all clear your caches, log out and back in again and let me know if it's still occurring that would be much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I've just deployed a change to our XHR client that may have fixed the issue some people have been having with My Forums not loading correctly. It's hard to be sure since it was difficult to reproduce anyway so if you could all clear your caches, log out and back in again and let me know if it's still occurring that would be much appreciated.

Still not working on Chrome 20.0.1132.57 and Safari 6, OSX Mountain Lion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Open Chrome. Press F12 to bring up Developer Tools. Go to the Console Tab. Type the following in the console (where the blue > is) and hit enter.
    Boards.Menu.refreshFollowed();

Report back any errors that appear. Check your My Forums is rendered, or not as the case may be.

If not, click the Resources tab. Then Local Storage (or session storage if you don't click Remember Me when you log in to Boards), then in one of the possibly many keys titled www.boards.ie you should see some data with the key titled /user/followedforums - please paste the data here, or if you consider it sensitive drop us a PM :)

Danny

Open Chrome. Press F12 to bring up Developer Tools. Go to the Console Tab. Type the following in the console (where the blue > is) and hit enter.
    Boards.Menu.refreshFollowed();

Report back any errors that appear. Check your My Forums is rendered, or not as the case may be.

If not, click the Resources tab. Then Local Storage (or session storage if you don't click Remember Me when you log in to Boards), then in one of the possibly many keys titled www.boards.ie you should see some data with the key titled /user/followedforums - please paste the data here, or if you consider it sensitive drop us a PM :)

Danny

ScreenShot2012-07-27at171844.png

• Advertisement

You click Remember Me when you logged in?

Either way, go to the console and type Boards.Client.clearStorage(); and refresh the page, let us know if it's still an issue.

You click Remember Me when you logged in?

Either way, go to the console and type Boards.Client.clearStorage(); and refresh the page, let us know if it's still an issue.

Nope, LastPass logs me in.

Seems to be ok now anyways, thanks.

Edit- Nope, gone again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

The 'unfollow' button at the top of threads is not working with the ipad at the moment, however i can go in through my notifications to unfollow a thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Having the same issue as Keith with the My Forums no loading. Happens quite regularly. Using Chrome.

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Having the same issue as Keith with the My Forums no loading. Happens quite regularly. Using Chrome.

Can you follow the same steps as I gave KeithM89 and post your own screenshots, we might be able to identify a pattern :)

Danny

• Advertisement

Can you follow the same steps as I gave KeithM89 and post your own screenshots, we might be able to identify a pattern :)

Danny

Loading fine now but I'll go through it just in case.

When I put the first bit into the console it comes back as undefined. Couple of reference errors up there already. _gat is not defined and COMSCORE is not defined.
    {"expires":1343642218798,"data":[{"forumid":"7","title":"After Hours","lastpost":"1343642200","cancontainthreads":"1","unread":"1","fingerprint":"90e13ff6000c46b1d0b76365cd6ca90a"},{"forumid":"838","title":"Cool Vids & Pics & Links","lastpost":"1343642027","cancontainthreads":"1","unread":"1","fingerprint":"fa813f6536c5a5aea87dc311df3f6b3a"},{"forumid":"252","title":"Health & Fitness","lastpost":"1343641969","cancontainthreads":"1","unread":"1","fingerprint":"21bfcf4ee99f69246b95d40811c1a78a"},{"forumid":"1373","title":"Motivation and personal Development","lastpost":"1343631170","cancontainthreads":"1","unread":"0","fingerprint":"4be32ec3d73a8c841bd507ee282dfb75"},{"forumid":"982","title":"Nutrition & Diet","lastpost":"1343639513","cancontainthreads":"1","unread":"1","fingerprint":"4821347ba6c568473aee29df89939d58"},{"forumid":"99","title":"Politics","lastpost":"1343641225","cancontainthreads":"1","unread":"1","fingerprint":"ea7698cc355787d1d088f41aa0c0f714"},{"forumid":"388","title":"Rugby","lastpost":"1343642122","cancontainthreads":"1","unread":"1","fingerprint":"3ea885f12b4f6b494866bb37500b9a78"}]}

Thats what the second bit shows, looks like jibberish to me.

Edit: I am running Ghostery btw and google-analitics is blcoked.

Not loading now and getting this from the resource thing.
    {"expires":1343644042183,"data":"fetching"}

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Not loading now and getting this from the resource thing.
    {"expires":1343644042183,"data":"fetching"}

When you refresh the page, any key with "Fetching" is meant to be cleared and the data is meant to be retrieved from the server. Next time fetching appears, reload the page and have another look for me - see if the expires time has changed if the data still says fetching

Danny

When you refresh the page, any key with "Fetching" is meant to be cleared and the data is meant to be retrieved from the server. Next time fetching appears, reload the page and have another look for me - see if the expires time has changed if the data still says fetching

Danny

Just happened there again and reloading the page or switching pages didnt change the expires time (if that number is the expires time).

{"expires":1343658228658,"data":"fetching"}

^ Remained the same on all pages while refreshing. It only changed when I opened a page in another tab. That worked in the new tab but didnt affect the original tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Type: Bug
    Issue: The drop-down Notifications menu isn't working for me. I have no notifications and the drop-down menu tells me "Followed Threads: 0" but when I click into subscriptions, I actually have 4 new followed threads. Yesterday, I had no notifications at all and then suddenly 10 notifications popped up at once (even though some of them were threads that haven't been posted in for days).
    OS & Browser: Windows 7, IE 7

Also, Prison has disappeared from the Sys drop-down menu.

(Hope I'm explaining this properly...)

EDIT: Attached a screen-cap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Some fixes have been deployed for our JSON API client, it should improve the issues some people have been having with My Forums not loading correctly or getting stuck in a loading state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

The sticky header, I have it off but it still randomly sticks every now and then.

I do have to go into Appearance and turn it on then off to get rid of it.

Firefox 13, windows 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I'm using the old skin, but if I click on Username and then "View More Posts by Username", it shows up in the new skin. That's fine. But if I then change the "Arrange Posts by" drop-down menu to "Most Thanked", nothing changes.

Ficheall wrote: »
    I'm using the old skin, but if I click on Username and then "View More Posts by Username", it shows up in the new skin. That's fine. But if I then change the "Arrange Posts by" drop-down menu to "Most Thanked", nothing changes.

Please copy the URL you end up on when you click View More Posts by X and then copy the URL you receive after swapping the Order By to Most Thanked and drop them into a post here or a PM if you don't want to say publicly

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Hmm... it seems to be working now... though I tried it a few times earlier and it definitely didn't work.
    If it happens again I'll make a note of it!

Thanks for your help ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I can't log into m.boards.ie on my mobile anymore. After I log in the normal way (below)

It redirects to the standard boards.ie login authentication, which freezes my phone:

Can a mobile-friendly login be reinstated please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Okay, I haven't gone through the 100+ posts already made so apologies if this has been raised, probably has. when ever I scroll down and scroll back up, this happens the heading bar and I can't get it out of the way.

MOrTwl.png

Okay, I haven't gone through the 100+ posts already made so apologies if this has been raised, probably has. when ever I scroll down and scroll back up, this happens the heading bar and I can't get it out of the way.

MOrTwl.png

Looks like a Chrome bug to me - try using a different browser. Try updating Chrome. Try updating your Graphics Card drivers.

Dolbert wrote: »
    I can't log into m.boards.ie on my mobile anymore. After I log in the normal way (below)

Can a mobile-friendly login be reinstated please? :)

Ok, so this is resolved as best we can.

The login form at the end of every m.boards.ie page should now log you in and redirect you back to the mobile site. If you get the username or password wrong you'll land on the new login system. The same happens if you aren't logged in and click Quote on a post, you'll end up on the new login page.

There's not a lot that can be done about this, m.boards.ie is a legacy system built a long time ago that doesn't play well with the new stuff we're doing - so just remember to log in from a page first and get it right the first time and you'll be grand

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Faithfully Lost

JUMP TO POSTED

ASK ARE SURE WHEN U POST

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Issue: Not able to see avatars or sigs
    Browser & OS: Firefox 14.0.1 windows 7 home premium
    Screen Resolution: 1280*768

This only started happening this morning. Checked my control panel and show avatars and sigs is still turned on. I turned it off saved and turned it back on and saved and the problem is still there.
    It's not a major problem to me,just thought i'd let you know.

ken wrote: »
    Issue: Not able to see avatars or sigs
    Browser & OS: Firefox 14.0.1 windows 7 home premium
    Screen Resolution: 1280*768

This only started happening this morning. Checked my control panel and show avatars and sigs is still turned on. I turned it off saved and turned it back on and saved and the problem is still there.
    It's not a major problem to me,just thought i'd let you know.

We have had network issues throughout the day which will affect the attachments/avatar server

Right click on your avatar, click Open Image Location/Open Image in a new Tab/Copy Image Location & Paste it into the address bar.

If it comes back with a 503 let us know. I can see your avatar fine now by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

We have had network issues throughout the day which will affect the attachments/avatar server

Right click on your avatar, click Open Image Location/Open Image in a new Tab/Copy Image Location & Paste it into the address bar.

If it comes back with a 503 let us know. I can see your avatar fine now by the way
    It didn't come back 503. It showed a tiny image. I can see my avatar now too. Thanks Danny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

The "Jump to first unread post" doesn't seem to take account of the header when logged out. I usually browse logged out and when jumping to the middle of a thread, the header takes over the top portion of a post, as if it isn't taken account of.

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/536.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/20.0.1150.1 Iron/20.0.1150.1 Safari/536.11

I don't think it's unique to my computer as it also occurs on a college computer (where cookies and settings are reset on logging on to the computer). The college computer uses the latest version of Google Chrome.

Both computers run Windows 7 and I don't think resolution is part of it since both computers are different afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Ok, so this is resolved as best we can.

The login form at the end of every m.boards.ie page should now log you in and redirect you back to the mobile site. If you get the username or password wrong you'll land on the new login system. The same happens if you aren't logged in and click Quote on a post, you'll end up on the new login page.

There's not a lot that can be done about this, m.boards.ie is a legacy system built a long time ago that doesn't play well with the new stuff we're doing - so just remember to log in from a page first and get it right the first time and you'll be grand

Danny

Thanks Danny. Even though it's logging me in now, it actually redirects to the main boards.ie homepage. No biggie, I can go back into the mobile site from there but it doesn't seem to keep me logged in (even with ticking the box) and I have to log in every time I go back into Boards on my phone. Is there any way around this?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement