Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

US Sports Thread (NBA, NCAA, MBL, NHL, NFL, etc.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

kmart6 wrote: »
    Just stay away from it! Do you want a full explanation or can I leave it at that?!

Did under 154.5 already.

If in the unlikely chance you had to do a bet would that of been it?
    No need for write up thanks tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Just wouldn't bet on it at all! Did you see the first game between them?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Just wouldn't bet on it at all! Did you see the first game between them?!
    No ah I was just looking for something for a bet for the interest.
    god bad start 4-4 after about 1 minute

thanks for help anyway.

This is why I wouldn't bet on it...too unpredictable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭BQQ

Have to take on Charlotte bobcats again tonight.
    Brook Lopez has scored over 30 pts in both games since he returned from injury. Bobcats starting centre is likely to miss the game, so he'll probably get 30 more.

Nets (-4.5)

• Advertisement

Hope you don't wake up, see the headline of D-Will scoring 57, think happy days I got some money, and then look at the scoreline!

Hope you don't wake up, see the headline of D-Will scoring 57, think happy days I got some money, and then look at the scoreline!

That's exactly what happened. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Continuing the trend here, I'm going against the Bobcats tonight. Orlando -9.

They've lost by more than 8 points in 13 of their last 18 games and although they got closer than that against the (awful but not quite as awful) Nets the last time out, Orlando have beaten them by 21 and 7 this season and are in relatively good form.

Think ye may all lay off the Bobcats!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

Orlando Magic @ Chicago Bulls under 183.5 10/11

• Advertisement

Think ye may all lay off the Bobcats!

They lost by 9pts at home to the Nets last night. Nets were without Lopez and Deron Williams didn't play second half.

I'll continue to oppose them when good opportunities present themselves.

Bucks at Warriors tonight.

Deadline day trades show the respective mindsets of these two teams.
    Warriors traded their best player (Monta Ellis), promising rookie Kwame Brown and Ekpe Udoh to the Bucks for the injured Andrew Bogut and Stephen Jackson who they moved on to the spurs for Richard Jefferson.

Looks to me that the Bucks are making a push to try and make the playoffs, whereas the warriors have effectively thrown their hat at this season and are rebuilding.
    Warriors also have a protected draft pick that will go to Utah if it falls outside the top seven. Cue a tailspin that sees them retain the pick.

Bucks @5/6

Bucks win 120-98

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Kinda forgot about this thread!

Just the one bet in the NBA playoffs tonight, gone for Lakers and Unders in the Bulls game @ 2/1

Lakers have a very good record against Denver. I'm not entirely confident if they'll beat the -5 spread so have played it safe and hence why this is a double instead of my intended two singles. Previous games while in Lakers favour, the games have been tight.

Just only after finding out Derick Rose is out for the Bulls for the playoffs now after he injured himself! Who knows how Bulls will respond. No doubt they are better off with him than without.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Personally I went for the over in Bulls match and when they are playing against weaker opposition (like 76-ers, who quite sucks since All Star Game break) I don't think that they are weaker without Rose. But nevermind. Bet of the evening is in my opinion Celtics under 84.5 points - they scored 74 in their first game against Hawks and will have to play without Rondo tonight. They will have to play even slower than usual and/or they offense should be more easily be disrupted. Especially when Ray Allen won't come back as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

So maybe I was too optimistic regarding Rose-less Bulls after all :cool:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

-Ade- wrote: »
    Kinda forgot about this thread!

Just the one bet in the NBA playoffs tonight, gone for Lakers and Unders in the Bulls game @ 2/1

Lakers have a very good record against Denver. I'm not entirely confident if they'll beat the -5 spread so have played it safe and hence why this is a double instead of my intended two singles. Previous games while in Lakers favour, the games have been tight.

Just only after finding out Derick Rose is out for the Bulls for the playoffs now after he injured himself! Who knows how Bulls will respond. No doubt they are better off with him than without.

Lakers won.

Bulls defence was muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wiirdo

How good would you say the prices are for NBA in Paddy Power?

They have the best market prices at the moment for the two favourites tonight.

http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Seeing as most of my winning bets have been on stuff I don't fully understand, I have done this...

1dngt.jpg

I really don't understand America, although Australia makes a bit more sense.

This shall work out!

tinodz wrote: »
    Seeing as most of my winning bets have been on stuff I don't fully understand, I have done this...

1dngt.jpg

I really don't understand America, although Australia makes a bit more sense.

This shall work out!

What do you not understand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    What do you not understand?

If I was asked the exact rules of Baseball, Basketball or Aussie Rules, I would not be able to give an definite answer - which is why I do not usually bet on them. I know a decent bit, but I am not 100% on the intricate stuff.

The bet was a fail anyway, although I made a in the running bet on the Celtics when they were Evens which saved my fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

I dont follow basketball but would watch the odd big game.Ive been given a tip Boston Celtics to win the championship @16/1.
    I honestly dont have a clue how any team is playing atm but I guess Heat are favourites again this year.Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

I dont follow basketball but would watch the odd big game.Ive been given a tip Boston Celtics to win the championship @16/1.
    I honestly dont have a clue how any team is playing atm but I guess Heat are favourites again this year.Thoughts?

for me its Thunder or Spurs i'd say

I wouldn't back them with your money. No way are they good enough.
    Doubt they'll even get past philly.

Like the guy above said Spurs or thunder and maybe the Heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Haven't posted here in a while but thought I'd share my US tips if you're looking long term:

bet: Detroit Tigers to win AL Central (evens with PP...can't see the odds drop much more so time to get on board)

lay: Nationals in NL East (2.7ish with bf)

bet: Cardinals in NL Central (17/10, strong team a couple of form players away from being the best in the league)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Any early value in the NFL?

The Gameweek 1 lines are already up.

KC to win their division maybe. Haven't looked at their schedule yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

I like giants -4.0 (evens)
    Indy Bears over 43 (20/23) - still questioning if ill put this in as its hard to know what Qb will do
    Jax Vikings over 38 (5/6)
    Seattle -2.5 (5/6)

1 returns @ 12.57

Ive decided never to bet for or against my team ever again as it cost me so much last season. But id be taking the bills on the nose going on pre-season form @ 6/5

• Registered Users Posts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Patriots -4 at 10/11 looks good to me, adding Atlanta -2.5 10/11 at KC with Gonzalez to have a big game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

2 bets in 2 lost not the wrst

I also backed Over in the NO game to slightly win the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

put up those overs/unders on nfl iv been on about here

love the look of cj spilller

Advertisement