Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

awec wrote: »
    niamhx wrote: »
    Paris can be done on a budget. We found loads of great places with deals for dinner and wine for 30 for 2. One place charged us 100 for 2 burgers and a bottle of wine, last night blow out.
    Oh to be sitting outside watching the world go by with a glass of vino. Sadly the electric sander will have to do for today :)
    It's baltic outside. Was out there on the phone earlier and was standing with my hood up shivering!

Sitting inside, looking out the window at the world go by is the way to do it.

Ah but all Paris bistros have heated patios, and blankets on the chairs. The French do it with style :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Lost of cities can be done on a budget and a cheap ryanair flight too.

Krakow:
    Great student city and loads of places to eat on the cheap. Decent weather too during the summer

Barcelona:
    Loads of small cafes off the beaten track, plenty of cheap n cheerful hotels and apartments to stay in.

Seville:
    Beautiful city, so much to see and do, great weather too, though avoid the summer months as it gets a little too hot and crowded with tourists

San Sebastian/Bilbao/Santander:
    Great weather, lots to see and do and lots of good cheap accommodation away from main tourist seasons. Plenty of small cafes and restaurants to eat in.

Thats just a few there.

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

All this talk of holidays makes me want to go on one now...

Evening all :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Pembily wrote: »
    All this talk of holidays makes me want to go on one now...

Evening all :)

Evening.. have started booking mine in work already.. have everything until August booked. Such a long way off again tho :(

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I'm the same have lots booked (finally going to Ladies Day :D ) but nothing starts till May and that's ages away!

I'm off to my sisters for dinner, love not having to cook...

I do have to battle with my bike when I get home though :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I'm the same have lots booked (finally going to Ladies Day :D ) but nothing starts till May and that's ages away!

Woo hoo for Ladies Day.

Uuuuugggghhhh I am ill. I think I have lurgy:( Some come feed me chicken soup please!

ladies day? The horses?
    Gggggalway races... Best dressed lady too :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Daisies wrote: »
    Woo hoo for Ladies Day.

Uuuuugggghhhh I am ill. I think I have lurgy:( Some come feed me chicken soup please!

Maybe you got infected boy cooties from your mate you snogged at the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Maybe you got infected boy cooties from your mate you snogged at the weekend?

I'm totally blaming him anyway! I think I may have killed my immune system with alcohol! True story.

Also I am pretty sure the gym class is not going to make me feel any better :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

stopped into tesco, got a litre of cranberry juice and 2 of water :(

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

stopped into tesco, got a litre of cranberry juice and 2 of water :(

You poor thing, if it's not better in a day or so get yourself to the gp. As long as you've no temp, you've a chance of clearing it yourself.

niamhx wrote: »
    You poor thing, if it's not better in a day or so get yourself to the gp. As long as you've no temp, you've a chance of clearing it yourself.

it's not as bad as yesterday, so i'm ok. i had a bit of a temperature yesterday and was a bit dizzy too :o if it's not cleared by tomorrow night i'll go thursday, thanks :)

You have a bad dose SUN, hugs!

My sister made a savage dinner, I need to start using ginger more :)

You poor thing SUN. Not nice.

What did she make Pem?

Just back from the gym and had an awkward moment when I think I may have met the gym instructor before. Now whether it was a drunken conversation or whether I tested his eyes is anyone's guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Chatting to my brother on Skype for ages, which makes me happy and laugh! He was telling me loads of stories from his 30th that was the other weekend, heard a bunch of great stories from others too. My family are mental, but gas!

But I'm also sad hearing about it cause I'm sad I missed it and all the fun. Bit homesick now.

You have a bad dose SUN, hugs!

My sister made a savage dinner, I need to start using ginger more :)

thanks.
    what did she make, i'm intrigued!

What did she make Pem?

Just back from the gym and had an awkward moment when I think I may have met the gym instructor before. Now whether it was a drunken conversation or whether I tested his eyes is anyone's guess!

:D Daisies you're so funny
    Chatting to my brother on Skype for ages, which makes me happy and laugh! He was telling me loads of stories from his 30th that was the other weekend, heard a bunch of great stories from others too. My family are mental, but gas!

But I'm also sad hearing about it cause I'm sad I missed it and all the fun. Bit homesick now.

Been meaning to say to you PP that what you've done is really admirable from my point of view - leaving the country, leaving your family and boyfriend and everything you know to go to college, I just don't think I could do it.well done you :)

• Advertisement

What did she make Pem?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that happened me before, turns out I met him in Coppers but thankfully there was no shifting!

She made chicken stirfry with LOADS of veg, garlic, soya sauce and some ginger. Then she had a healthy and super tasty flapjack thingy for dessert :)

I agree with SUN, it's seriously commendable what you did and fair play! Hugs for homesickness!

:D Daisies you're so funny

Oh it's happened before! I remember faces but never names or where I met them. Disaster.

PP, I know the feeling for the homesickness and it's horrible. Sometimes the only thing for it is a big gut wrenching cry. I found it helped loads (followed by crap TV, chocolate and wine)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

What college do you go to Peach?

When I was at Queens I have to say I thought there was very few people from the south. Loads of English, Scottish etc, but hardly any from down here.

Do Irish students have a tendency to stay at home?

I go to college in Canada for my masters this year! I did my undergrad in my hometown so was living at home the whole time almost.

Leaving wasn't that big of a deal really cause I hated my job, hated living with my parents and had crap friends :pac: Miss my dog more than my family really! I'm not one to get homesick really, was away for 6 months in the states before and hated coming home.

I like it here! I love the snow and the food and the people and the beer :D Just sad to miss out on some things back home!

Its Wednesday :)

Morning all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Morning Pemb :)

I have a giant bruise on my arm from yesterday now, sexaaay it is not...

Morning... hows everyone today?

• Advertisement

Morning Pemb :)

I have a giant bruise on my arm from yesterday now, sexaaay it is not...
    Oh no, that's crap :(:( I hate when that happens.
    ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Morning... hows everyone today?

I am a grumpy whoare today! :rolleyes: Hoping tea and breakfast will help!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement