Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freephone Sky Ireland Number

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sky in cork

MarkK wrote: »
    Thanks but 0818 costs more than a call to British landline for many of us, that's what we are complaining about.

Do you have 02 numbers for these?

If your asking for 021 numbers then im afraid not mark unfortuntly most companys in ireland use these 0818 numbers now. as i see from the thread above there was a 021 number posted this is not Sky number were ever you got from i can gurantee that.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

JDxtra wrote: »
    So you were charged over €1.60/min? I seriously doubt that.

Incorrect. I was charged €12 after numerous calls to sky having been repeatedly disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

most companys in ireland use these 0818 numbers now.

"Most" that's rubbish, it's far from most companies using them, and even fewer who only allow you to call them on 0818.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 liamry99

+353214868686

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Would it be cheaper to ring the 0800(0800 046 6432) number off saynoto0870 from Ireland rather than the 0818 number?

You would dial 0044 800 046 6432 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 manana

Trying to find their email address isn't easy either

having tried to find it turns out it's a registration process. I was only contacting them on behalf of an elderly neighbour. i gave up and wrote to them.

Someone tell George Hook!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 manana

does Sky have an email address without going through laborious registration?

i need to contact them on behalf of an elderly neighbour

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Email them at mysky@bskyb.com. They will answer within 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Sky having a freephone or a local number????? Oh i must chuckle!

Of course they will have a premium rate number and of course they'll disconnect you so you ring back and they rake in more money of us Irish!

The sooner the Irish Government step in and get to grips with Sky the better. Sky dont pay any Irish VAT, they are really taking us up the backside.

Is there anyone we can complain to, to stop all of this daylight robbery?

If only the Irish general public started to make a stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

snaps wrote: »
    Sky having a freephone or a local number????? Oh i must chuckle!

Of course they will have a premium rate number and of course they'll disconnect you so you ring back and they rake in more money of us Irish!

The sooner the Irish Government step in and get to grips with Sky the better. Sky dont pay any Irish VAT, they are really taking us up the backside.

Is there anyone we can complain to, to stop all of this daylight robbery?

If only the Irish general public started to make a stand.

I agree that the contact number should be local rate or just a standard geographic number. 0818 is not premium rate though only national rate (approx 10c a minute).

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    I agree that the contact number should be local rate or just a standard geographic number. 0818 is not premium rate though only national rate (approx 10c a minute).

10c/min is a premium rate number in this day in age!!

I think its more than that, as a phonecall to those other thieves Ryan air cost me 13€ once!

snaps wrote: »
    10c/min is a premium rate number in this day in age!!

I think its more than that, as a phonecall to those other thieves Ryan air cost me 13€ once!

Good point as when national rate was introduced there was no such thing as all inclusive call packages. The Irish regulator really needs to introduce a number range like the 03 one in the UK which is non-geographic but price wise it's identical to geographic and so pay nothing when you are on an inclusive package. Not that the likes of Sky or Ryan-Air will ever use them :(

Good point as when national rate was introduced there was no such thing as all inclusive call packages. The Irish regulator really needs to introduce a number range like the 03 one in the UK which is non-geographic but price wise it's identical to geographic and so pay nothing when you are on an inclusive package. Not that the likes of Sky or Ryan-Air will ever use them :(

Another funny word in Ireland "Regulator"

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

So I get the 'Sky' magazine and on the back of the cover page is an offer of Sky Sports for €8 per month.

Hmmm, says I, I was going to revert to SSports for the prem season anyway, switching between movies and sports in the off season as I do.
    This way, I pay €8 more and keep movies (and herself happy).
    So I ring the number quite deliberately printed on the offer, its UK and some foreign girl who can barely speak engrish tells me she cannot find any details of this offer. I explain its an offer to Sky Ireland customers only, and she still doesn't find it and offers me a different more expensive deal, which I refuse.
    Her computer crashes (yeah) and I am still waiting on the promised call back.

So I remember this girl called to the door from Sky and left an Irish number: 0818719819. Yeah its Cork, buts its 'Hardware Dept' and they give me 0818719858 and its, you guessed it, UK, and, you guessed it again, they cannot find the offer.

Here's a direct quote from me to this nice Scottish Lass:
    'So what do you think I should do, scan in the offer, email it to your customer service so Sky can understand what Sky have offered to its customers?'
    'Yes, that would probably help'

Sky TV, whom I have a long and varied relationship with (which is a whole other rant) are a complete and utter farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Didihno wrote: »
    So I get the 'Sky' magazine and on the back of the cover page is an offer of Sky Sports for €8 per month.

Hmmm, says I, I was going to revert to SSports for the prem season anyway, switching between movies and sports in the off season as I do.
    So I ring the number quite deliberately printed on the offer, its UK and some foreign girl who can barely speak engrish tells me she cannot find any details of this offer. I explain its an offer to Sky Ireland customers only, and she still doesn't find it and offers me a different more expensive deal, which I refuse.

So I remember this girl called to the door from Sky and left an Irish number: 0818719819. Yeah its Cork, buts its 'Hardware Dept' and they give me 0818719858 and its, you guessed it, UK, and, you guessed it again, they cannot find the offer.

'So what do you think I should do, scan in the offer, email it to your customer service so Sky can understand what Sky have offered to its customers?'

Sky TV, whom I have a long and varied relationship with (which is a whole other rant) are a complete and utter farce.

A friend of mine had the same experience with that offer and while on the phone to sky asked to speak to a manager,the result is that he got 6 months Sky Sports for free.The original customer services person he spoke to was also unaware of the offer.They seem to be clueless regarding the offers for Irish customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pcarter

r

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭marclt

Didihno wrote: »

If I were you, I'd post a complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority: http://www.asai.ie/complain.asp

Clearly, the advert is misleading - even to someone who uses the service already and is familiar with upgrading packages.

Let us know how you get on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mirma001

I was given this number by Irish Call Centre and it was great only on 4-5 minutes in total. 1800812040

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭200motels

mirma001 wrote: »
    I was given this number by Irish Call Centre and it was great only on 4-5 minutes in total. 1800812040

Is this a freephone number?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭vectra

mirma001 wrote: »

As above
    Is this free phone?
    I need to ring them tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

1800 numbers are freephone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Can we get a confirmation on this number? Great find if it is! :D

Unrecognised number

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

gtg60 wrote: »
    Can we get a confirmation on this number? Great find if it is! :D

Just tried it and got through to sky, A great find let's hope it stays.

scaller wrote: »
    Just tried it and got through to sky, A great find let's hope it stays.

Which tel co are you with ? I get number not recognised with Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Unrecognised number

It isn't. I got through to Sky and chatted to an Irish lad for free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Which tel co are you with ? I get number not recognised with Vodafone

I rang off my vodafone mobile.

Weird - so from my vodafone landline I get number not recognised but I get through to Sky on my O2 mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭200motels

I can't get through on my Vodafone landline but can on my 3 mobile, strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

works on an eircom landline... welcome to sky.... if you are an existing customer press one etc... if you have received an "invite to purchase" letter whatever they are press 2...... for all other queries press 5....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement