Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trim for shed - how and/or how much?

Options
  • 13-07-2010 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

I've just put a new shed. Plans are to paint it blue and pretty it up as part of the garden renovations.

The shed is small and cheap and doesn't have a great finish. Ideally what I would like to do is attach a scalloped trim along the edge (where the roof finishes so I don't have felt hanging down). The length of the trim would be approximately six foot and I would like to have a scalloped edge where the scallops are about 9 inches - 12 inches wide.

Is this difficult to do? Is it possible to get it done professionally? OR would I be laughed out of the place? If so how much would it cost?

Am very clueless about this. Thanks HE.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Hi no this wouldnt be a difficult job to do. In fact if u have a jigsaw you should be able to manage it yourself once you have marked out the design on the timber you want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Do you mean above the door on the verge? or over the window? No problem over the door, but over the window wouldn't be a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Do you mean above the door on the verge? or over the window? No problem over the door, but over the window wouldn't be a great idea.

I mean along the whole side of the shed. However, someone (thankfully) pointed out that I'd have to leave a gap between the trim and the shed, otherwise the rain would come off the felted roof and just soak through the trim and water log and rot it.

Does that make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Thats why I thought over the window was a bad idea, also remember by fixing it to the roof, you will puncture the felt at the eave, which would be a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Thanks Q, I guess I can fix it below the felt at the bottom of the trim. Though that may make it unstable.

While I'd like to improve the look of the shed, functionality comes first!

• Advertisement
Advertisement