Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I wonder if world war hulk is a possibility and civil war just a red herring.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,267 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I thinking Planet Hulk with a GotG tie in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I thinking Planet Hulk with a GotG tie in.

Could see that working and I'd much prefer it to civil war.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Can someone remind me; at the end of Iron Man 3 was Pepper "cured"?
    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Yes.

She still has Extremis though. It's just that it's under control now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Bacchus wrote: »
    She still has Extremis though. It's just that it's under control now.

So, is she a superhero?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I guess so. With the nature of the power and the "keeping it under control" it could be something she can't just switch on or the power itself could be diminished from what we saw in IM3. Marvel could really go in any direction with it.

Bacchus wrote: »
    I guess so. With the nature of the power and the "keeping it under control" it could be something she can't just switch on or the power itself could be diminished from what we saw in IM3. Marvel could really go in any direction with it.

Is it a complete deviation from the comics? Interesting to see how they address it. I presume Paltrow is appearing in AOU

EDIT: it's not on her imdb, so I guess they probably won't be addressing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Lyndsey Fonesca has joined the cast of Agent Carter

637619LyndsyFonseca10.jpg

:pac:

With "Marvel's Agent Carter" making its way to ABC in 2015, the series has now completed its cast with Lyndsy Fonseca ("Kick-Ass" franchise, "Nikita," "Big Love") joining as Angie Martinelli!

An aspiring actress living in 1946 New York, Angie will befriend Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell) as she herself seeks to find her place in the post-war world.
    "'Marvel's Agent Carter' opens up an exciting world of new characters for us," said Jeph Loeb, Marvel's Head of Television. "Lyndsy brings a warmth and humanity to Angie, who'll be the friend Peggy needs if she's to survive the dangers that lie ahead."

"Marvel's Agent Carter," starring Captain America's Hayley Atwell, follows the story of Peggy Carter. It's 1946, and peace has dealt Peggy Carter a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life--Steve Rogers. Inspired by the feature films "Captain America: The First Avenger" and "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," along with the short "Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter."

Starring Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, Chad Michael Murray as SSR Agent Jack Thompson, Enver Gjokaj as SSR Agent Daniel Sousa, James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis, and Shea Whigham as SSR Chief Roger Dooley, "Marvel's Agent Carter" was written by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely. Executive producers are Tara Butters, Michele Fazekas, Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely, Chris Dingess, Kevin Feige, Louis D'Esposito, Alan Fine, Joe Quesada, Stan Lee and Jeph Loeb.

"Marvel's Agent Carter" is produced by ABC Studios and Marvel Television.

For more information on "Marvel's Agent Carter" and the other exciting Marvel Television series, stay tuned to Marvel.com.

Phase 3

Captain America: Civil War will be released on May 6, 2016.

Doctor Strange, released on November 4, 2016.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 has a new release date of May 5th, 2017

Thor: Ragnarok will arrive on July 28, 2017.

Black Panther, played by Chadwick Boseman, will be released November 3, 2017

Captain Marvel, confirmed as Carol Danvers, will be released July 6, 2018.

Meanwhile, a new group of heroes will be introduced in Inhumans, which will hit cinemas on November 2, 2018.

Oops, left out the most important part: Feige confirmed that May 4, 2018 would belong to a two-part third and fourth Avengers film titled: The Avengers: Infinity War. Part two will follow on May 3, 2019.

• Advertisement

Re; Deal with Sony.
    Will Marvel Studios join up with Sony Pictures to share Spider-Man? “Anything that wasn’t specifically revealed today is either not true at all or still rumor,” Feige says.

On Hulk.
    Feige tells reporters that Hulk and Mark Ruffalo will appear in all of the Avengers films, but he has not yet set a stand-alone for him. “Who will be in what movie is a spoiler, due to what will happen to them in the earlier movies,”

EhMifHl.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 29,460 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Not the biggest cap fan but i cannot f*cking wait for Civil War!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

There is a lot that can't be done without Reed Richards and the Fantastic Four and Spiderman, even newer stuff like the Illuminati would need Professor X and Namor and Black Bolt.

If there is a chance of Sony and Fox joining with Marvel they would be crazy to not to do business getting Spidey and the X-Men into the MCU would be like printing money for all involved.

B1DpikzCcAA69dd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

So, Ant-Man is part of Phase Two? Makes me wonder whether
    Ultron will carry over to it. Edgar Wright said he wouldn't, but of course he's not involved any more

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

My heart sank a little when I saw the 'Part 1 and 2' for the next (next?) Avengers film: while more of a phenomenon with book adaptations, there are few more blatant / cynical money-wringing exercises than studios' attempts to elongate franchises with split sequels.

A hell of an assault by Marvel though, they really mean business - in every sense of the word: so for those of us only casually acquainted with comic mythologies, which of these original properties is worth getting excited about?

pixelburp wrote: »
    My heart sank a little when I saw the 'Part 1 and 2' for the next (next?) Avengers film: while more of a phenomenon with book adaptations, there are few more blatant / cynical money-wringing exercises than studios' attempts to elongate franchises with split sequels.

A hell of an assault by Marvel though, they really mean business - in every sense of the word: so for those of us only casually acquainted with comic mythologies, which of these original properties is worth getting excited about?

Doctor Strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Doctor Strange for me is the one I'm looking forward to. He won't be like any Marvel character we've seen, or at least he shouldn't be. Inhumans is the other one that will be different, Black Bolt is a character I've been hoping they'd bring to screen. In a way I hope they don't tie them into Avengers (or Fantastic Four) straight away and let them have their own time. With Marvel's quite pedestrian use of the Avengers, Inhumans are a more interesting group dynamically.

Infinity Wars is too far away to judge, a lot will depend on how all the other films go. Captain Marvel I can give or take really. Black Panther has the potential to be really good, but it needs a really good villain, something Marvel have fallen down on continuously. Klaw is the obvious one, but will be a hard push to translate his superpower on screen IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,746 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Chadwick Boseman cast as Black Panther

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Personally, I'm still most excited about about Ant-Man, but that's possibly because it's the next movie. But I do like that it will be about
    a thief becoming a hero
    , which will be a nice (kind of) change of pace.

I'm chuffed that they're gong with the Carol Danvers version of Captain Marvel, if only for the change of pace. A female lead is definitely a long time coming, though I'd say Scarlett Johanssen is pissssssssed!

Doctor Strange is very exciting, particularly with Cumberbatch having been cast. I reckon he'll be fantastic. Strange has a good origin story and would happily stand alone as a flick too.

I've never really gotten into The Inhumans so I'm not super excited for it but it should defo be a fun film with a fair bit of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'm the opposite. The Infinity Gauntlet storyline is massive, and trying to put it into one film would leave some much out in the long run. By having it was a two parter it will get the very best out of the story and give it the massive epic setting that the title deserves.

Plus, the story has a fantastic natural cliffhanger COMIC SPOILERS:
    Thanos clicking his fingers and whipping out half the universe and the first failed attack on him by the heroes
    it should leaves audiences craving the second film even more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Is avengers infinity war gonna be the last avengers movie? I thought there was gonna be an avengers 4? Unless 'part 2' is actually the 4th movie? Really don't like splitting movies into parts like that, especially if there are further sequels to come

And if someone doesn't die soon it'll be so stupid, just the same old same old in each movie with no real sense of threat emerging from any of the villains until thanos

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Love the sound of the linup although the toughts of being 31 by the time infinity war part 2 comes out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Squeedily Spooch

There's far too much in the Infinity War arc to fit it into a single movie less than 2.5hrs though, two movies actually warrants it for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Doctor Strange is very exciting, particularly with Cumberbatch having been cast. I reckon he'll be fantastic. Strange has a good origin story and would happily stand alone as a flick too.

The Dr.Strange movie wont be an origin story though. He will be a fully fledged master of the mystic arts from the get go.

Probably wont be exactly the same line up of avengers by infinity wars. Certainly things could have changed a bit by the time we get there.

The Dr.Strange movie wont be an origin story though. He will be a fully fledged master of the mystic arts from the get go.

Has that been confirmed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Has that been confirmed?

Pretty sure it has, I'm in work though so cant find the link for you now.

Advertisement