Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,607 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

jdee99 wrote: »
    Apologies will list as birdies etc in future - best so far is a 94 - only been playing since September so I guess its heading in the right direction - and yes it Ballyhaunis will use full name in future :-)

Well done - that is fantastic going in such a short time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Dreadful golf but a good day out in Rathcore.

Went out with the brother and teamed up with a member (Noel) who was on his own and was gracious enough to score my card, even though it probably needed a calculator.

2 Pars
    3 Bogies
    6 Dbl Bogies
    2 Triples
    5 massive ones

Gross 116 :o

Cutting them back to Dbl's knocked 15 off!

Some hits today were great but most were horrendous, never quite felt right with the new grip/swing but it was great to play with Noel and I can only apologize for calling what I was doing playing golf :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

65 in Elm Green today.

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    65 in Elm Green today.

Wow - what is that under par ?

What you play off.

Wow - what is that under par ?

What you play off.

It was 11 over. It was at the pitch and putt :).

• Advertisement

It was 11 over. It was at the pitch and putt :).

What are you posting in golf for then :rolleyes:

Its still golf but with shorter holes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

It's golf Bill, but not as we know it....................:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mister gullible

Its still golf but with shorter holes. :)

In fairness Par 3 is great for a lad that just wants a quick game and a bit of craic. It's also a great intro for beginners. Glen Mills in Wicklow is a good test for any improving golfer.

Corballis.

Scored poor, but happy enough as first time out testing many changes to game.
    Wanted a change of scene. Also parts of my course out of play till march.

16 over, a quad on 3. Forgot to take my medicine twice.
    Putting poor 34 putts.

But happy enough, a start, try to not work too hard on swing on course.

Strange - one of those days you walk off scoring awful , but know you are close to something coming right.

Out with an Aussie in am, know I will score better, know he will need some of my clothes, he is facing a 40 deg drop from his place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Corballis.

Scored poor, but happy enough as first time out testing many changes to game.
    Wanted a change of scene. Also parts of my course out of play till march.

16 over, a quad on 3. Forgot to take my medicine twice.
    Putting poor 34 putts.

But happy enough, a start, try to not work too hard on swing on course.

Strange - one of those days you walk off scoring awful , but know you are close to something coming right.

Out with an Aussie in am, know I will score better, know he will need some of my clothes, he is facing a 40 deg drop from his place.

What course has parts out of action till March?

That 3rd hole is a beautiful card/confidence wrecker- it says "come and have a go if you think your hard enough??"... And the house always wins!!!

@ Dealerz.

St. Anne's ,

Fairways out, can't even chip around the greens, practice putting green out.

For the good in long run, but a pain at times. A full winter protection in place. Except greens.

3rd a great hole. One of the hardest in country. I think I've only ever had 1 birdie.
    Par is a great score, a 5 a good score.

Trying to be smart cutting right hand mound, almost , wind was strong but, got over in rough, in rough, in rough , in rough, green 3 putts. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Trying to be smart cutting right hand mound

Only played Corballis once, but I think I know that mound on #3 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

@ Dealerz.

St. Anne's ,

Fairways out, can't even chip around the greens, practice putting green out.

For the good in long run, but a pain at times. A full winter protection in place. Except greens.

3rd a great hole. One of the hardest in country. I think I've only ever had 1 birdie.
    Par is a great score, a 5 a good score.

Trying to be smart cutting right hand mound, almost , wind was strong but, got over in rough, in rough, in rough , in rough, green 3 putts. Lol.

I normally try and bury my ball as deep as possible in hill on left and see nothing of the fairway!!

Was debating joining this year but think I would probably crack up and give up golf altogether playing that hole in a strokes comp...I've only played friendly rounds on Corballis.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Didn't hit the ball great today, but for 15 holes I had 2 birdies, 11 pars, 2 bogeys. Just scored really well and made some really good putts and up and downs :)

finished with 33 points for the 15 holes

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

82 (+11) in horrible conditions today

8 pars
    9 bogeys
    1 double
    Short game kept the score respectable
    Driving wasn't great , only hit 5 airways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

Dont bother with score in conditions.play matchplay to cold to fill in cards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

jdee99 wrote: »
    Did 9 holes at Ballyhaunis in 46 shots today

1 * 7 (silly shots)
    2 * 6's
    4 * 5's
    1 * 4
    1 * 3

More to come off hopefully and will have to get a handicap soon
    I played ballyhaunis once and it's a tough course. Not many easy holes in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭jdee99

Its interesting thats for sure - never having played another courses I can't compare sadly

EIGHT 3-putts for the front nine.... that's all that needs to be said, lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

Played yesterday in a mix of hurricane, sleet, rain and sunshine.. +4 for twelve but dropped 3 over last 4...

Content!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Played Navan today, front nine was closed and weather was stormy so didn't sign a card.

Averaged 2 over with some pars thrown in which was good for me considering the weather.

Played Corballis today,

had a feeling it would not let me down and be open - as was very very wet on the way. The lads did well to keep open and moved holes to parts of the green that would not flood. Stopped raining about 11 and was a grand day then. I was one of the few out at all. Most headed in at start - don't get out too often so stuck it out.

Scored much better than last week.

Front (+4)
    Back (+5)
    Strokes (75)

Putts 31 (2-3 putts)

3 Doubles
    2 Birdies
    8 pars
    5 Bogies

Even on hole 3 (arch nemesis) - was in good position just wrong club (strong wind) ended in Double bogey.

Anyway - a bit of progress . Know I can play better too.
    Needed that one.

Played Athlone yesterday and it was a perfect day for golf. And i played great too, until i got to the green, lol.

4 birdies, 4 pars, 7 bogeys - 30 points for 15 holes.

four 3-putts :(

11/12 FIR
    12/15 GIR

game starting to come into good shape for esker hills next month!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

First outting of 2014 and due to the bad weather only got in 6 holes,
    13pts for 6 Holes off 23
    12pts off 18

1st hole pushed 3w abit then tried to rescue it and losted 2 shots, should have just played out and stayed safe, ill know next time, so an 8 on the Par 4 :(

After that thou it was better each hole,
    2nd DB
    3rd Bogey
    4th , 5th n 9th Pars

1st day out but still enjoyed the day even in the rain, feeling good about the rest of the year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Finished work early today so took advantage and got a quick 9 holes in. Was rained out last Sunday so it was lovely to get out. Started great with pars on first 3 holes bogied next two then mysteriously lost a ball on the next, fading light played a big part, always hard to track the ball in those conditions. Another par then double bogied the last two.

Fairly happy with my play, caught a few heavy but I suspect that's more to do with the soft ground. Was a lovely afternoon, wish I could do it more often....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

Terrible 1 under after 6 holes ended up 4 over for 10 holes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

34 points of 17. 14 out 20 back. Scratched last and 5th. 30 points from 6th to 17th. Should/could of been so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

36pts off 23 , scratched 2 holes aswell :mad:

On the other hand i was playing with my club handicap sec and he was joking during the round saying and your off 23 we'll see about that,

After the round he came over to me and said that he was going to cut me to 18 or 19,

I dunno should i be happy or pissed off in the sense that i did want to get cut to 18 by the end of the year but wanted to progress through Comps, now just feels like i was half robbed

Confused.com :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,078 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Dossy wrote: »
    36pts off 23 , scratched 2 holes aswell :mad:

On the other hand i was playing with my club handicap sec and he was joking during the round saying and your off 23 we'll see about that,

After the round he came over to me and said that he was going to cut me to 18 or 19,

I dunno should i be happy or pissed off in the sense that i did want to get cut to 18 by the end of the year but wanted to progress through Comps, now just feels like i was half robbed

Confused.com :(

You'll become a better player playing off 18 now.
    What was today's score off 18? 31 at worst but may even be 33,34?

Aim for not having a shot one a hole (17 and below), it'll push you to improve.

Advertisement