Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Euro 2012 Cup

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

footie1 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a spreadsheet which can be used to calculate points earned when a person guesses the correct winner of a game.
    My local football club are running a competition where you have to guess the winners of all the group stages correctly and then guess who will go through to the next round.
    The thing is, I have been landed with the task of keeping track of everyones points so am looking for some kind of spreadsheet which will calculate the points earned for each person automatically.
    Apologies for jumping in on this post but thought seen as it is similar to what you guys are doing that you may have a some kind of spreadsheet or free tool already

Microsoft Excel can do what you're asking to be done. You have to type in a addition formula in the top bar to calculate and end total. And from then on if you change any number to a higher number it'll automatically change the answer to suit the new information. Look it up, I can't explain it too well but google will. Fairly simple.
    FatRat - Netherlands
    Copper-Pipe - Poland
    Carlcon - Sweden
    Formation - Italy
    WoollyRedHat - Russia
    SpaceCowb0y - Spain
    Fr. Larry Duff - Croatia
    KevIRL - Rep. Of Ireland
    Jimmy-Iovine - England
    Lemlin - Greece
    RoryC - Ukraine
    Captain-Bob - Portugal
    Manual-Man - Czech Republic
    ThegreenGoblin - Germany
    Cullenswood - Denmark
    Munster Magic - France

Group A

Copper-Pipe
    Lemlin
    WoollyRedHat
    Manual-Man

Group B

FatRat
    Cullenswood
    ThegreenGoblin
    Captain-Bob

Group C

SpaceCowboy
    Formation
    KevIRL
    Fr. Larry Duffy

Group D

RoryC
    Carlcon
    Munster Magic
    Jimmy-Iovine

Gameweek 1:

Copper-Pipe vs Lemlin

WoollyRedHat vs Manula-man

Fatrat vs Cullenswood

ThegreenGoblin vs Captain-Bob

SpaceCowboy vs Formation

KevIRL vs Fr. Larry Duffy

RoryC vs Carlcon

Munster Magic vs Jimmy-Iovine

Will there be a team ID available once the game starts does anybody know? Otherwise we won't have a direct link to everyone's teams to see how they score. If there's no team ID I'm sure we can just go onto the boards league and check up on everyones score who are in the cup. But if there is a team ID, everything will be much easier.

As for the selections above, it was all done randomly, picked from a hat. (Well.... not a hat but a bowl). I would prove it only I didn't take pictures. But it wouldn't matter anyway because there is no one there who we are sure is amazing at Fantasy Euro 2012. Although I do believe group D is a bit of a group of death if this years FPL is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FatRat wrote: »
    Will there be a team ID available once the game starts does anybody know? Otherwise we won't have a direct link to everyone's teams to see how they score. If there's no team ID I'm sure we can just go onto the boards league and check up on everyones score who are in the cup. But if there is a team ID, everything will be much easier.

As for the selections above, it was all done randomly, picked from a hat. (Well.... not a hat but a bowl). I would prove it only I didn't take pictures. But it wouldn't matter anyway because there is no one there who we are sure is amazing at Fantasy Euro 2012. Although I do believe group D is a bit of a group of death if this years FPL is anything to go by.

There is a team id, just click into your matchday history. My id is 7668

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 footie1

Microsoft Excel can do what you're asking to be done. You have to type in a addition formula in the top bar to calculate and end total. And from then on if you change any number to a higher number it'll automatically change the answer to suit the new information. Look it up, I can't explain it too well but google will. Fairly simple.
    FatRat - Netherlands
    Copper-Pipe - Poland
    Carlcon - Sweden
    Formation - Italy
    WoollyRedHat - Russia
    SpaceCowb0y - Spain
    Fr. Larry Duff - Croatia
    KevIRL - Rep. Of Ireland
    Jimmy-Iovine - England
    Lemlin - Greece
    RoryC - Ukraine
    Captain-Bob - Portugal
    Manual-Man - Czech Republic
    ThegreenGoblin - Germany
    Cullenswood - Denmark

Munster Magic - France

Thanks FatRat, unfortunately what I am trying to do is give different points at different stages. If someone guesses a match right in the group stages they get a point whereas if they guess correctly in the quarter finals they will get 5 points

manual_man wrote: »
    There is a team id, just click into your matchday history. My id is 7668

Ok, cool.

Could everyone start giving their team ID's so? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Yeah, thanks for that:rolleyes:

My team id is 34856

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Denis Horan

Count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Ok, cool.

Could everyone start giving their team ID's so? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Sorry but where is your matchday history?

Out of interest... what's stopping people who haven't given their code yet from having more than one team and eventually giving their best code?

*Edit* - To answer my own question, I guess most entries are already in the main league, so there shouldn't be any of that nonsense.

carlcon wrote: »
    Out of interest... what's stopping people who haven't given their code yet from having more than one team and eventually giving their best code?

*Edit* - To answer my own question, I guess most entries are already in the main league, so there shouldn't be any of that nonsense.

Exactly. BUT, I've sent a Pm to a lot of the entrants already asking for their Team ID's. If they don't give it by the start of the next GW, they automatically lose their first game. Unless of course we can find their team on the boards league, then we'd leave them off if they forgot to give it or aren't logged in over th enext few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Exactly. BUT, I've sent a Pm to a lot of the entrants already asking for their Team ID's. If they don't give it by the start of the next GW, they automatically lose their first game. Unless of course we can find their team on the boards league, then we'd leave them off if they forgot to give it or aren't logged in over th enext few days.

Would have to be fairly sad as well to go to those lengths

KevIRL wrote: »
    Would have to be fairly sad as well to go to those lengths

Yeah, exactly. But Carlcon's right, there might be some people who'd do it. You'd never know. It is for the craic anyway. It's not like there's any money on it, so you'd want to be proper sad.

I've found my GW1 opponent in the main league, so I'll post the result of that along with the links.

Munster Man posted his link, so that's 3/4 in Group D sorted, anyway. Jimmy Iovine is a regular, so I'm sure he'll be found easily enough to complete the group.

I guess it wouldn't be too much bother for me to keep track of Group D for you. Will save time, and I'll be keeping score in my league for myself anyway.

carlcon wrote: »
    I've found my GW1 opponent in the main league, so I'll post the result of that along with the links.

Munster Man posted his link, so that's 3/4 in Group D sorted, anyway. Jimmy Iovine is a regular, so I'm sure he'll be found easily enough to complete the group.

I guess it wouldn't be too much bother for me to keep track of Group D for you. Will save time, and I'll be keeping score in my league for myself anyway.

Yeah, do. That'd be cool. If anyone else wants to step forward to watch their group then you're welcome to do so. I'm doing A, B and C atm. But will only do my group (B) if someone A and someone from C offers to do theirs.

Just post each team and their scores then post the how the table stands after the gameweek. I was thinking of using the system FPL have and 2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw. The reason for this is that if teams draw they should get more than 1/3 points. So I think they should get 1/2 instead. Does this make sense or am I just thinking outside the box too much and should we stick with 3 for a win, 1 for a draw?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'll try round up the rest of group A

I have a few more ID's now. Probably have around half of them.

I sent a PM out to everyone in it asking for their ID's.... and I sent my ID as an example. Just notice the ID I sent was actually the highest scoring team of the weeks ID and not mine haha! I must have been looking at it and sent the link for that instead of the link for mine. But now everyone thinks I've a monster score. :cool:

• Advertisement

I have a few more ID's now. Probably have around half of them.

I sent a PM out to everyone in it asking for their ID's.... and I sent my ID as an example. Just notice the ID I sent was actually the highest scoring team of the weeks ID and not mine haha! I must have been looking at it and sent the link for that instead of the link for mine. But now everyone thinks I've a monster score. :cool:

Can you share the ones you have, please? Will make it more likely for others to offer up 2 mins to collect scores for their groups. Plus I want to see how mine is shaping up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I followed your link FatRat but still can't find my id! Post game hangover

I followed your link FatRat but still can't find my id! Post game hangover

Go into you latest points page for your team. Now look at the link for that page. It should have: http://en.euro2012fantasy.uefa.com/entry/ ...... and the numbers after the / is your team ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Go into you latest points page for your team. Now look at the link for that page. It should have: http://en.euro2012fantasy.uefa.com/entry/ ...... and the numbers after the / is your team ID.

I understand now!

Didn't get a chance to pick a proper team though, used auto pick. Will have to make some fiendish subs to get anywhere in this!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

here is mine : 24239

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Sorry FatRat, ignore my pm, not really with it today!

My ID is: 27073

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Sorry lads, I put my name down for this but didn't get time to setup a team so won't be joining. Apologies.

I'll be back for the PL Fantasy League in August!

Group D

Carlcon 52 -v- RoryC 41

Munster Man 56 -v- Jimmy Iovine 24

Munster Man 3
    Carlcon 3
    RoryC 0
    Jimmy Iovine 0

Sorry for the delay, there is still a few ID that need sorting out. Carlcon, Jimmy's is 7473. He finished on 24, so yeah, Munstermagic won it. You have all of Group D so I'll leave you off! Local_Chap takes Lemlins place in the cup.

FatRat - 7868
    Copper-Pipe - 14006
    Carlcon - 7481
    Formation - N/A
    WoollyRedHat - Russia
    SpaceCowb0y - 14405
    Fr. Larry Duff - N/A
    KevIRL - 7476
    Jimmy-Iovine - 7473
    Local_Chap - N/A
    RoryC - 7685
    Captain-Bob - 24239
    Manual-Man - 7668
    ThegreenGoblin - 27073
    Cullenswood - 351282
    Munster Magic - 34856

Four people in RoryC, Local_Chap, Fr. Larry Duff and Formation haven't given their ID's yet. I have found RoryC's in the boards league though. I'll try and get them as soon as possible but for now, their games have automatically been lost and given to their opponents for the first round. BUT if I get them soon then they won't automatically lose.

• Advertisement

Gameweek 1:

Copper-Pipe 33 vs Local_Chap

WoollyRedHat vs Manual-man 41

Fatrat 25 vs Cullenswood 22

ThegreenGoblin 41 vs Captain-Bob 36

SpaceCowboy 38 vs Formation

KevIRL 58 vs Fr. Larry Duffy

RoryC 41 vs Carlcon 52

Munster Magic 56 vs Jimmy-Iovine 24

Group A

Manual-Man - 3
    Copper-Pipe - 3
    Local_Chap - 0
    WoollyRedHat - 0

Group B

FatRat - 3
    ThegreenGoblin - 3
    Captain-Bob - 0
    Cullenswood - 0

Group C

KevIRL - 3
    SpaceCowboy - 3
    Formation - 0
    Fr. Larry Duffy - 0

Group D

Carlcon - 3
    Munster Magic - 3
    Jimmy-Iovine - 0
    RoryC - 0

All of the group games in A and C were decided because of drop-outs, which is annoying. Well not drop-outs, but people who still haven't given their team ID's. Hopefully we'll sort it out soon. If there is two teams tied in any group at the end of the 3 GW's, the team with the highest accumulative score goes through.

Advertisement