Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unique forum signatures

• 07-12-2011 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

This has probably been asked for before, but wouldn't be good to have unique forum signatures. Or even where you could choose to turn off which forum your sig shows up in, so you'd have one sig, but it would be on/off depending on the forum.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,042 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

grizzly wrote: »
    This has probably been asked for before, but wouldn't be good to have unique forum signatures. Or even where you could choose to turn off which forum your sig shows up in, so you'd have one sig, but it would be on/off depending on the forum.

There's an option to hide your sig when making a post

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's an option to hide your sig when making a post

They're getting at the idea of having multiple sigs but each one would be only visible in and catered to specific forums.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm not sure that vBulletin can handle that tbh.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They're getting at the idea of having multiple sigs but each one would be only visible in and catered to specific forums.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it sounds like he wants to be able to disable sigs on specific forums
    so you'd have one sig, but it would be on/off depending on the forum.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it sounds like he wants to be able to disable sigs on specific forums

I've just checked the Forum Manager tool and vBulletin can't handle that either. You have a choice of one sig or no sig, and if you have a sig your choice is on or off. That's it really.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    I've just checked the Forum Manager tool and vBulletin can't handle that either. You have a choice of one sig or no sig, and if you have a sig your choice is on or off. That's it really.

Well the option is still there to disable your sig when you are making a post, so it's no biggy anyway.

sig_3.png

Well the option is still there to disable your sig when you are making a post, so it's no biggy anyway.

sig_3.png

Never spotted that before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Zaph wrote: »
    Never spotted that before.

Yore fired!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

It is possible to have something in your sign which can get you banned from certain forums.
    It's happened before.

Orion wrote: »
    Yore fired!

I won't go without a fight, and if I have to I'm taking you with me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Just let me grab my towel first.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

Where are the rules regarding signatures? Ive added one, well I think I have anyway, this post will verify it. Im aware that some forums have certain rules regarding them and I dont want to breach them on here. I cant say Ive noticed many signatures, certainly not any banner type, and Im wondering if they are allowed at all. If Im breaking any rules, no doubt it will be removed anyway, just dont want to be warned for it!

hmmm no, it didnt show up. What a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I can see your sig. It's too big btw.

That is far too big. Max size for sigs is 500 x 125 pixels. Yours is 800 x 190

You need to tick the 'show signatures' box here to be able to see them.

Here's your image resized to fit within the acceptable limits on dimension.

Optimized_DSTlogo.png

What is the biggest size allowed? I will have to check my settings, I dont see any sigs from anyone.

That is far too big. Max size for sigs is 500 x 125 pixels. Yours is 800 x 190

You need to tick the 'show signatures' box here to be able to see them.

Here's your image resized to fit within the acceptable limits on dimension.

Optimized_DSTlogo.png

Thanks very much for the link and also for resizing that for me. Now that I can see everyones signatures and avatars, suddenly Boards has come to life! Cant believe I had it turned off this whole time.

One more question, do you know how I would be able to make my signature a clickable link so that it would take anyone interested in joining to the site?

djrichard wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the link and also for resizing that for me. Now that I can see everyones signatures and avatars, suddenly Boards has come to life! Cant believe I had it turned off this whole time.

One more question, do you know how I would be able to make my signature a clickable link so that it would take anyone interested in joining to the site?

You just need to wrap the whole thing in URL tags

Like so

[Noparse]Optimized_DSTlogo.jpg[/noparse]

which when entered in the sig field gives you the following

Optimized_DSTlogo.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

djrichard wrote: »
    I was just about to say that sig pic is really annoying and it's not even a link...

Just wrap your sig image in URL tags like this:

[HTML]Optimized_DSTlogo.png
    [/HTML]

EDIT: DAMN YOU UUUUURRRRL

Thanks for the advice. Ive been using computers for years and Im fairly competant. Im quite surprised I didnt know how to do this already considering how many forums Im a member of.

• Advertisement
Advertisement