Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2 Months Free VPN (Post Your Code ONCE and ONCE ONLY!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Heppo

My new code. Feel free to use. :O)
    XSSUNZY

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    Hi i used Ch750536's code above. Pls use mine below

personal referal code:FWYYYAT

Btw, my aervices expire in 1 month so i havent been credited the two free months. Does that happen later?

It should show you a crossed-out price, and state that it's for 3 months at the sign-up stage. Contact their support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Used Heppos Code, my code is:

DYFXMAA

thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 korvmannen

Does the codes only work once or what? Because I tried all of the above and none worked.
    So I just signed up for 1 month anyway and I got my referral code through support today.

KRQQSZD

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Great service. Never down and very fast. Highly recommended!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

korvmannen wrote: »
    Does the codes only work once or what? Because I tried all of the above and none worked.
    So I just signed up for 1 month anyway and I got my referral code through support today.

KRQQSZD

used this code thanks

my code:WSZTCUQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Dazza wrote: »
    Great service. Never down and very fast. Highly recommended!!
    And their next on the Music Ind list to get shut down.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-17922214

File-sharers look to VPNs to overcome Pirate Bay ban

Young people are increasingly turning to virtual private networks (VPNs) to anonymise their free sharing of music and movies, a new study has suggested.

Sweden's Lund University indicated that there had been a 40% rise in the number of 15 to 25-year-olds using such services since 2009.
    Many believe a clampdown on piracy is behind their rise in popularity.

The Pirate Bay has advised visitors to make use of VPNs. It would be illegal to do so to download pirated files.

In its first public response since five of the UK's big ISPs agreed to block their subscribers from the file-sharing site, The Pirate Bay remained defiant.
    "As usual there are easy ways to circumvent the block. Use a VPN service to be anonymous and get an uncensored internet access, you should do this anyhow," it said.

Some industry experts now believe that VPNs could become publishers' next target.

Anonymity systems Once the preserve of the business world, VPNs are secure networks that allow data sharing behind heavily encrypted firewalls.

The fact that they allow users to swap files without being detected makes them perfect for pirates.
    Virgin Media has begun blocking users' access to The Pirate Bay
    "VPNs could become the next front in the battle against piracy," predicted independent music analyst Mark Mulligan.
    He pointed to the growing popularity of VPNs such as BT Guard - in this case, BT stands for bit torrent not British Telecom.

Increasingly services such as the bluntly named HideMyAss have been taking extra measures to protect their users, he added.
    "Some providers have already starting putting anonymity systems in place, such as not tracking IP addresses and deleting logs after seven days."

The music industry has changed its focus over the last year, away from targeting individual file-sharers to shutting off access to sites via domain name service blocking - meaning anyone typing in the address of a torrent site will not get through.

To achieve this, content providers must come to an agreement with internet service providers to block access or force the block via the courts.
    Crackdowns against The Pirate Bay have now been enforced across Europe and are imminent in Britain.
    Some have questioned the effectiveness of current blocks.
    BT, for example, has adapted its child abuse filtering system known as Cleanfeed, but has made no secret of the fact that the system is not entirely foolproof.

Use of so-called proxy servers in conjunction with a VPN is one way to circumnavigate the filters.
    "BT's Cleanfeed is the Rolls Royce of filtering software but there are always ways around it," said Mr Mulligan.
    Inconvenience Continue reading the main story WHO'S BLOCKING WHO IN EUROPE?

• Italy was one of the first countries to block The Pirate Bay following a court order in February 2010, and Italian ISPs have also blocked torrent site BTjunkie
    • In May 2010, Danish ISPs followed suit against The Pirate Bay
    • Austria, Finland and Belgium put up similar blocks in 2011
    • Spain has written website blocking into its Sustainable Economy Act, known as Law Sinde, which came into force in March 2012
    • UK ISPs blocked access to Newzbin 2 at the end of 2011, and in April 2012 were asked to block The Pirate Bay

Data collected by the music industry body the IFPI (International Federation of the Phonographic Industry) suggests blocking has had a significant impact.

Blocks against the The Pirate Bay in Belgium reduced the service's audience by 84% between August and November 2011, according to Comscore.

In Italy, usage of the service is down by 74%, according to a Nielsen study commissioned by the IFPI. Use of BTjunkie, another torrent service blocked in Italy, was down by 80%.

The fact that young music fans are moving to VPNs signals something of a victory for the music industry, thinks Mr Mulligan.
    "The aim of such blocking is not to turn off the tap but to make it as inconvenient as possible to get to such services," he said.
    "VPNs add an extra layer of complexity and young people have to pay £5 or £6 a month to use them, which means some of the reasons for doing it are lost."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

^^
    Meh, i dont want my internet experience region blocked or censored, VPN gives me access to this, its a small price to pay. Maybe if the industry evolved instead of standing still they would be in a better place. If they just keep fighting it people will always find other ways around their systems.

Kopimi FTW ;)

Anyways back on topic

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

projectgtr wrote: »
    used this code thanks

my code:WSZTCUQ

Done thanks

Here is mine

Code: HFGWKKF

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

And their next on the Music Ind list to get shut down.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-17922214

Oh right yea.. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

Rafloution wrote: »
    Done thanks

Here is mine

Code: HFGWKKF

Code used - here is mine NWRBRQV

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

clevtrev wrote: »

Code used - My personal referal code: FPQEWUY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

evostik wrote: »
    clevtrev wrote: »

Code used - My personal referal code: FPQEWUY

Used code - thanks.

Mine is: DXHZBRN

• Registered Users Posts: 47 twotonewolftone

Vertakill wrote: »
    Used code - thanks.

Mine is: DXHZBRN

i used yours mine is:KDKAMUA

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rainbow76

Mine is NDPGUJJ
    Sorry can't rem which I used as some came up invalid

• Registered Users Posts: 6 buttskids

rainbow76 wrote: »
    Mine is NDPGUJJ
    Sorry can't rem which I used as some came up invalid

Used this.

Mine is WUWNSYP

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

buttskids wrote: »
    Used this.

Mine is WUWNSYP

Thanks

used, mine is: KNXNXZN

thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

m4rkiz wrote: »
    used, mine is: KNXNXZN

thanks

Used this one.

Mine: ZQNEDFZ

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Faded Glory

Ninaluna wrote: »
    Used this one.

Mine: ZQNEDFZ

Used Ninaluna's code,

Mine; RJMDQRU

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Mine; RJMDQRU

Used this one (Thanks!!)

Mine - UUGTMQH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭SparrowHawk

Used tk123's code.

My personal referal code:WZKPAMR

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GalwayDriver

thanks guys, i used a code from above.

mine is CZKJDKP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

used above code

ZTDZJSP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭electro-shocks

Cant remember what code I used,

Anyway mine is
    WCSZFTP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Mine has expired so I opened a new account to use another code from here. Used the above one. I can post my new code @mods?

TMCADBZ

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭SparrowHawk

FYI - I've cancelled my subscription - No smtp traffic allowed & cannot connect to some sites on certain servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

FYI - I've cancelled my subscription - No smtp traffic allowed & cannot connect to some sites on certain servers.
    You mean e-mail? Why would you send e-mail through VPN?

What sites?

I don't use Black, their is much better alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

does skygo work through this vpn ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

v10 wrote: »
    does skygo work through this vpn ?

Post 377 on pg 26 vvv
    fugee wrote: »
    In Poland with work and this is working perfectly with Sky GO. Before using this sky go detected where I was and would not allow me to play sky sports. Happily looking all sll sky sports now. Can even see all bbc stuff.

Well recommended.

7.50 for 3 months with use of the code is great value.

Reminder of my code: JXMHMEP

I used the search this Thread link just under the pg numbers above ^^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

Post 377 on pg 26

Thanks

Advertisement