Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Student TravelCard grace period on Iarnrod Eireann?

• 09-01-2013 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if there is a grace period on the student travel cards for IE?
    I've heard from friends that there is a one month's grace period, but I can't find anything on the IE website.
    I can't get a travelcard in the meantime as the shop that sells them in college doesn't reopen until the 21st.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,240 ✭✭✭✭Victor

In fairness, a replacement could have been bought at any time up to expiry. A grace period is not a right.

When buying a ticket, I imagine they at least insist the card is current for the outward leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Up until Jan 20 you only need to show any student card, not the travelcard

http://www.irishrail.ie/cat_offers.jsp?i=4479&p=118&n=144&ci=4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Victor wrote: »
    In fairness, a replacement could have been bought at any time up to expiry. A grace period is not a right.

I wasn't exactly tripping over myself to buy on in the middle of exams.
    A grace period is not a right.

:confused: In fairness, nobody said it was.
    Up until Jan 20 you only need to show any student card, not the travelcard

http://www.irishrail.ie/cat_offers.jsp?i=4479&p=118&n=144&ci=4

Thanks. Looks like I'll be availing of the services of Bus Eireann instead of IE so. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Rothmans wrote: »
    I wasn't exactly tripping over myself to buy on in the middle of exams.

:confused: In fairness, nobody said it was.

Thanks. Looks like I'll be availing of the services of Bus Eireann instead of IE so. :pac:

Keep an eye on the website. Jan 20th was picked because that's date of new timetable. the student offer may be extended

Advertisement