Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Comments on Keeways?

Options
  • 02-01-2009 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Anybody have an information on what Keeways are like?

I'm currently looking into buying a 125 motor. After much searching its coming down to between a Yamaha ybr 125 and the keeway speed 125.

Since there is a grand in the difference I'm looking more towards the Keeway. Everybody is telling me that death and destruction will rain down upon me when i buy a keeway, but i dont have all too much money to spare and my 50cc vivacity is reaching the point of worthlessness so I am tempted.

Any thoughts or info would be greatly accepted, cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Keeway's make Baby Jesus cry ;). In the end you will save money by buying the Yamaha. It will last decades longer than they Keeway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Burklert

KTRIC wrote: »
    Keeway's make Baby Jesus cry ;). In the end you will save money by buying the Yamaha. It will last decades longer than they Keeway.

Figures. If i had the money the ybr would win hands down without any hassle. What is wrong in particular with them? Are they boomerang bikes that spend all their time being repaired or simple that they will fall apart after 2 weeks and an irish pothole?

I should have mentioned that both bikes will be brand new. One for 1.6k and the other for 2.5k both including the trade in of my old vivacity.

Cheets for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

The yamaha might be dearer now but it will be worth more than the Keeway in a year or so (possibly the day after you buy it if its new!) most people cant sell them on and get stuck with them or give/trade them for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭shaner

A ybr will last you more than a few years. I've heard bad things about Keeway's and rust. I'd give it a year at best to withstand Irish weather.

Plus you want something that you can get spares for easy in case anything happens to it. I've a DT 125 and the amount of spares out there for it were a god send.

Read up about "running in" a bike if you're buying from new and you'll be grand!

Advertisement