Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Georges St Arcade Piercing?

Options
  • 06-06-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Does anyone know how much it costs to get a Scaffold piercing In Georges st arcade?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Just don't do it ok! Go somewhere reputable. It will be worth the extra money.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just don't do it ok! Go somewhere reputable. It will be worth the extra money.

^ This. Seriously. Go somewhere reputable and get it done by a professional piercer.

Or get your ear butchered. Your call.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jimbo226

im gonna take the risk i just need to know the price

Sorry for being blunt, but you are either underage, or you don't give a shit about how it turns out. In either of those cases, you do NOT want to be letting them pierce through the cartilage in your ear.

Man all i need to know is the price

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just don't. Listen to the people here and get it done properly. You can either pay less and possibly end up with a deformed ear/scarring/infection/hepatitis or pay that bit more and have a healthy piercing. Dublin Ink do €20/25 piercing specials all the time if cost is an issue.

Thanks Do they even do scaffold's i cant seem to find it on the website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Getting a scabby ear from georges arcade is a right of passage for young dubs. It's practically tradition. Just let him learn like the rest of us.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

jimbo226 wrote: »
    Thanks Do they even do scaffold's i cant seem to find it on the website?

Yes, they do all piercings.

How much is it for scaffold In Dublin Inc then?

• Advertisement

How much is it for scaffold In Dublin Inc then?

€50 or so usually. But they do special offers every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

Keep an eye on their facebook page..
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dublin-Ink/192781146667

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

If somebody is jamming an extremely sharp piece of hardened metal through your skin, cutting through cartilage, you're better off going with someone who will do a good job for a few extra quid.
    You get what you pay for - either go with a cheap, ****ty piercer and risk a dreadful looking infected mess, or go with a professional in a proper studio who will do it correctly, safely and (probably) with a lot less pain involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I back this for Post of the Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I back this for Post of the Year.

I disagree. Post of the year will be in a few weeks time when he comes back for advice on how to deal with a butchered ear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

oh God, my sides

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Raven_Melody

Man all i need to know is the price

You might be better finding out the price of reconstructive surgery; to fix the mess your ear will be in after it gets infected.

50quid now or a few thousand later on - your call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

It really depends on whether you want to know the monetary cost, or the physical cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Friend of mine got it done there. He didn't like the angle it was done at so went to a proper piercer to ask if he could have it replaced with two seperate rings. Turned out as well having had the 'piercer' messing up the angle she had also pierced an ear which was totally unsuitable for a scaffold. The top of his ear was too thin and the bar had been digging into his ear and if it had been left longer it could have damaged the cartilage. I know it can be frustrating to want a piercing and not be able to afford it but it's much better to save up or look out for special offers. As others have said could end up costing you more in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 xEurophia

[Mod edit] Don't watch if you're easily grossed out! [/edit]

This will literally be you http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CInl0tCgv14#t=95s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

If somebody is jamming an extremely sharp piece of hardened metal through your skin, cutting through cartilage, you're better off going with someone who will do a good job for a few extra quid.
    You get what you pay for - either go with a cheap, ****ty piercer and risk a dreadful looking infected mess, or go with a professional in a proper studio who will do it correctly, safely and (probably) with a lot less pain involved.
    Friend of mine got it done there. He didn't like the angle it was done at so went to a proper piercer to ask if he could have it replaced with two seperate rings. Turned out as well having had the 'piercer' messing up the angle she had also pierced an ear which was totally unsuitable for a scaffold. The top of his ear was too thin and the bar had been digging into his ear and if it had been left longer it could have damaged the cartilage. I know it can be frustrating to want a piercing and not be able to afford it but it's much better to save up or look out for special offers. As others have said could end up costing you more in the long run.

^^This happened to me (not in George's arcade - I am not THAT thick, I thought the woman I went to was a reputable piercer, she had pierced plenty of people properly etc) She didn't take account that my ear wasn't suited to a scaffold (I woulda been bummed had she told me, I wanted one FOREVER, but I woulda got something else) and pierced it. The blood coming out of it the first night!!! I have a pic if anyone wants to see :P And then it started rejecting at the bottom and nearly ripped out of my ear. Luckily I went to a proper piercer (thanks Ken :D) and he took it out before there was any major damage. It is STILL sore tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 John22222

Does anyone know how much a tongue piercing is in George's arcade?

DON'T DO IT. That is all.

Could cost you your tongue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 John22222

hdowney wrote: »
    DON'T DO IT. That is all.
    Because it's George's arcade or just the piercing ?

John22222 wrote:
    Because it's George's arcade or just the piercing ?

Because it's Georges Arcade. By all means get your tongue pierced (that will be my next piercing) but go to a reputable piercer not these butchers. Cheap piercings are not worth it.

Advertisement