Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DAITH PIERCING FOR MIGRAINES- how painful?

• 01-09-2015 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

I have heard that Daith piercing can really reduce the severity of migraines as it hits of a pressure point.

Is it painful to get I am a wuss!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I can't imagine that being the case, as if it went through a pressure point/nerve, it'd cause extreme pain and could cause other problems too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

SATSUMA wrote: »
    I have heard that Daith piercing can really reduce the severity of migraines as it hits of a pressure point.

Well.. there might be something to it because when I get acupuncture the lady always comments - no point putting any in there, that point is already done! I wasn't going for migraines though.. and don't get any!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 BarryAlfaro

Its very painful,once my friend had it done and his nerve got hurt in the process and he was in pain for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Tiriel wrote: »
    Well.. there might be something to it because when I get acupuncture the lady always comments - no point putting any in there, that point is already done! I wasn't going for migraines though.. and don't get any!

double_facepalm.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭The Dogs Bollix

SATSUMA wrote: »

Did you ever get this done?

Heard the tragus can be pierced too to reduce migraines. Not sure which will be better to get pierced though.

Not afraid of the pain of getting it done, it would have to be better than migraine and vomiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

My tragus is pierced and I STILL get migraines (didn't get the piercing to reduce them, just got it cos I wanted it)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I have my tragus and daith pierced and still get migraines, it's nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

of course it's bloody nonsense

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I have both those piercings and I suffer badly from migraines.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I have a rock at home and I get no migranes. If any of the migrane sufferers are interested, I could be persuaded to part with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,697 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Orim wrote: »
    I have a rock at home and I get no migranes. If any of the migrane sufferers are interested, I could be persuaded to part with it.

I will give you 1700 Bolivian dollars for your organic cure!!! 1725 if it is gluten free!

Advertisement