Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mid 20's looking to meet people.

• 01-12-2015 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hey,

So basically my issue is I am mid 20's and have recently got a job for my career here in Dublin. All my mates have moved all over the country to different jobs and so I am looking for ways so I can go out there and meet people my age.

My work has no clubs and and I work with very few people all day so don't see anyone else in the company much.

I am also recently single and pretty much I have a lot of free time on my hands. It's bad for mental health to just eat, sleep, work, repeat and the longer it goes on the less likely I will do something about it.

I do go to the gym often as I used to play rugby but due to an injury I can't play very physical sports. I have been reading some of the old threads on here (after I removed the cobwebs) and saw some people suggesting netball?

Any other recommendations for meeting people? I will be honest too. Meeting girls is a bonus.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Something like a CrossFit gym with a good sense of community and regular events could be awesome for ya.

In my gym we're bringing a load of people to a powerliftng comp in January, Hell and Back is the week after, and we've our xmas party this month too.

Other side of the city to where you are, but you get the general idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Maybe try meetup, I did years ago when I was newly single and it was a good way to meet up with people, a lot of the meet ups were posted in multiple places (couchsurfing, etc) so often nobody knew if anyone knew anyone or how they were there.

I hear tag rugby (though maybe it's a bit wintery for that) is often referred to as shag rugby, so there is that too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I can recommend meetup.

Advertisement