Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Does the game randomly disconnect for no reason for anyone else? Seems to happen to me at least once a session. Really annoying :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Just got my code there!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

And mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,568 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

And not me, again fu blizz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭KilOit

Got mine as well :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

VinLieger wrote: »
    And not me, again fu blizz
    Only 2 left in the club? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Well holy crap, I just checked and I got a key too! Woop! Better late than never I guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Got into the Beta today, played the first few (I assume) tutorial battles. It seems fun. Is it mostly a multiplayer game or what?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

danthefan wrote: »
    Got into the Beta today, played the first few (I assume) tutorial battles. It seems fun. Is it mostly a multiplayer game or what?
    Yes; you can play against bots (advised to level up all characters to 10 so you unlock all basic cards) but the main gist is playing against another player in either constructed decks (you make your own deck with the cards you've got unlocked) or arena (you get to select 1 of three classes and pick one of three cards presented to you with out knowing what other cards you may get).

Arena cost 150 gold or 1.50 EUR as a reference (you get one game free but I'd not go there until you've unlocked all class cards and feel comfortable with the general styles).

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Only 2 left in the club? :D

Looks like, i've setup the blizz launcher and everything but still nada

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Nody wrote: »
    Yes; you can play against bots (advised to level up all characters to 10 so you unlock all basic cards) but the main gist is playing against another player in either constructed decks (you make your own deck with the cards you've got unlocked) or arena (you get to select 1 of three classes and pick one of three cards presented to you with out knowing what other cards you may get).

Arena cost 150 gold or 1.50 EUR as a reference (you get one game free but I'd not go there until you've unlocked all class cards and feel comfortable with the general styles).

Thanks.

Can barely beat the computer in the practice mode :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

danthefan wrote: »
    Thanks.

Can barely beat the computer in the practice mode :(
    It can be rough at the start and I'd recommend watching good streamers for more ideas. TotalBiscuit has a "Lord of the Arena" where he streams his arena attempts and explains what cards he picks, what the other guy did/should do/not do etc. I also like Force Strategy Gaming who streams reviews of builds posted around the internetz, what they are based on, key cards/combos and take them out and play them against random people to see how they perform in reality (his latest was a warlock giant based deck for example built around card draw and going low health). It does help if you're willing to buy some boosters though; at the start you're very limited in builds due to lack of cards (you don't need epics but rather common/rare cards to flesh out deck styles).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Do you get a free pack for every toon you get to level 10?

I'm enjoying it so far, only been playing against the ai though! Got the Hunter up to 10 this morning and went back to the mage and got her up to 6. Have bought a few packs but still don't really have enough cards.

Apart from getting everyone to at least 10 and buying packs, anyone have any advice or decent guides to being semi successful at this early stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

From my early experience it's difficult as **** against players until you level up a few characters and decks. After you start unlocking cards and start to get to grips with constructing a deck it gets a little easier to get the W

Do you get a free pack for every toon you get to level 10?
    Every character have 5 locked basic cards that you unlock at every second level (you get two copies of each card) so 2, 4 etc. Once you level all characters to 10 you get 100 gold (enough go buy 1 boster pack). Going beyond level 10 starts to unlock some class specific gold cards (every 5 or so levels) which is the same as the normal card but a rare version (and give more dust if disenchanted).
    Apart from getting everyone to at least 10 and buying packs, anyone have any advice or decent guides to being semi successful at this early stage?
    Look up the two channels I mentioned above; both comment and go through strengths/weaknesses with their decks and cards in general. I know Force did a decent pally deck based on what you unlock by default by level 10 for constructed for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Watch Trump on Twitch to learn all you need to know about Arena.

To be honest you aren't going to get far in constructed play unless you have got some decent cards.

Here's a list of all the "hidden" quests that reward money, you should use that money to buy Arena entries as this is much more cash efficient than just buying boosters, any arena result yields a booster worth 100G, entry is 150G, and generally to break even you need to be winning 3-5 games depending on the RNG for the rewards, 7 is the requirement to win enough gold (as well as a booster pack) to play the arena again without having to grind gold elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just got emailed a Beta key there, looks like there's a load of them gone out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

I'm not in the beta yet (just registered to be honest) but am I right in saying that it must be rock solid and not buggy at all now? Suppose they'll hold off releasing it till after Christmas at this stage though?

SK1979 wrote: »
    I'm not in the beta yet (just registered to be honest) but am I right in saying that it must be rock solid and not buggy at all now? Suppose they'll hold off releasing it till after Christmas at this stage though?
    Some bugs are still there and have been for ages (cards not returning to hand but floating over the field being the most common I've encountered, more annoying then anything).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I've had a bug where I've received the exact same cards as the last game and so had the AI. Literally the exact same order!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I've had a bug where I've received the exact same cards as the last game and so had the AI. Literally the exact same order!

When you play the AI Quests at the start the game is scripted and if you fail and have to retry then you play the same cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Inquitus wrote: »
    When you play the AI Quests at the start the game is scripted and if you fail and have to retry then you play the same cards.

That I know, this was when I was trying to level up different decks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Oh dear. I can see myself getting way too deep into this game.

Love the way the hero classes play just as they do in WoW. Warlock's life-tapping and sacrificing health for damage is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭KilOit

Loving it so far, first time playing this type of game so i'm sure the other card games are just as good, lost more games than i won but i'm certainly learning from it.
    Blizzard introduced me to MMO and now card games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Hearthstone seems to be lagging tonight both in the client and in game. Probably due to the increased load from new beta players.
    Love the way it waits til an arena game to actually disconnect me though. They really need to get the reconnect feature in ASAP; bit ridiculous for a game to drop you for no reason and give you a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Looks like I've been kicked out of the club.. :/

Please say I'm the last one to get a key...?

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Looks like I've been kicked out of the club.. :/

Please say I'm the last one to get a key...?

LOL as if, blizzard must have me on a blacklist or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

VinLieger wrote: »
    LOL as if, blizzard must have me on a blacklist or something

They really must because I only signed up two weeks ago and got a code today!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

I have a spare code, first to PM me gets it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,979 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    They really must because I only signed up two weeks ago and got a code today!

About three weeks ago and I got a code. No other active Blizzard games atm.

Advertisement