Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I got through to the Samaritans training course :) I got the call yesterday evening and was told I was a favourite - how lovely to hear that (although they probably said that to everyone :D ) I was absolutely thrilled.

Training begins in a few weeks, so looking forward to who else from the information night is through. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Yep, somewhat surprisingly!

We promise not to laugh about the page number.

For a while.... :P

Yes yes, I'm a Page 3 girl, har har!
    kate.m wrote: »
    Original sunday plan: get up early, start doing some study, run, other productive tasks...
    New sunday plan: eat 100g bar of dairymilk

Hi Kate! This is why I love this thread, makes me realise I'm not the only person who makes great plans and then abandons them for trashy tv and treats :)

Edit: Meant to say bubblefett, that's so scary, glad your gran is doing better and you were great in the crisis! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

musical.x wrote: »
    Hey Kate :)
    in fairness i think new Sunday plan is far better than the original :P
    what are you studying?

I'm trying to study chemistry and physics for college...and failing. I've yet to start studying properly...keep telling myself the exams are ages away :cool:

(...when they're actually not....:eek:)

Thanks for the welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Acoshla wrote: »

Hi Kate! This is why I love this thread, makes me realise I'm not the only person who makes great plans and then abandons them for trashy tv and treats :)

I know what you mean :) as far as I'm concerned I'm doing well to be out of my pyjamas on a Sunday...success in itself :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

bubblefett wrote: »
    Well, last night was one of the scariest of my life.

Parents joint 60th in their house, everyone was settling in and getting on, and myself and the OH started serving up dinner.
    My gran came in, asked for what she wanted- then just suddenly stopped. I thought she was struggling with the plate and her wine so I called over my friend to help her into the other room. Then my eyes locked with hers and I realised "F*** she's having a stroke."
    The next part was a blur but the OH explained it all to me after- I yelled for my mom and said to the OH "get the kids out of the room, she's having a stroke". She came running and we got to her just as her legs went from under her. We got her sitting and my aunt mom and sister kept talking to her while I ran out to call an ambulence.
    I put my nephews upstairs with a film on (all under 9, didn't want them to see anything), got my little cousins (13 and 15) out onto the road to look out for the ambulence. Had to calm my dad and uncle down from having a panic attack.
    When the ambulence finally arrived and took her away my aunts and uncles insisted the party keep going, saying gran would have wanted that. So me, the OH and my friend went around with loads of wine and beer and loaded everyone up on drink.
    The night went on, we got the call that granny was doing better (which called for more drink) and people seemed to enjoy themselves considering.

That moment when I saw it in her eyes though keeps playing through my mind, can't stop thinking about it. It was terrifying, I don't think I've ever been so so scared.

Oh my god **hugs** you did amazingly given the circumstances adn i dont think many of us could be that calm !! Your quick actions saved her so well done !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

I'm trying to study chemistry and physics for college...and failing. I've yet to start studying properly...keep telling myself the exams are ages away :cool:

(...when they're actually not....:eek:)

Thanks for the welcome :)

its the thought that counts sure....just write that on the exam paper and you should be fine*

*maybe slip in a €20 just in case :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I got through to the Samaritans training course :) I got the call yesterday evening and was told I was a favourite - how lovely to hear that (although they probably said that to everyone :D ) I was absolutely thrilled.

Training begins in a few weeks, so looking forward to who else from the information night is through. :)

Yay well done!! :D
    Acoshla wrote: »

What were you in the paper for Acoshla? :)

I has a 99.. nyom! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Anyone want to save me from myself and go halves on pizza tonight? :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

sure :pac:

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    What were you in the paper for Acoshla? :)

PM'd you :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm absolutely crying laughing at this gif. Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Laziest. Day. Ever. Rolled out of bed at 1 and got straight into the bath. Currently deepening the Honeyec-shaped depression in the couch. My sisters are going to the pub in a while but there is pretty much nothing that could induce me to get dressed and made-up today.

They may have to bring me momo dumplings back from the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

ugggghhhh too much sugar, too much sugar. This feels worse than an acid wine belly

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bubblefett wrote: »
    I knew relocating would have downsides :( :P

Yeah, the property prices are reasonable, but the time-lock makes for a bitch of a commute.

btw - family tree cake == class. Trying to figure out which of them is you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

ugggghhhh too much sugar, too much sugar. This feels worse than an acid wine belly

too....much....sugar? :confused:
    i'm sorry i don't understand :p you can never have enough sugar! :D

musical.x wrote: »
    too....much....sugar? :confused:
    i'm sorry i don't understand :p you can never have enough sugar! :D

You totally can. I've just had to abandon a cuppa cause there was too much sugar in it.

I think it might be time for wine instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Boys are confusing me.... :/

Bubblefett that sounds so scary, hope you're okay, and your gran. Sounds like you did everything correctly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Yeah, the property prices are reasonable, but the time-lock makes for a bitch of a commute.

btw - family tree cake == class. Trying to figure out which of them is you.

Favourite post in ladies lounge ever!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Thanks :D I'm the girl, middle second layer, with the dog :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Wow Bubblefett you should be proud of yourself. You did so amazingly in such a scary situation! Hope your Gran will be okay x

(also amazing cake :) )
    I've never posted here before (but I followed volume 3 and 4). I'm having a **** day. So I figure I might as well start....so Hello :)

Original sunday plan: get up early, start doing some study, run, other productive tasks...
    New sunday plan: eat 100g bar of dairymilk

(....I've been following this thread long enough to know that 100g of chocolate is nothing in comparison to cake, but I have no cake :( )

Welcome Kate.m! This thread is great for the procrastination/ plan abandoning ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

When you're stressed, you eat ice cream, cake, chocolate & sweets.
    Why?

Because STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

:eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Posy wrote: »
    Why?

My coffee mug says that :)

Ashley Banjo gives me the motions in a big way. Hubba hubba!

Father Ted quiz in Massimo in Galway tomorrow night! :eek: Goddammit I miss living in the city sometimes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Bubblefett, that sounds like such a scary experience. You did so well! Glad things worked out okay.

Kate.M, welcome to the thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Had a terrible, terrible day. My mother was on a suicidal rant again. :(
    Tis life, must move on and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Bubblefett, I hope your gran is okay! you were so brave in the circumstances, fair play to you!

Welcome to the thread, kate.m :)
    (I'm a newb too!)

So friggin' tired after a busy couple of days at work. Staying up until half one last night watching Geordie Shore probably didn't help :o

Hope everyone had a nice weekend :) Mine was entirely uneventful but I finally get to see the bf on Wednesday night until the weekend :)
    Also going to UCD Fashion Show...from what I've heard about it from a girl I know who's in it, it's like hair extensions at dawn or something. I'd much rather watch from a safe distance, and be able to eat carbs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Posy wrote: »
    Why?

Posy that's genius! :eek: :D
    Honey-ec wrote: »
    Ashley Banjo gives me the motions in a big way. Hubba hubba!

He's yummy.. Have Got to Dance Sky+'ed for later. :D
    Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Had a terrible, terrible day. My mother was on a suicidal rant again. :(
    Tis life, must move on and all that.

Hope you're okay Ophiopogon. Btw was it you that posted about a knitting pattern the other day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I practiced my typing for a teeny bit today and finished a (very easy) piece I've been learning on the piano.
    Now I'm starting to learn 'The Entertainer' but it's tougher than anticipated! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

About the Elefante pattern? yeah that was me...are you going to try it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement