Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Worztron

329445.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

Worztron wrote: »
    329445.jpg

What I would love to see happen is they knock, ask the question, and the guy pulls out a birth cert/document showing legal change of name and says "Hi, my name is Jesus! Great, you've found me!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Nice work god! (destroyed by lightning) :D

10383102_792766940761550_8489108369218480752_n.jpg?oh=03675f389e9b00fd78bb41948043cae6&oe=5518E842&__gda__=1427492858_0fc7e510f2bc54a90ca8dda8091fa773

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Nice work god! (destroyed by lightning) :D

Praise Thor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Praise Thor!

Odin here, I am pleased with your worship of my creation. Much thanks.

• Advertisement

329572.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

Very interesting Comic titled - How to Suck at your religion http://theoatmeal.com/comics/religion

Yawlboy wrote: »
    Very interesting Comic titled - How to Suck at your religion http://theoatmeal.com/comics/religion

Funniest thing I've seen in a while, and yet soooooo right.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

329572.jpg

Hmm.

Possible Spider-Man religion pros and cons:

Pro:

The more sciencey thou are the higher chance you will end up with improbably hot women, possibly models or actresses.

Con:

The more thou care about someone the more chance they will be shot or die in a plane crash.

Pro:

Ye shall have and use superpowers. Sometimes responsibly.

Con:

Ye shall mope on top of buildings about how terrible it is to have super powers.

Pro:

Thou shall create miracles of science, like web fluid and GPS like tracking in the 60s.

Con:

Ye shall use these miracles to shoot goo in peoples faces while dressed in long johns.

Hmmm....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Con:

Ye shall use these miracles to shoot goo in peoples faces while dressed in long johns.

Hmmm....

How is that a con? That was an atypical Thursday night when I was in college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

1779360_10152846905251605_7093977928509164437_n.jpg?oh=1ad0fae8bafaea5a4b815a6048e81054&oe=550AD826&__gda__=1427611468_ccfc3a90cb25ed8eeca6035e10909073

• Registered Users Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Hmm.

Possible Spider-Man religion pros and cons:

Pro:

The more sciencey thou are the higher chance you will end up with improbably hot women, possibly models or actresses.

Con:

The more thou care about someone the more chance they will be shot or die in a plane crash.

Pro:

Ye shall have and use superpowers. Sometimes responsibly.

Con:

Ye shall mope on top of buildings about how terrible it is to have super powers.

Pro:

Thou shall create miracles of science, like web fluid and GPS like tracking in the 60s.

Con:

Hmmm....

Con: The movies which you star in are ****e. :pac:

329684.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

I know you may have seen this but it's short and funny.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

God speaks to a schizophrenic, atheistic programmer who designs and codes TempleOS.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/gods-lonely-programmer

Here's the OS charter:
    • TempleOS is God's official temple. Just like Solomon's temple, this is a community focal point where offerings are made and God's oracle is consulted.
    • God said 640x480 16 color graphics is a covenant like circumcision. Children will do offerings. Think of 16 colors like the Simpson's cartoons.
    • God said to use a single audio voice -- a single frequency with waveforms.
    • God said His temple must be perfect. We don't think twice about breaking compatibility.
    • The vision is the same usage model and niche as the Commodore 64 -- a non-networked, simple machine where programming was the goal, not just a means to an end. However, it is modern, 64-bit and multi-cored. It is special purpose, not general purpose, so some things it will not do. Also, it's a kayak, not a Titanic.
    • We do not put any hooks for future changes. "Perfect" means we always act as though it is final, for all time. Microsoft allowed the Windows BMP file format to adapt to the future and it became grotesque.
    • Low line count is the highest good, so it is easy to learn the whole thing. Users should see the light at the end of the tunnel. One file system, for example, is better than many file systems.
    • There is a limit of 100,000 lines of code for all time, not including applications and demos. Code comments count, however. 3rd party libraries are banned because they circumvent the intent of this limit. The vision is a Commodore 64 ROM -- a fixed core API that is the only dependency of applications. Currently, there are 80,668 lines of code.
    • Minimal abstraction is a goal. Sheep are fools. They always respect a design that is more complicated than another. Any genius can make it complicated. Like in physics, it takes a supra-genius to make it simple.
    • One platform. x86_64 PC compatibles.
    • One driver for each class of device. Limited exceptions are allowed. With divergent device capabilities, it is a nightmare for user applications and what is gained? A three button mouse is like a leg you cannot put weight on.
    • Ring-0-only. Everything runs in kernel mode, including user applications.
    • Full access to everything. All memory, I/O ports, instructions, and similar things must never be off-limits. All functions, variables and class members will be accessible. There are no C++ public/private protections and all functions, even secondary ones in the kernel, can be called.
    • Single-address-map as though paging is not used. Long mode requires paging, however, so the nearest thing is keeping all memory identity-mapped.
    • No networking, so malware is not an issue.
    • No encryption or passwords. Files are compressed, not encrypted.
    • Free and public domain.
    • 100% open source with all source included.
    • Documents are not for printing. They're dynamic, intended for the screen.
    • Just one 8x8 fixed-width font. No Unicode, just Extended ASCII.
    • No multimedia. Sounds and images will be primarily calculated in real-time, not fetched from storage.
    Minimal abstraction isn't a bad thing. The rest is a little special.

329802.jpg

329858.jpg

snip

As I was scrolling down the page, I saw the speech balloon. I just KNEW who the guy would be before I had actually seen it. Anyone else?

329913.jpg

329939.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,702 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

329941.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

329942.jpg

SW wrote: »
    329941.jpg

Well, that didn't take long...

330062.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Case closed:

2e6fols.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

10801496_833492396702849_8221865148079189696_n.png?oh=641857e1b40b4407ffc92c786963c9e2&oe=55071782&__gda__=1427369054_c4d49cad22938d906267a7c2dc42566c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

smacl wrote: »
    Why the Irish Elk became extinct

DSC4163.jpg

i suspect it had more to do with how tasty it was

330211.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Hmmmmmmmm... About that breeding programme, Noah...

dRsBOId.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

religion-god-religion-wow-stupid-demotivational-poster-1257819265.jpg

Advertisement