Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pasta Quest: DMV. Esoteric Edition.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

UDP wrote: »
    Sent via registered post.

Included a letter too explaining how it might look strange to a non-pastafarian that I have a colander on my head but that I take my religion seriously and that it is not a joke. I also said that I have no doubt I will be treated like any other religious person who submits a photo of themselves wearing a religious head covering.

Legend :D
    There should be a subsection on A+A for pastafarian rights :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Show us the pic. G'wan. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

*follows thread* :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

[-0-] wrote: »
    Show us the pic. G'wan. :)

Go on.
    You can blacken out your eyes so nobody knows you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

ok so i seen this on the front page of boards. I just passed my Theory test last night, and i am a staunch atheist.

I have yet to get the eye test report and send it all off to get my learner license so do i still have an opportunity to wear my "Pastafarian Religious Headwear" too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

I will post a copy of my drivers license when it is issued.

My registered post has been marked as delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Clicks follow thread:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

My friend did it before but the lady in the tax office gave her a very hard time over it. Now anytime she sees that lady in town she just drives pasta....

I have no coat so I shall just leave......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Klair88 wrote: »
    ok so i seen this on the front page of boards. I just passed my Theory test last night, and i am a staunch atheist.

I have yet to get the eye test report and send it all off to get my learner license so do i still have an opportunity to wear my "Pastafarian Religious Headwear" too?
    Yes. Two passport photos signed on the back by yourself and youre sorted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

frag420 wrote: »
    I have no coat so I shall just leave......

And don't come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Beruthiel wrote: »
    And don't come back.

Aw. But I have his coat!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Aw. But I have his coat!

Can you please return it as I'm feeling cannelloni without it!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

might be abit early i guess but any update yet?

Nope, nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I've been waiting on a simple registration change of address since mid July, so don't get your hopes up.
    Shannon is overwhelmed with tax-dodging west of Ireland car owners trying to legitimise themselves in advance of SORN.

Life ain't always empty.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

ninja900 wrote: »
    I've been waiting on a simple registration change of address since mid July, so don't get your hopes up.
    Shannon is overwhelmed with tax-dodging west of Ireland car owners trying to legitimise themselves in advance of SORN.

Not as overwhelmed as Tralee judging by the report I heard on the radio yesterday. Apparently there are an awful lot of cars 'off the road' sitting in fields in Kerry. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

* Follow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

OU812 wrote: »
    * Follow

Psst (There's a button up the top and bottom of the thread, beside post reply to follow/unfollow a thread! ) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

(was on a mobile)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Any update or backlog still delaying things?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

This discussion of pastafarianism is offending me. I can see as I'm the only real pastafarian here that your attempt to copy me without really believing in the FSM is an attempt at causing deep offence to me and my people.

I hope that Dav steps in here and bans you for your highly illegal behaviour.

/sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

enda1 wrote: »
    This discussion of pastafarianism is offending me. I can see as I'm the only real pastafarian here that your attempt to copy me without really believing in the FSM is an attempt at causing deep offence to me and my people.

I am offended by your [taking] offence, etc., etc., ad nauseam...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Pherekydes wrote: »
    I am offended by your [taking] offence, etc., etc., ad nauseam...

As a practicing diabetic who worships daily with the holy needle I find the carbohydrate fetishism of Pastafarianism to be an abomination and I DEMAND 25 k euro in small, unmarked bills to sooth my outrage. :mad:

Cabaal wrote: »
    Any update or backlog still delaying things?
    Nothing yet. It is over 4 weeks now. If I don't hear anything by Wednesday next week I will ring them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

UDP wrote: »
    Nothing yet. It is over 4 weeks now. If I don't hear anything by Wednesday next week I will ring them.
    I can just imagine an office admin pointedly not looking at the envelope that's been sitting on their desk for the past three. It's really a lose-lose for them. If they disallow it, they just know a shítstorm is going to descend, if they allow it, they must figure it'll be in the papers before long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

If you have to wear your sacred head gear for a drivers licence photo for religious reasons,do you have to be wearing it at all times when driving.. ie
    If a Garda pulls you over to check your licence and you're not sporting your colander could /should you done for .... Well taking the piss

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Markcheese wrote: »
    If you have to wear your sacred head gear for a drivers licence photo for religious reasons,do you have to be wearing it at all times when driving.. ie
    If a Garda pulls you over to check your licence and you're not sporting your colander could /should you done for .... Well taking the piss
    I don't see why? Maybe the FSM has a thing about vehicle related photo opportunities but doesn't really care for the actual vehicle operation?

The whole point of FSM is to demonstrate the arbritrariness of religious customs imo. They can't really turn around and tell you that "no, sorry you don't believe that" because it's been enshrined in law that everyones entitled to their own personal interpretation of beliefs.

Markcheese wrote: »

Unless he's a minister for the church of the FSM, I don't see how he has the authority to question a person's belief in the FSM.

I'd find it massively offensive for somebody to question me.

Would it be any different to stopping a catholic and claiming they don't believe in jesus/god because they don't have a religious symbol on them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Cabaal wrote: »
    I'd find it massively offensive for somebody to question me.
    A substantial part of me is outraged at that.

Where's my €25,000?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

25k is becoming our new meme.

Advertisement