Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead - Season 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just saw telltale put up a pic of clems hat and saying season 2 29th october. probably a launch trailer but cant f*cking wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

have they made any announcement on this today, it is today isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

clementinecampfire-1.jpg
    clementinephoto-1.jpg
    clementineshed-1.jpg
    clementinetable-1.jpg
    walkerstruggle-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Eurghhh Telltale, I love you but tell me when I can buy your games, damn it

• Advertisement

Cleeeeeem!!!!! Need to play this ASAP! When the hell is 'soon'?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Nope. Nope. I'm not sure I could go through another season of this. Bad enough when I was fretting after Clem as Lee, now I'm playing as her? I'll be a wreck by the end of it all, I just know it :(:D

Anyone know how much time is between seasons 1 and 2? Clem looks a little older in those screenshots...

I'd say 400 days have passed and the lads from the dlc will be introduced in some way. Anyone know how long passed through the 1st season. Wasnt it 3 months between ep 1 and 2? And the dead body of ye know who in 400 days looked like it was there quiet a while.

Clem will have grown a lot and seeing that pic if her loking at a photo of lee, id say this is gonna be another rough play through. Looks like a release in November #f*cknextgen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Is the 400 days dlc worth getting then?

• Advertisement

Definitely if you are a fan of season 1, well worth a fiver. The ending hints at something that might be in place for season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

if you're on PC, 400 days is only $1.25 on amazon.com right now.

Season 1 was highlight of last year for me!

Yupp Season 1 was my GOTY last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

mrkite77 wrote: »

How class would a Firefly game by Telltale be! They said there will be no crossover to/from tv show. This is a good thing for me anyway. On one of the last tv episodes, michonne looks at a map showing Macon. Instant dread in case they try and make some of the game characters for the tv show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I would have preferred if they left they old season the way it was. I don't like that Clem features to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

In a bid to prepare myself for the announcement today, I downloaded 400 Days last night on Xbox. But after accepting the prompt about the autosave, the screen just went black. Only Google results direct me to pirate sites :S Any ideas?

Looking forward to Season 2, but somewhat fearful too. Will have to mull over how I feel about playing as Clem. But I like that we (probably) start alone and therefore build relationships with other characters from the ground up. Was more worried about being thrown into another survivor group....and possibly meeting Clem through someone else, which would have been weird.

After playing Season 1 and the first episode of The Wolf Among Us, I really hope Telltale manages to sort out framerate issues though.

🤪

Yeah, I thought we would control a few people and meet clem in one if the episodes but wouldn't be realistic as everyone would just want to take care if her straight away. Its good we are controlling clem, id say we will see a lit off lee in her, maybe even some lee lines and I can see clem taking care of another person in this, probably a child but I can definitely see some bad eggs trying to take advantage of clem. Telltale not afraid to go to dark places, I think season 2 has great potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Pre-Order is up.....and ....Bought ! :D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/261030/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Out of curiosity, does buying the game now mean you get access to all the episodes when they are released periodically? Or do you have to buy each episode when it's released? I bought the Walking Dead when all it's episodes were released initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Out of curiosity, does buying the game now mean you get access to all the episodes when they are released periodically? Or do you have to buy each episode when it's released? I bought the Walking Dead when all it's episodes were released initially.

You can buy a season pass which will get you all the episodes for a bit cheaper than if you bought them individually.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Pre-Order is up.....and ....Bought ! :D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/261030/

Just a heads up that if you pre order from telltale website it works out around €17, little bit cheaper than steam and straight to the developers

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    After playing Season 1 and the first episode of The Wolf Among Us, I really hope Telltale manages to sort out framerate issues though.

Not that I know how they'd fix it, but Telltale's engine appears to be pretty sh1te. Definitely my biggest problem with the first Walking Dead series was the "Oh my god, something shocking is happening!" - wait 20 seconds - hit two buttons - wait 10 seconds, nonsense. And it seems there isn't a pc in the world that can prevent it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Not that I know how they'd fix it, but Telltale's engine appears to be pretty sh1te. Definitely my biggest problem with the first Walking Dead series was the "Oh my god, something shocking is happening!" - wait 20 seconds - hit two buttons - wait 10 seconds, nonsense. And it seems there isn't a pc in the world that can prevent it.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Nothing like that ever happened on my playthroughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Kirby wrote: »
    I have no idea what you are talking about. Nothing like that ever happened on my playthroughs.

Okay I might be exagerrating just a tiny bit. I did, however, experience lag spikes which routinely broke the immersion and just generally made the game feel rough, usually during scene transitions.

Googling around, on PC it might have been more of an issue for people with AMD graphics cards or maybe something else either. It also appears that some people experienced game-breaking lag on consoles.

Despite that, I did really enjoy the Walking Dead, but it dampens my enthusiasm for a sequel all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well I can imagine it might dampen your enthusiasm all right if that was the case. I have a very beefy PC with an NVidia card that can run anything and my walking dead experience was as smooth as silk.

My sister played through it on her middle of the road laptop with an AMD card and she found it glitch free also.....so I dunno. I'd heard that some console users had save issues and some minor fps issues but that the PC version was largely fine. It's not exactly a demanding game compared to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Grimebox wrote: »
    I would have preferred if they left they old season the way it was. I don't like that Clem features to be honest.

Have people really been hurt so bad by bad story endings that they prefer no story endings at all? The story from the old season wasn't finished, I'm glad that they are actually going to continue it and hopefully give it a proper ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Sand

But we did have an ending to that groups story in Season One - a fantastic ending. Why not close that chapter and open a new story?

What "proper ending" are we looking towards? Something like: "Clem kills the last zombie. A vaccine is found. Contemporary western civilisation is restablished - taxes, tabloids and traffic jams. Clem gets a job as a petrol pump attendant. Turns to drink and drugs to deal with the PTS and a nagging sense of failure. Days merge into weeks, months and years. Blows her brains out at 35. The End!" Something like that?

I get why they went with Clem again - I do. There's practically a Clem cult over at their official forums (and a Kenny cult which is completely inexplicable to me given what a tool he was - Lilly was more sympathetic as a character) and you rarely go wrong giving the fans what they want. But it does seem tacked on. I am looking forward to Season 2, based on 400 Days which I enjoyed, but the Clem thing seems to signal that TTG aren't confident in their new characters or new story (wrongly in my view), that they need some guest appearances to keep things afloat. But hey, what do I know, they make their living from this. I don't.

• Advertisement

Why the sceptisim about season 2 when it's not even out yet? TTG could pull out another masterpiece with Clem being the main protagonist then close the story.

I'm sure they have had a long term story in mind when starting out the series considering strong and story driven the game was.

Advertisement