Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Rionegro Escalation, Aug 17th and 18th, Bellurgan Park.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

sliabh wrote: »
    ...this was just intended to be a reminder that we haven't gone away you know.

I don't need any reminders. The anticipation is killing me! :mad:
    I just want to forget all about this event until it's actually time to go! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

422nd wrote: »
    I don't need any reminders. The anticipation is killing me! :mad:
    I just want to forget all about this event until it's actually time to go! :o

Tsk, then you won't be ready. And you might miss useful information...

Tsk, then you won't be ready. And you might miss useful information...

I was born ready! :pac:

So what is the nick name of the notorious Rionegro War Criminal wanted for various battlefield atrocities, and for the bombing of the San Soles embassy in the Rionegron capital of San Pedro?

So what is the nick name of the notorious Rionegro War Criminal wanted for various battlefield atrocities, and for the bombing of the San Soles embassy in the Rionegron capital of San Pedro?

Leave that with me. I know a guy who knows a guy.

• Advertisement

Good! He wasn't worth the money it cost the government to keep him alive in prison!

422nd wrote: »
    Good! He wasn't worth the money it cost the government to keep him alive in prison!
    Spoken like a true Republicano. But what secrets has he taken to his grave?

Spoken like a true Republicano. But what secrets has he taken to his grave?

None that can't be found elsewhere.

REP_ORBAT.gif
    Not pictured - commander's names, unit sizes and radio channel allocations. All vital intel to be hunted down...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭Evade

Instead let me ask, who wants to be a Faction Commander? We are taking applications from interested parties now. Take on the responsibility for leading an entire Faction (about 2 full platoons in strength). There are a few perks with the role, including free tickets.
    Will you be taking applications for section leaders too or will they be picked on the day?

Evade wrote: »
    Will you be taking applications for section leaders too or will they be picked on the day?
    Like last year, the application form will allow you to say you are interested in a command role. You can specify which of Faction Commander, Unit Commander, or Section Leader you would like to go for.

We will pick the Faction Commander and Unit Commanders in advance of the fame. The Unit Commander then will work with volunteers to pick Section Leaders. Some will be chosen in advance, and some on the day.

Barring accidents (or mutiny*) the Commander's will not change over the game. But we did have some rotation in Section Leaders. It gives people a break, and allows people to step up to the role for a while.

* who can forget the infamous circumstances with the Heavies where they gathered over $100,000 to ransom back their Unit Commander from the drugs cartel, just so they could execute him themselves.

A few words about the IVth International Brigade.

Jorge Gallardo: Profile of "The Butcher" of Rionegro.

We have a big update on ticket sales and booking on our website.

Tickets will go on sale online and in shops from Thursday.

We are looking for a few good men or women to be faction commanders.
    fcmap2.gif

11 hours in and 115 tickets sold. That's more than half, and three times more than we sold in the same period last year. We sell out the initial 200 within a week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭SentinelStance

Glad you reminded us they were selling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Send my pm there, sorry if it's a long one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

We have joined the Domiguan Airborne, now to get planning for death from above ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

S.E.A.L.s wrote: »
    We have joined the Domiguan Airborne, now to get planning for death from above ;)

now to start planning some "cannon fodder" missions.............. :eek:

Tickets update for Saturday evening.

It is now 58 hours after we opened sales and we have sold 163 tickets – the same number that we sold over three months for Rionegro Initiative last year. The whole team is sort of stunned at the level of demand there has been for the game. At this instant there are just 13 places left – 1 in the Heavies, and 12 in the 25th Light Infantry. I would guess that they will probably be gone tomorrow, and certainly will be sold out by Monday.

We are talking with the Bellurgan guys about releasing an additional block of tickets. If we do this then:

We will only do this once, and we would release ~50 tickets.
    The tickets would be for the 4 large units only:
    • Domiguan 2nd Airborne
    • Heavies
    • 25th Light Infantry
    • IVth International Brigade
    There will be no more tickets for the ISOA or Los Gringos.
    We are going to make a decision and announcement on this during the week. And we will also make a decision on whether we will also release a limited number of “Reinforcements” tickets. These would be for Sunday only. In both cases we need to make sure we can make this work from a game play perspective – we have to be able to handle such numbers, and get new players integrated into the missions and story. And more importantly we need to be able to do it safely – we will need to manage and marshal a group that would be nearly twice the size of last year’s game.

For the moment the focus remains sorting out as many of the booking issues as possible this evening and tomorrow. There will be updates in the coming days.

As an aside on all this, it is interesting is that the more MilSim orientated the unit, the faster it sold out. Hopefully this strong vote for in MilSim will lead to more of these games on sites around the country!

And secondly this is a big vote of confidence from the Irish Airsoft player community in the Rionegro game, and in the great team we have pulled together to organise this. Thank you! Of course, having bought-out all the tickets it now falls to us to deliver!

And they are gone! The whole event booked out in 4 days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Any news on tickets for the sunday? I know someone interested in one because they can't make the friday and saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Any news on the extra tickets

Please give us a few days to sort out the last of the booking issues. And we need to get all the players registered for the game forums. An announcement will be made later this week on additional tickets - whether they will happen or not.

Ticket update: We will release an additional 30 tickets on Thursday the 27th of June.

We need a volunteer to play the notorious war criminal - "The Butcher"

If you are a registered player, and you think you can stay hidden for 27 hours while being hunted by several units, then let us know.

• Advertisement

We have made some small changes to the game rules. These mainly clarify the following:
    • The magazine restrictions for support guns.
    • The difference between a field dressing and a trauma pad.
    • Failing a stress test once means you have answer three questions. You don't
    • have to do the test once for each question.
    • Building-base rules updated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement