Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Website wont load for me either. Still, happy to hear I got in. Girlfriend wont like it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

Website wasn't working for me wither but finally worked there a few mins ago. The code is under the voucher section, so just redeemed it on PSN and its now downloading!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,904 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

got in as well, but page not loading yet, is it a big download ?

can't wait to try it out

2smiggy wrote: »
    got in as well, but page not loading yet, is it a big download ?

can't wait to try it out
    1671mb so not too big, it says on the beta page there is a patch of 170mb that needs to be installed too before the servers come online on Saturday at 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Ohhhhhh got the email... this will be epic :D

• Advertisement

got it downloading, to get to the beta code took me a while, and plenty of reloading. Trying to read the terms now. does it mean if no servers till saturday , can we still play it off line ??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

got it downloading, to get to the beta code took me a while, and plenty of reloading. Trying to read the terms now. does it mean if no servers till saturday , can we still play it off line ??

I'll tell you in 7 minutes...

At 32% downloaded myself. I'm heading for a few pints at 10 so would not mind a crack at it for a few minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

yay its downloading :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

can we still play it off line ??

No, needs the server. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Shame it doesnt go live until saturday

ah jesus , how the hell am i suppose to survive for two days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Like playing games in beta but for some reason Dark Soul 2 beta is something i really dont wanna experience.

Ah well :( , I have 2 long days work starting tomorrow , so Saturday night is not too bad. At least it will be ready to go then. Pity can't do a bit of single player messing about

Like playing games in beta but for some reason Dark Soul 2 beta is something i really dont wanna experience.

Hopefully it won't show too much , and just be a trial run for the online.

It's just march is so far away , I'm too impatient to wait till then !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

By the looks of it we only get to play it for 2 hours on Saturday. Wonder if we'll get to play it again or is it we get in this time and next time someone else gets the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I got the beta code. Will try and get a few hours play time tonight. Tough to balance this with GTA Online & BF4 beta and attempting a normal social life :(

I got the beta code. Will try and get a few hours play time tonight. Tough to balance this with GTA Online & BF4 beta and attempting a normal social life :(
    its only a network test so we can only play it tomorrow night from 8pm to 10pm so plenty of time for gta online!

I'm working till 12 tomorrow night , is the beta really only just for 2 hours :( ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

God damn it anyway. Not back till Monday

• Advertisement

Decided I need this so I'm currently installing it on the brothers fat ps3 on our 1-2mb internet. Should be installed before 8. Hopefully I'll be able to play.

I'm mostly curious to see if it looks as good as it did at eurogamer. Visuals were really crisp and the framerate was solid throughout the demo I played. It was on ps3 too.

finished with the beta , highly highly highly impressed , even with miyazaki departure from the series the new director seems to have done alot of cool and interesting things .

Feels very much like a hybrid of dark souls and demons souls with a heavy more effiences on humanity being played a bigger part.

Explored all that could been explored and bet the boss and a invader :D

Loving the new engine and the addition of dedicated servers will be so satisfying when you have two proper combants slug it out and prove their skill

The series has layed a solid foundation and i am so glad things have not changed.

Bring on the release date to the my game of the year for 2014 :D

Yup.Game was pretty impressive. Played pretty much solid all the way through.

I did notice small drops in the framerate. Nothing drastic and nowhere near as bad as Dark Souls could be. Even with that the game has another 5 months until it releases.

On the demo itself, I picked the soldier, first character. Think I finished up on level 51, maybe a little less. Pretty I explored the whole area. Beat 2 bosses and invaded and killed another player.

Wasn't a huge fan of the leveling up. All you can see are little images for what to level up (may have been the same in Dark Souls) and usually I had to click select and go through them to figure out what each one was. Hopefully they'll just add names to each one.

Roll on the 27th :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Was this test ps3 only?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Didn't finish the beta, kept getting an error code so couldn't invade/summon/be summoned ect but could see phantoms, read messages and touch blood stains. So far it was EPIC. Hopefully this is spoiler free... I really really like the play on light and dark and the torch mechanic. You either have a shield and compete with the dark or a torch and lose the majority of your defense (unless I'm missing some way of keeping a lit torch) Hopefully the trade off is throughout the game because I honestly explored every area that wasn't fully lit twice :D`The light effects are awesome and the cloth/grass effects too, I remember dragons dogma and the torch/light effects and wishing Dark Souls had something similar.

Fecking March is an age away :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Fecking missed the window to play :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

wexdevil wrote: »
    Fecking missed the window to play :'(

Wait it's hardly over already?

Big Knox wrote: »
    Wait it's hardly over already?

It was only a network test. They'll be doing another one on the 27th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

tok9 wrote: »
    It was only a network test. They'll be doing another one on the 27th

Damn thought it would be live for a few days at least. Will have to set a reminder for the 27th!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Thoroughly enjoyed my time with the game, was hesitant with a new director on board, but he has kept the game we love and added a few cool new touches.

Advertisement