Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SU Elections '12

Options
  • 09-02-2012 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

It's that time of the year again, nomination close on friday (let's hope everyone gets their forms in on time this year), elections are on from 29th Feb to 1st Mar.

Karl Gill(2nd Social Science) officially launched his campaign for C&C today.

There's a few more unofficial announcements and rumours flying around.

Let the games begin!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

bbuzz wrote: »
    It's that time of the year again, nomination close on friday (let's hope everyone gets their forms in on time this year), elections are on from 29th Feb to 1st Mar.

Let the games begin!

Are they having the new constitution referendum at the same time? That means these elections will (most likely) become defunct and a new round set will have to take place, doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Let the games begin!

He did himself no favours calling that UGM....
    pljudge321 wrote: »
    Are they having the new constitution referendum at the same time? That means these elections will (most likely) become defunct and a new round set will have to take place, doesn't it?

Nah, afaik the changes to sabbat positions will only take place the year after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Wonderful, looking forward to voting for whoever's running against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

Paddy Guiney is also running for C&C.. He seems very enthusiastic about it. I say he could do a good job. Hes done a good bit this year while as sports officer.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

James Atkinson looks like he will be in that race, very popular and think he would do a great job as very enthusiastic and energetic

• Advertisement

Hes also got quite a strong stomach from seeing him during freshers week! Loved the attention and the spotlight.. He'd probably also do a pretty good job :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Paddy Guiney has announced for C&C and Sam Geoghegan has done the same for education.

EDIT: James Atkinson has also declared for C&C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Just to draw everyones attention to this thread - if you want to continue discussing SU elections, please go there first and declare any allegiances. Obviously this doesn't apply to posts before this one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I have no alllegiences but doesnt matter for this one anyway,

I dont know who it was but i signed a form for someone seekng nomination for education in the studnet bar tonight. Wont be uncontested this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭bbuzz

Darcy is not running re-election and has endorsed heffo (Eoin Heffernan) for Ents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

Rachel Breslin is running for President.

Announcements were made at 6 an hour after nominations closed
    President: Rachel Breslin

Campaigns and Communications: Aisling Sheerin, Karl Gill, James Atkinson and Paddy Guiney.

Education: Patrick Wolohan, Shane Comer, Sam Geoghegan

Welfare: Mícheál Gallagher and Enda Conway

Ents: Eoin Heffernan.

That's from the Tribune's status, couldn't get the quote tags to work :S

Surprised Wolohan decided to run for something :/ Dunno who'll bag education.

Dont care about C&C in the slightest. Hope RON clinches it, he's so persistent, running every year and that.

It's pretty clear who'll win the rest :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bailarinabela

I have no alliances with any of the candidates, but I will not be voting someone in again if I saw no value in their work this term. I am unsure why the current education officer is running again after the recent issues.

The only one I'm certain of so far is Gallagher for Welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

It's telling that I don't even know who the education officer was this year :o

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gradlife

Bluefox21 wrote: »
    It's telling that I don't even know who the education officer was this year :o

Sam Geoghegan, in saying that, I have no idea what he's done. So he's either really bad at P.R. or really bad at the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

gradlife wrote: »
    Sam Geoghegan, in saying that, I have no idea what he's done. So he's either really bad at P.R. or really bad at the job.

Saying that I'm probably being unfair seeing as I haven't really had cause to use the education officer this year. Anyone know anything about the other candidates?

Shane Comer is going for Education aswell, Hes a third year science student.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Patrick Wolohan was this years Gender equality officer he's going for Edu too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

errlloyd wrote: »
    Patrick Wolohan was this years Gender equality officer he's going for Edu too.

That would be certainly be an interesting event.

What has he done as gender equality officer?...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

Ah yes, the time of year when students do everything they can to put off going out into the real world.

What do any of them feckers do except get off their faces on pills and try bum smokes off me in the student bar (yea i know who you are i saw your mug on the posters. and thats the only reason i know who you are)

god if i get any of them dumb oompa loompas trying to pressure me into voting tits mcgee for sausage roll officer there will be shlaps (or just polite no's but in my head there will be shlaps)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

1281920725032.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Who are the KBCers?

Paddy Guiney, Heffo, Sam G... Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭bbuzz

Anyone notice Paddy Guiney's campaign video:

Is a copy of the Euro 2012 qualification video

(start at 48:59)

Which is itslef a copy of the Dublin Airport ad from 2 year ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Anyone notice Paddy Guiney's campaign video:

Is a copy of the Euro 2012 qualification video

(start at 48:59)

Which is itslef a copy of the Dublin Airport ad from 2 year ago?

No?!

Most clever/well made campaign videos are lifted from somewhere else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Fad wrote: »
    Most clever/well made campaign videos are lifted from somewhere else.

True that. It aint' exactly the scandal of the century! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 reno123

Who are the KBCers?

Paddy Guiney, Heffo, Sam G... Anyone else?

Dunno where the Heffo thing came from, he signed up in 1st year but hasn't been a member since!?

reno123 wrote: »
    Dunno where the Heffo thing came from, he signed up in 1st year but hasn't been a member since!?

Once a hack, always a hack :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 reno123

Fad wrote: »
    Once a hack, always a hack :P

Those pesky KBC'ers offering discounted trips away to ruin reputations :)

Advertisement