Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Diablo 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

i cant believe i will say this, but i am sooooooooooooo dont give a flying poo about it. if i would have said this date before xmas i would cream my pants.
    I just so burned out of diablo 3. it takes them so much time that i dont have any excitement left over. i will still pick it up on may 15, but i am not counting days an hours now. i will just go pick it up like any other game.

Ridiculously early game announcements are the worst thing ever. Diablo 3 was first announced in June 2008 ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Fnz wrote: »
    Ridiculously early game announcements are the worst thing ever. Diablo 3 was first announced in June 2008 ffs.

indeed. 4 years in now. all my hype fizzelled out back in 2011 :D.

i was expecting it for xmas or after xmas. was saving up my holidays so i could take few weeks off and enjoy some diablo 3. now i wont even take day off and most likely pick up my copy of diablo after work etc.

i am saying this now, but who knows what will happen 1 week untill launch, i might be like a little girl in candy store again :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Today is a good day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

HA ! I knew it... blizzard were clearly delaying the release date so people at uni will be finished their exams before getting stuck in !

How thoughtful blizzard :P Cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Fnz wrote: »

It's Diablo one of the most called for sequels of all time. I Remember exactly when I first heard the news and im delighted they announced it when they did.

It's been a long wait but i'm confident it will be worth it!

What I don't get is the crazy amount of WoW players who never played 1 or 2 getting hyped up about this just because it's blizzard. Boggles the mind really, its a game that is heavily focused on its story and lore and plays nothing like an mmo. :confused:

• Advertisement

Big Knox wrote: »
    It's Diablo one of the most called for sequels of all time. I Remember exactly when I first heard the news and im delighted they announced it when they did.

What I don't get is the crazy amount of WoW players who never played 1 or 2 getting hyped up about this just because it's blizzard. Boggles the mind really, its a game that is heavily focused on its story and lore and plays nothing like an mmo. :confused:

That is well spoted. I loved the QQ of wow players when they started Starcraft 2. They were like: wtf is this?! I need to think and stuff here :)

On the other side it will be easyer for them to play diablo 3 as it's I loot whore game, same as wow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

is there even non collector editions?! who would be stupid enough to get normal! :eek:

:p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

is there even non collector editions?! who would be stupid enough to get normal! :eek:

:p

That's exactly what I was thinking too :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I never get CEs as they are usually never worth the asking price but i'm going to have to make the exception here. I still have D2 and Lod in there original rediculously large boxes so the CE will sit nicely beside em. That's my excuse anyway! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

This be my first diablo title , what sort of game is t like , from youtube looks similar to lara croft and the guardian of light

I never get CEs as they are usually never worth the asking price but i'm going to have to make the exception here. I still have D2 and Lod in there original rediculously large boxes so the CE will sit nicely beside em. That's my excuse anyway! :pac:

i think that blizzards collectors editions are the only ones that are awesome and not stupidly overpriced for what you get.

This be my first diablo title , what sort of game is t like , from youtube looks similar to lara croft and the guardian of light

it has nothing to do with that game m8. its like comparing tetris with bf3 m8.

diablo 3 is a loot whore game! :D

it has nothing to do with that game m8. its like comparing tetris with bf3 m8.

diablo 3 is a loot whore game! :D

Lol , is this F2P or do you need to pay a subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

It's a click intensive combat game based on gathering **** tons if loot. Youtube Path of Exile or Torchlight for some of the most recent implementations.

Stev_o wrote: »
    It's a click intensive combat game based on gathering **** tons if loot. Youtube Path of Exile or Torchlight for some of the most recent implementations.

Oh right .. Cheers .. I have a look of that now so

Stev_o wrote: »

i newer though that we will live in time where we will need to discribe diablo 3 as Torchlight :eek: . i think i am really getting old now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Lol , is this F2P or do you need to pay a subscription

No subscription, you buy it, and its free from there on, barring expansions or dlc which i have no doubt they'll keep pumping into it.

Whereas I don't want to hear about a game until 1 month before release. Doesn't matter whether it's Half Life: Ep. 3 or Kiss Pinball 2. Doesn't benefit me to know about a game 2+ years before I can play it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

2 questions

1.How will this game compare to Dark Souls and Skyrim?

2.Will I need a powerful computer to play it?

2 questions

1. Has nothing to do with both of those games. It is a hack and slash with very very deep itemisation.

2. What's your spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

2 questions

618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

Boards-Games, how you've changed....

Pick up the Diablo 2 and see what you think, still very playable today.

quarryman wrote: »
    618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

Pick up the Diablo 2 and see what you think, still very playable today.

I am honestly can't believe so many people have no idea about Diablo 3... Makes me feel very very old. Back in the day everyone knew what is Diablo :(

I am honestly can't believe so many people have no idea about Diablo 3.

Will this one feature non-Lamborghini cars?

I am honestly can't believe so many people have no idea about Diablo 3... Makes me feel very very old. Back in the day everyone knew what is Diablo :(

Well i knew the name but nothing bout it nor seen it , didnt own a pc till 2006 :pac:

This is.my first diablo title.too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

definitely worth playing D2 for a bit before D3. One of the most addictive rpgs ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

2 questions

1.It would be akin to Dark Souls in item loot and that is about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Magill wrote: »
    Just ordered it ! EXCITED.

Was €67 delivered on gamestop, none left now though

Advertisement