Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

:)

I'll be keeping a close eye on the English team announcements for Europa League and opposing any teams that look light before the markets adjust fwiw

/subscribe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

New thread so hopefully start off with a bang

Some small punts tonight.

Stoke over 3 cards @ 3/1 on William Hill. Stoke need just point to go through to next round. Kiev poor record in England. 4 cards each last time sides played. Huth and Upson are on the suspension tightrope so if they don't get a card tonight they and pick one up against Besiktas they will miss first game of next round. If Stoke are in control in this game it has been predicted that Huth and Upson will be encouraged to pick up cards on purpose tonight. Florian Meyer is the ref tonight and not overly strict so this is more of a punt than a strong fancy. 3/1 is nice price.

Huntelaar 2 or more @ 5/2
    Huntelaar hattrick @ 12/1

Huntelaar makes 50th European appearance tonight, will be keen to taste tonight after drawing a blank last round against Larnaca where he played the match with a double broken nose.

Suarez(Anderlecht) Anytime @ 15/8

Hunter/Suarez anytime dbl

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

i know i promised no more Europa league betting, but gona put little ones on for interest sake:

Maccabi v Beskitas- 2 or 3 Goals @ evens (bet365)
    this gonna be firey, Turkey and Isreal don't get along at the best of times- Maccabi have conceded alot of goals and Beskitas have goals in them, but home crowd won't allow team sit back. Beskitas bet Tel Aviv 5-1 in reverse fixture, so Maccabi be out for revenge

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Yardie wrote: »
    Stoke over 3 cards @ 3/1 on William Hill. Stoke need just point to go through to next round. Kiev poor record in England. 4 cards each last time sides played. Huth and Upson are on the suspension tightrope so if they don't get a card tonight they and pick one up against Besiktas they will miss first game of next round. If Stoke are in control in this game it has been predicted that Huth and Upson will be encouraged to pick up cards on purpose tonight. Florian Meyer is the ref tonight and not overly strict so this is more of a punt than a strong fancy. 3/1 is nice price.

I like that bet, I was thinking about doing over 45 points but this one is alot better value, especially I didn't know about the two yellow cards needed ;) for Huth and Upson. Good find Yardie, It is a value bet if nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 53,758 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I did the wincast of Huntelaar to score anytime and Schalke to win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Yardie wrote: »
    Florian Meyer is the ref tonight and not overly strict so this is more of a punt than a strong fancy. 3/1 is nice price.

On another note, he is German so could go crazy at any moment :cool: I heard he could be related to Hitler (just a rumour though :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Tip for tonight: Leave the bets for the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

2euro for interest,schalke -1,vaslui,red bull salzburg,sporting -1 54/1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

need to release a bonus,

double of Anderlecht and overs in the Schalke game @ 2.2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Had a nibble on Fulham at 4.4. Missed the team being announced but they named a very strong lineup and it didn't look as though the line had adjusted as much as it should have.

Will probably trade out in a while if possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Headshot wrote: »
    I did the wincast of Huntelaar to score anytime and Schalke to win

Is that on PP, can't find it!?

Bilbao -1 and Lisbon -1 over 2/1
    Anderlecht, Bekistas and Schalke 4/1

Was going to do an Over 1.5 bet but PP is acting the c*nt now!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,758 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

requested on pp

Im going to have to change my sig:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Tip for tonight: Leave the bets for the weekend!
    Well said!

Headshot wrote: »
    requested on pp

Im going to have to change my sig:pac:

Thought I just wasn't seeing it, as PP always seem to do wincasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Hard to call tonight, but i've gone for
    Bilbao -1,
    Sporting Win,
    Stoke or draw double chance,
    and I included a live bet, Fulham +1
    €10 returns 42.46

need to release a bonus,

double of Anderlecht and overs in the Schalke game @ 2.2/1

GTFI!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 decamoto

Great shout on larnaca whoever called it. Phone playing up so I can't check.

Cheers think it was lasagna...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

btw, AEK Larnaca to win @ 3.10 looks very tempting, Maccabi Haifa have a terrible record away from home in Europe. They beat Steaua 5-0 at home and lost 4-2 away, they even lost to a Bosnian team and a Belarussian team away from home.

http://www.soccerway.com/teams/israel/maccabi-haifa-fc/

Get in!!! I hope I managed to convince at least 1 person :)

Get in!!! I hope I managed to convince at least 1 person :)

Nice one Las, missed that earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

The Vaslui v Lazio game looks a fiesty affair with 4 yellows in the first half - small nibble @ 2/1 for a sending off

• Advertisement

Guatemalian Apertura,

Heredia V Communicacionnes

Comm's are on a run of six straight draws all under 2.5 goals,

gonna have a bit of 0-0, 1-1, and Under 2.5..........

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

Wouldn't do unders in the Fulham game. The following games are worth considering though:

Sporting v Zurich
    Stoke v Dynamo Kyiv
    Tel-Aviv v Besiktas
    Salzburg v PSG

I currently have these 4 games as 6 doubles and a fourfold.

Sorry about advice on the Fulham game but 3 out of the other 4 came in. Hope some of ye followed.

Is that on PP, can't find it!?

Bilbao -1 and Lisbon -1 over 2/1
    Anderlecht, Bekistas and Schalke 4/1

Was going to do an Over 1.5 bet but PP is acting the c*nt now!

Thank you Beskistas for scoring in the last kick of the game to bring in the 4/1, and screw you Bilbao you useless c*nts!

Along with the 4/1 I had this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75776802&postcount=615 too, not a bad night.

Guatemalian Apertura,

Heredia V Communicacionnes

Comm's are on a run of six straight draws all under 2.5 goals,

gonna have a bit of 0-0, 1-1, and Under 2.5..........

Unders comes in at 9/10

1 - 1 comes in at 6/1

throwing-money.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

Recently started doing accumulators on PP myself, so ive done

Sporting lisbon:D nice win tonight,
    Arsenal,
    Man City,
    Rangers,
    Ajax,
    Juventus,
    Napoli,
    Real Madrid,
    Barca

All to win this weekend, Id be fearful of Arsenal and maybe Barca not getting the job done, Roll on the weekend.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Lads any views on the Fleetwood v Yeovil match tomorrow night. Yeovil are overpriced IMO. They're over 25 places ahead of Fleetwood and after a slow start to the league they're coming into a bit of form, unbeaten in last 5 away. They also haven't been turned over easily in their earlier away defeats, never been beaten by more than two goals. Their last 3 defeats away before this unbeaten run they were only beaten by a single goal.

Anyone anymore info on this match or anyone with any views? I know Fleetwood are in great form but over 2/1 for a team over 25 places ahead of another seems value IMO.

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Lads any views on the Fleetwood v Yeovil match tomorrow night. Yeovil are overpriced IMO. They're over 25 places ahead of Fleetwood and after a slow start to the league they're coming into a bit of form, unbeaten in last 5 away. They also haven't been turned over easily in their earlier away defeats, never been beaten by more than two goals. Their last 3 defeats away before this unbeaten run they were only beaten by a single goal.

Anyone anymore info on this match or anyone with any views? I know Fleetwood are in great form but over 2/1 for a team over 25 places ahead of another seems value IMO.

Fleetwood made light work of Wycombe in the last round and Yeovil are only a couple of points above them in the league, hard game to call a result imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Fleetwood made light work of Wycombe in the last round and Yeovil are only a couple of points above them in the league, hard game to call a result imo.

Saw that alright. Might give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

9 Dutch matches tomorrow so I may go for goals :cool:
    10 actually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Adelaide United v Central Coast Mariners

Mariners on a good run so gonna take mariners to win at 5/4.
    Only a small stake tho.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement