Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2012

• 30-11-2011 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Early bird tickets now on sale.

June 23rd & 24th - Ballinlough Castle, Co. Westmeath.

Festival-goers are invited to enjoy some more distinctive Body & Soul hospitality on the hidden grounds of Ballinlough Castle, on the weekend of the Summer Solstice next June 23rd & 24th 2012. Expect a treasure map of suprises filled with creative whims, undiscovered musical gems and decadent fancies. The festival has sold-out in the last two years and has seen much critical success, with the 2010 festival winning both "Best New Festival" and "Socially Responsible Award" at the Irish Festival Awards earlier this year.

This Wednesday 30th November an Early Bird weekend ticket at a reduced price of E89 will go on sale. This ticket can be paid in two easy installments: an initial installment of EU44.50 payable up to Fri 13th Jan & a second installment of EU44.50 + EU6.35 s/c payable on to Mon 13th Feb. Families note that a limited allocation of Family Early Birds will also be available. Be sure to choose this ticket if you wish to access to the Family Campsite.

For campers wishing to pitch their tent on the Friday there is an additional Friday Add-On ticket available for EU25. With this ticket entry will permitted from 6pm on the Friday 22nd, there will be no music on the main stages but there will be access to the woodlands and walled gardens….where the magic and mischief begins!

Ticket prices include booking fees and are available from Ticketmaster agents nationwide. Agents fee EU2.50. Phone/internet bookings www.ticketmaster.ie and are subject to a service charge of EU6.35.

The 2012 festival line-up, details and general tickets including Sunday day tickets will be made available in early 2012

No Boundaries. Enjoy.

www.bodyandsoul.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Bootstraps

Around how many go to body and soul. I was at the body and soul in electric picnic two years ago and loved it. I want to go to a festival again this year but the imminent invasion of the oxygen crowd into ep is unappealing. Just want to have a nice relaxed weekend with my mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Any listings or names for B&S '12?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 anthcunn

ya, any rumours/possibilities???

• Registered Users Posts: 23 anthcunn

looking at bands playing in Europe over the summer i'm hoping Caribou, Beach House etc.

anyone know the festivals Toro Y Moi and Delorean played last year as they may have lineups published that could include potential B&S acts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

OP, those images are trying to load from your Gmail account fyi.

any rumours on line up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭msshono

I dont see a tent camping ticket or car park ticket. Does anyone know if you drive down are you guaranteed a parking spot...and also a tent spot...or does a weekend ticket just entitle you to both...thinking of going on Saturday overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

http://bodyandsoul.ie/lineup2012

M83
    Villagers
    St. Vincent
    Little Dragon
    The Herbaliser
    Emika
    Gold Panda
    Shangaan Electro
    John Talabot
    LOWB
    Kormacs Big Band
    Tieranniesaur
    I Draw Slow
    Gaudi
    Redinho

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

Feckin' deadly line up!
    St. Vincent and M83!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!
    Seriously going to be amazing!

I know you’re all gonna hate me for saying this but… 2 days after my Leaving Cert! In the bag! Body and Soul was my favourite part of EP last year!

Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Definitely awesome line up! glad I got the early bird :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

M83?

Awesome kinda wanna go now to see them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Anyone know the day M83 are playing? Wouldn't be interested going for the whole event, they're the only act I'd like to see bar maybe St Vincent.

Spirtualized
    Django Django
    Hollie Cook

added.

http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/forum/70795/topic/view/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Spirtualized
    Django Django
    Hollie Cook

added.

http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/forum/70795/topic/view/

Holy sh1t they're great additions.
    WTF are EP doing that they can't book these artists. Django Django are unreal, and spiritualized's new track is class too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mahna Mahna

I would nearly go just for M83, their only other Irish date is in Mandela Hall and thats a bit too far away for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Anyone know what day Spritualized are playing?

Are M83 really gonna play?

Their tour states everything that they're going to play right up to October but no mention of Body and Soul.

It's also suspicious that on the 22nd and 24th of June they are playing 2 festivals in Germany. They're hardly gonna come to Ireland on the 23rd?.... :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Their tour states everything that they're going to play right up to October but no mention of Body and Soul.

It's also suspicious that on the 22nd and 24th of June they are playing 2 festivals in Germany. They're hardly gonna come to Ireland on the 23rd?.... :(

According to B&S they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pcbscott

Its not unusual for bands on tour to do this! Plus they are electronic outfit so not that much heavy gear to lug about with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

m83 are one of my favourite bands but what are they doing playing this two bob festival in the arse hole of no where (no offence to anyone involved).

what day are they playing at this festival?

m83 are one of my favourite bands but what are they doing playing this two bob festival in the arse hole of no where (no offence to anyone involved).

what a ridiculous post.

B&S is one of the best irish festivals out there. I'm guessing you've not been to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Body & Soul is a great festival and M83 will work amazingly in this setting. Annoyed I'm not living in Ireland this summer to go again. Nicolas Jaar last year was the perfect finish to the festival, outstanding set!

pcbscott wrote: »
    Its not unusual for bands on tour to do this! Plus they are electronic outfit so not that much heavy gear to lug about with them.
    i disagree, it's odd for anyone other than maybe DJs to do that. bands will generally plan tours in some sort of pattern across Europe, or at least not jump half way across Europe for a single gig then return to the same country.
    and i watched M83's gig at Coachella, and they have just as much gear onstage as a 'regular' band, so presumably all this has to be transported and flown over from Germany to B&S, then back to Germany the next day....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

pcbscott wrote: »

Don't think so. They probably have just as much gear to bring. Guitars, bass's, keyboard, synths, electric and acoustic drums, laptops etc.

Back to the issue...

What is the story with them playing? When you look at lineup, it seems like there are too many headlining acts for two days... i.e. Vilagers, Spiritualized and M83...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

B & S is a highly regarded festival, those doubting m83 actually turning up might be advised to do their research more thoroughly as they will find that M83 are actually playing two shows in Ireland that week, b and s and another one that can be found on ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Back to the issue...

What is the story with them playing? When you look at lineup, it seems like there are too many headlining acts for two days... i.e. Vilagers, Spiritualized and M83...
    Are people seriously complaining about there being too many headliners now?! I think I've heard it all!!!

indiewindy wrote: »
    B & S is a highly regarded festival, those doubting m83 actually turning up might be advised to do their research more thoroughly as they will find that M83 are actually playing two shows in Ireland that week, b and s and another one that can be found on ticketmaster
    what is that going to prove? :confused:
    at best it means that they've got the wrong dates on their site for Germany, and for whatever reason have left B&S off the list, and so are actually playing in Germany on the Friday and Saturday, then coming over here on the Sunday, then up to Belfast for the Tuesday.

indiewindy wrote: »

Mate you want to do your research too. They're playing Germany on that Friday, and Sunday of Body and Soul.
    AdMMM wrote: »
    Are people seriously complaining about there being too many headliners now?! I think I've heard it all!!!

I'm not complaining, but it seems like it's for a 3 day fest, when it's 2. With M83 playing the germany dates, it may seem easy to jump one of the headliner acts...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Mate you want to do your research too. They're playing Germany on that Friday, and Sunday of Body and Soul.

I'm not complaining, but it seems like it's for a 3 day fest, when it's 2. With M83 playing the germany dates, it may seem easy to jump one of the headliner acts...

According to m83's own website they are playing Germany on Sunday June 24, so you expect them to play two gigs the same day. I wouldnt be surprised to see changes in their tour schedule as it doesnt make sense as its currently arranged.
    If they were to offload a headliner, they would be facing refund claims from m83 fans
    hopefully they play Dublin on the Monday!!

• Advertisement

Two things

VOLUNTEERS Get your application in ASAP if you want to join the Body&Soul crew. Places are filling up quickly! http://bit.ly/HAMEnn RT Pls

2. Pitchfork put up M83's tour dates and i noticed B&S wasn't on the list, they just lifted it from the website, so i tweeted them saying they were missing B&S. The B&S twitter account retweeted my message to them. Not resounding proof but it would have been easy to ignore my message.

Advertisement