Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

tonydude wrote: »
    is Netflix on the vita ?

You can get it by logging onto the US store and downloading it, then with a bit of messing around you can get the app to go on your EU account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Just seen this on Hotukdeals.com Persona 4 is $30 on Play-Asia at the moment, it is a US version. Region Free so no problems.

http://www.play-asia.com/Persona_4_Golden/paOS-13-71-1ab-49-en-70-4q5j.html

Plus €16 shipping

better option
    €30 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330900614285

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

tonydude wrote: »
    Plus €16 shipping

Eh it's free shipping to Ireland, check again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Eh it's free shipping to Ireland, check again.
    will do thxs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Firmware update 2.10 will be available tomorrow.

It will allow you to add folders and watch streaming video via the browser.

EDIT: I just installed the update. I think I have found another feature I have not seen mentioned but is long overdue - next to clock, at the top right, there is a small icon showing what game card is currently in the Vita. Better late than never.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Just bout a Vita console, not a bit of power in it. Plugged it in to power it up thinking maybe the batt's dead.
    There's no indication that there's powering charging it up,
    Should I be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Any chance you can try a different charger just to eliminate that?
    Leave it in say for a day and if still no indication of charging or power then yes - would be worried and suggest you get onto Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Panthro wrote: »
    Just bout a Vita console, not a bit of power in it. Plugged it in to power it up thinking maybe the batt's dead.
    Should I be worried?

Once the batteries dead you need to connect to the charger and it will come back to life after 30mins. It will then take around 3 hours to fully charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Should I be worried?

When I got my Vita there was a problem with the battery charger. The USB wouldn't sit into it right. If you have an android phone and you have one of those plugs with the the detachable USB cable you can plug the Vita cable into that and see if you can get a charge from that. If you've run the battery completely dead, you will need to wait until the PS button on the bottom right of the screen stops blinking and remains a constant orange before you can turn it on. Also, another thing to look at is to make sure that you are plugging the cable into the Vita the right way around. This isn't something I was doing myself but the woman in Sony told me it seemed to be a common enough problem with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/400890/soul-sacrifice-demo-launches-next-week/

There'll be a Soul Sacrifice demo available from next Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Should I be worried?
    Does the cable going into the Vita have the PS symbol facing upwards? I've often plugged it in upside down (as it goes in both ways just as easy) only to find out it hasn't charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Cheers for the reply folks,
    Just to update, I left it sitting charging for a few hours, but there was no indication that there was power doing into it.
    So I brought it back to where I bought it, told them my story and they replaced it. I was that one awkward "focker" that asked them to turn on the new one before I left the shop, just to make sure the new one worked. (I really didn't want to arrive home a second time and be disappointed).
    Thankfully the new console lit up straight away, so I finally got to grips with my Vita.
    Have to say, it's a class piece of machinery.

Cheers for all the feedback folks!:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deano7788 wrote: »
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/400890/soul-sacrifice-demo-launches-next-week/

There'll be a Soul Sacrifice demo available from next Wednesday

cant wait for this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Super stardust delta must be the best £1.50 I ever spent on playstation :3
    But I dunno, I can't be the only one wanting like.. something to play. Something that doesn't run better on PS3 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

anyone know where id get the best deal on a vita at the moment?

Gamestop or adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Evilbart

Yeah adverts.ie have some going really cheap if you don't mind buying second hand,some have receipt included

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Lads.how does the graphics compare to that of the ps3?.is it possible to link up two vitas and play head to head?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Lads.how does the graphics compare to that of the ps3?.

Very close, the vita has to push a lot less pixels than a PS3 but there are some slight differences depending on the game. There are some bad looking games but those are more to do with the developer than the hardware.
    Umpalumpa wrote: »
    is it possible to link up two vitas and play head to head?

Dependant on the game, but yes. There's games that allow online play and those that allow local play over wifi (between vitas no need for a local wifi network).

If you haven't picked Guacamelee up already, you really should. Here's a review I wrote up but the short version is GO GET IT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Otacon wrote: »
    If you haven't picked Guacamelee up already, you really should. Here's a review I wrote up but the short version is GO GET IT!

Picked it up on day one but haven't played more than 30 mins as I'm hooked on Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

tok9 wrote: »
    Picked it up on day one but haven't played more than 30 mins as I'm hooked on Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.

I was going to buy it but got stuck into Virtue's Last Reward as well, although I haven't even had much free time to play that either. I'll probably purchase it this week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dualtagh

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    anyone know where id get the best deal on a vita at the moment?

You can get the 3G model with a 4gb card and Little Big Planet in GameStop for 210 at the moment.

I bought one on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Dualtagh wrote: »
    You can get the 3G model with a 4gb card and Little Big Planet in GameStop for 210 at the moment.

I bought one on Sunday

was there a similar deal for one without 3G by any chance?

2 wks ago that deal for wifi only was 199 - not sure about at present

Gamestop on henry street had the 3G + LBP + 4gb card for 210, or a wifi model with LBP for 250 :confused:

Anyway, I caved and got persona 4 today.

Still playing persona 2 - got it as part of that bundle deal.
    With playing that and Okami - lets just say my dreams the last two nights have been more than a tad weird...

New system update was available this morning. As it was moving from 2.10 to 2.11, I wasn't expecting much. Nothing noticeable so far so it's probably just a security patch.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Gamestop on henry street had the 3G + LBP + 4gb card for 210, or a wifi model with LBP for 250 :confused:

Anyway, I caved and got persona 4 today.

It takes around 6-8 hours to really get going but it then becomes really addictive.

• Advertisement

Soul Sacrifice demo is available through the PS3 PS store.

Trying the demo and carrying over your save data is the ONLY way to get “Spirits’ Heart,” so why not give it a shot if you’re already interested in the game?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement