Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energy Saving Light Bulbs

• 26-01-2011 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi All,

I’m looking for energy saving light bulbs (eg 4 or 5 in total). If anyone knows a good value for money place to stock up, I’m all ears.

Any pointers, no matter how small, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for all responses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

Im very interest in these after a very big esb bill

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

5 Philips CFL bayonet head 6w/11w bulbs for €5 (yes, 5 bulbs for €5!) in any Woodies, have been doing them for a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭THE LINK WALSH

Kellihers Electrical Wholesale are very cheap with bulbs,spots,etc compared with Woodies and those thieves B&Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Yea woodies always seem to have them phillips ones cheap. I got a load the last time I was in for 50c each. They had a load of pallets of them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

In case you happen to live near the border.... Got a load for 10p each in Asda on friday, 9W and 11W GE energy saving light bulbs. Bought 20, figured they should keep me going for a while!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyBananas

a_v525 wrote: »
    5 Philips CFL bayonet head 6w/11w bulbs for €5 (yes, 5 bulbs for €5!) in any Woodies, have been doing them for a few months

And they still are. I just bought 5 for €5. Thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Tesco have these for €1 now, much like the old Woodies deal if it interests anybody

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jazzmaher

Recently I lost one of my prescription lenses so I went back to Specsavers, where I've been a customer for the last 10 years.

They offered to put two such prescription lenses (they already have my prescription on file) into the existing frames for €230! Wow!

I went on line, and ended up with Glassesdirect.co.uk, which did the job, complete with lenses scratch protection, for about €100.

Rip Off Ireland is alive and well.:):pac:

jazzmaher wrote: »
    Recently I lost one of my prescription lenses so I went back to Specsavers, where I've been a customer for the last 10 years.

They offered to put two such prescription lenses (they already have my prescription on file) into the existing frames for €230! Wow!

I went on line, and ended up with Glassesdirect.co.uk, which did the job, complete with lenses scratch protection, for about €100.

Think your in the wrong place!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

jazzmaher wrote: »

Perhaps you should get those new lenses checked out?
    They seem to have you posting in the wrong forum :D

• Advertisement

bagels wrote: »
    Perhaps you should get those new lenses checked out?
    They seem to have you posting in the wrong forum :D

Nice one, funniest thing I've read on boards in a good while, classic!

Advertisement