Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

derra wrote: »
    How you getting on with that Provari you got Mewso?

Can't recommend it highly enough. So handy to be sitting there thinking if only this had a little more oomph. Oh wait I can do something about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Jo: as mewso said it's imminent :)

Now start being nice to him ...

Vapers: please welcome the new mod of Giving up Smoking with special responsibility for the upcoming Vaping sub-forum - mewso.

I'll be a mod there by default but as I know next to nothing about vaping he'll be running the show. In other words take your problems to him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

mewso wrote: »
    Can't recommend it highly enough. So handy to be sitting there thinking if only this had a little more oomph. Oh wait I can do something about that.

Talking about a Mod and you have just been announced as one :D
    Best of luck with it !

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Orion wrote: »

Vapers: please welcome the new mod of Giving up Smoking with special responsibility for the upcoming Vaping sub-forum - mewso.

I'll be a mod there by default but as I know next to nothing about vaping he'll be running the show. In other words take your problems to him :D

Looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

Orion wrote: »

Couldn't think of a better person... Congrats mewso and thank you for everything you have done for us so far!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

There's many helpful people here none more so than Mewso. Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tkavan

never set out to try it although heard about it but once the tip on the mouthpiece just came off by mistake and have to say that helped a bit !

Anyone else do this to their tank cartridge?
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/178805-ego-t-burnt-try.html[/QUOTE]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that happened to one of my tank cartridges by accident once, it made a bit of a difference but nothing huge

dont see myself going back to the tanks now that i've discovered dual coil's anyway. I was saying I'd be going between tanks and dcc's when i first got the dcc, but after 2 weeks using them... im sold. little bit awkward to fill, and it can use quite a bit of juice but.. the vape and flavour is worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas about why TBS haven't restocked so much of their stuff in so long?

Also I'm just wondering about those PCC cases, specifically the 510 ones. A lot of online videos say that these kits come pre-packed with a 510 battery yet the two Irish sites selling the unit don't mention it. Anyone bought one?
    That's the one with pre-packed 510 http://www.thebestshop.eu/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/joye-510-pcc-starter-kit/prod_167.html

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

One year off the fags today :D Big thanx to our Mewso!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Alopex

right I want to get started but am a bit overwhelmed by all the options

on e-cig ireland you get a free basic starter pack with all 70euro+ orders

Am thinking of ordering 70euro worth of liquids to get this. Is this basic starter pack likely to be any use?

Hi, my first e-cig was a similar starter pack.it's good for trying e-cigs for the first time but after a week or two you'd feel like you want something with more vapour. I would go for something like one of these
    http://www.e-cigireland.com/page10.html
    Plus you get 10% off for being a member of boards.ie as stated in the promotions section.
    Alopex wrote: »

Am thinking of ordering 70euro worth of liquids to get this. Is this basic starter pack likely to be any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Am thinking of ordering 70euro worth of liquids to get this.
    Just a word of caution: a small percentage of people (including me) are allergic to Propylene Glycol (PG), the default carrier liquid. You would be sick if you bought €70 worth of liquid you couldn't use...

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I wouldn't bother if I was you. It's probably a €15 jasper and jasper thingy. You'd be better off going through thebestshop and buying an ego-t XL starter kit with 50ml of juice. That will bring you over €70 so you'll get free postage.

There's also a boards.ie 10% discount code there which is "IRISHVAPE" (sorry mods if they aren't supposted be posted in normal threads.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

Esel wrote: »
    Just a word of caution: a small percentage of people (including me) are allergic to Propylene Glycol (PG), the default carrier liquid. You would be sick if you bought €70 worth of liquid you couldn't use...

I'm on patches permanently and although I change them after training the patches are not effective after training. I was thinking of using these e-cigs after training but wondering what people think about taking in Propylene Glycol? I'm not reading good things about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

colly10 wrote: »
    I'm on patches permanently and although I change them after training the patches are not effective after training. I was thinking of using these e-cigs after training but wondering what people think about taking in Propylene Glycol? I'm not reading good things about it

what things are you reading and where ?
    Studies conducted in 1942 by Dr. Oswald Hope Robertson of University of Chicago's Billings Hospital showed vaporized propylene glycol inhalation in laboratory mice may prevent pneumonia, influenza, and other respiratory diseases. Additional studies in monkeys and other animals were undertaken to determine long-term effects, especially the potential for accumulation in the lungs. After a few months of treatment, no ill effects were discovered.
    http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,932876,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 34 BeetleDeuce

The US FDA ( food and Drug Administration) say PG and VG are both safe.
    See here for the science bit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycerol
    They are used in medical inhalers, toothpaste, mouthwash and many food products. VG and PG are both safe but VG can be used if someone is allergic to PG...

You can also get a starter 510 kit (most popular e cig to start with) and some VG liquid from www.bestecig.ie for under €20 and www.thebestshop.eu have a VG to PG combination mix of e-liquid. Maybe best to test the waters first before you invest your €70.

There is only so much anyone can get from forums as they are all personal opinions...No one can know if you are allergic or what kind of e-cig you would would prefer...except you. There is no substitute for experience and when it comes to e-cigs you will find that even more so.

I would suggest you get a starter kit and then you will know a lot more about how it all works. The battery, the atomizer/cartomizer/clearomizer the cartridge and of course the e-liquid. Having them in your hand and using them will give you a lot more info and Im sure will lead to you having your own opinion. I reckon your €70 will be better spent after you have dipped your toes in and tried an e-cig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭StealthRolex

colly10 wrote: »

It's perfectly fine. Asthma sufferers have it in their inhalers and those in hospital with lung complaints have been treated with it via nebulizers for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Well I finally had enough of smoking so I bit the bullet and finally ordered an E-Cig. My Joye Ego kit arrived today. First impressions are good, using a menthol mix. Sitting here vaping away.
    thanks to all who advised me on this a few months back, wouldn't have known where to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭bridgemond

Ordered a joye 510 today. This will be my first E-cig. After I bought it I read around and it seems the battery runs out fast so I might buy the 280 battery if I like the e-cig. Ordered a bottle of juice aswell. Said next day delivery so hopefully I have it tomorrow.

Has to be better than smoking 20 b&H a day anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Has to be better than smoking 20 b&H a day anyway
    Sure is,
    BTW wait an see how you find the 510, the battery might be ok for use if you use it a bit. If your a heavy user go for an Ego type, I practically chain vape an get 8 to 9 hours out of a charge. Oh and the vapor is better too.
    Best of luck, switching is easier than quitting but still needs some commitment.

Got it earlyer so very pleased with fast delivery. Charged up battary's very quick.

One question though. The cartage's have a cap on them and some foil. Am I meant to peal off the foil or just let the atomiser puncher it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Let the atty puncture it.
    You'll flood the atty if you peel the foil off.
    (assuming that these are not refillable cartridges.)

You'll know they're refillable if they have a wicking material - wick or foam - in them.

If it's just a cartridge with juice in it, leave the foil on.

Noreen1 wrote: »
    Let the atty puncture it.
    You'll flood the atty if you peel the foil off.

Also I bought a bottle of the refill fluid. Can I just refill the cart's that came with the 510 or a special ones needed? Thanks in advance:)

bridgemond wrote: »
    Also I bought a bottle of the refill fluid. Can I just refill the cart's that came with the 510 or a special ones needed? Thanks in advance:)

Cartridges are refillable , just drip a few drops into the filler inside. Again, as Noreen said, try not to overfill them.

Thanks for the help people. So far I like them alot and my sister and her bf are interested in buying them aswell. They are going to see how I take to mine as I LOVE my cig lol. Had last cig at about 10 this morning and then the 510 arrived and none since. Kinda just taking a puff every now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

I'm glad it's working out well for you.#
    Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

Hi,
    i just bought this one http://epuffs.net/starterkit.html. i'm confused now if they ok after reading this thread? Thanks for your advice :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it'll more than likely be ok, hopefully enough at least for you to figure out if vaping is the way to go for you. in my very unexpert opinion though.. if you want to carry on vaping, you'll be far better off picking up an ego-t starter kit when you're done with them though

"the best in the world" it most certainly will not be though :)

--edit

holy ****, I just saw the price.

wow.

it's either ****ing awesome, or you way overpaid...not knowing much about e-puffs ecigs, I'd still have to guess you overpaid :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

was a deal for 49€ ;) Thank you for your help. Will try them when they arrive
    :D

Advertisement