Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dolph Ziggler

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Real low point of RAW this week was that Santino/Brodus vs Dolph/Swagger match. I like both Swagger and Ziggler, and I really hope they are not heading towards a 'wish you best in your future endeavours' statement by the end of the year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Real low point of RAW this week was that Santino/Brodus vs Dolph/Swagger match. I like both Swagger and Ziggler, and I really hope they are not heading towards a 'wish you best in your future endeavours' statement by the end of the year.

Jobbing IS how they build up Wrestlers for Championship runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Ziggler definitely won't be imo, if anything I expect him to be world champion by the years end.

Swagger on the other hand is a dodgy prospect, he's got great wrestling ability and I enjoy watching his work in the ring but he's just not 'over' in any shape or form. He's in need of a radical character overhaul ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Can't see him winning the WWE Title but maybe the World Heavyweight one. Don't know why but I see Lesnar beating Punk in the summer & having a long reign with it. Rovert is right though, Sheamus is the only guy I remember being built up for a long time for a title reign lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

rovert wrote: »
    Jobbing IS how they build up Wrestlers for Championship runs.

Problem is the heels have had to constantly put over the babyfaces in this feud, recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭ceegee

IMO Dolph could definitly work as a face if he split with Vickie in the right way, his persona on Download leans more towards a DX-style antihero than a heel.

Love him in ZTLIS as well, he's easily the best on the mic of this generation of wrestlers - has all the ingredients to be around for a long time to come if he keeps things up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Dolph should never turn face, ever. He is perfect the way he is at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

Think about it

The best faces in the industry were the ones who could sell moves

They all had a bit of cheek about them

They had the look

They had edgier mic skills

He would be perfect against a heel Cena as he would make him look like a beast

He would be perfect against a heel Punk as the are two brilliant performers

Think this needs to be done as the product hads gone stale

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

all good points, but wwe have forgotten how to book faces. To them, turning someone face just means neutering someone.

they are trapped in this weird cycle of creating compelling heels that people get behind, but as soon as they turn them face, the guy loses all credibility.

if they were turning austin face now theyd have him come out smiling to the fans and cracking ****ty jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

WWE is going through a bit of a transition right now, there's some great heels in the company, Brock, Punk, Jericho (when he is a heel), Ziggler, The Shield, and then new guys like Cesaro, Big E etc. But aside from Cena there's no mega face, Sheamus could be, Orton is boring as hell as a face, there's really slim pickings to make the big good guy of the company at the moment, until someone realistically fills that role then Cena isn't going anywhere as a top babyface. There's loads of midcard comedy faces like Santino and Brodus but they're not top level material, Kofi neither his title reigns have been rubbish before.

Ziggler will probably become a cool heel and then face as a result, he's pretty much that way already, I think Big E would make a better face than a heel, he's really funny.

• Advertisement

think the story lines have gone flat as well, but looking at Ziggles little faction there could be scope to build a a bigger heel with an eneviatble face turn,

Big E is too new for a push to main event so some one else maybe a Cena/AJ/Ziggler love triangle could change the direction of the WWE

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

A Cena/AJ/Ziggler triangle.

nah, we need a D Bryan/Kane/AJ/Punk square

oh wait. We had all those stories already.

WWE having loads of good heels and few faces worth shouting for is going on for years and years.

They should led the guys with personality 'show' if 'off' and let fans choose who they want to shout for. If its Punk and he wants to be dispicable and it causes most fans to boo then so be it. Let the wrestlers have more feedom to express what themselves and we all win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

A Big E/AJ/Ziggler love triangle would be a much better way to turn him face

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭KuriousOranj

Nah,his only definable personality trait is his cockiness,he'd have to lose or seriously tone that down if he was face.He'd just become another bland good guy then.

He aint no Shawn Michaels like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

He is nowhere near likable enough to be a face.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Its debatable how good of a heel he is, as he rarely gets heat, their is a reason why he was with Vicky so long and is now with AJ.

It just needs one storyline to turn it around

Jericho and The Rock were cocky faces

Also the GM'S are not up to scratch these days, we need better to emphasise the difference between heels and faces to get the best out of certain wrestlers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Ridley

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    He is nowhere near likable enough to be a face.

Said it before but face Ziggler is Barney Stinson.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

The problem is if they want to book Ziggler as a heel then they should actually make him heelish. Aside from a cocky streak, what is unlikeable about him? He shows off in all his matches which is pretty much the raison d'etre of a face. Plus he's a bit smaller than most of the other guys so face would suit him. He played one back in his OVW days and he did pretty well

The Miz could be a strong face if he was booked to actually be faceish

Agree on the size thing, he could be a great underdog story

The Miz is boring though, both on the mic and in the ring

Couldnt see too many great PPV'S involving him with out a big rethink

Anyone ever thought about a Kofi Knigston heel turn, a dark African type character

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

Anyone ever thought about a Kofi Knigston heel turn, a dark African type character
    Just change his name from Kofi to Koni and you're there.

Clemantis wrote: »
    Just change his name from Kofi to Koni and you're there.

Koni Shango

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

The best heels in the industry were the ones who could sell moves

FYP.

I dont think ziggler should ever turn face. At least not yet. Give him a good heel run with the belt and let him play up to the show off mentality and then when he loses and is chasing another belt he can pull a Cena and say he knows where he went wrong and what he must do to be able to win back the title.

agreed, i think a face turn should come after the belt change, possibly him losing it to another heel and coming out to save the next face challenger?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I don't he can turn now with his current group of AJ and Big E but if he is feuding with Del Rio and Swagger for the title he will get more of a face reaction than Del Rio I think

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Good interview this

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

PWInsider.com is reporting there is a big reason as to why Dolph
    Ziggler is seemingly stuck in the mid-card after his brief stint as World
    Heavyweight Champion. Word backstage is that Ziggler comes off with a bad
    attitude when around other superstars and media. WWE is not happy with the way
    he represents himself within the company and outside during media appearances.
    Additionally, Dolph Ziggler has claimed that he tries to maintain his
    gimmick and his attitude as he would with storylines, but WWE does not see that
    as the case. He does not have a lot of backing from the officials in WWE because
    of how he speaks out to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Plus he can't cut a decent promo and looks like someone who dresses as a wrestler for Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Something that really annoyed me about his match on Raw with Orton was how they kept saying if he won it'd be an upset. He's a former World Champion, like fair enough he's stuck in mid-card, but saying that just devalues the championship and Orton when they're having a good back and forth match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

So keeping kayfabe is a bad thing now? He could easily be WWE champ material if they would stop with the start and pause in him. I expected him to have a great run after trurning face but we've had nothing really. I hope that he finds his way back to a decent top tier rather than being stuck in the mid-card shuffle.

Advertisement