Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gerryann

Thanks EGriff...think I'll be taking a trip to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gerryann

Thank you grindle

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭OcocO

grindle wrote: »
    Well, closest cig flavours for me would be 1st Choice from ezsmoke.ie (it's 80PG/20VG so great for cartos), Virginia Prime then Cigarillos Naturales from HoL (50/50, may need a drop of vodka?).

HoL will be getting a new flavour soon which is deliciously smoky and cig-like called Perique. Meant to taste like a pipe but it's still ciggy enough for me... As much as the other flavours will annihilate cartos, this one...I'd be surprised if it lasted more than a few hours.

I can send you a sample of some if you want to give it a go anyway?

And another thing - the HoL liquids come in stupid bottles that have no dropper on them, so grab a couple of empty bottles to decant into if you do buy from them.

Thank you again. Your offer to send a sample is particularly kind - I'm pretty new to forums - how would we do that?.

I'll probably get him 20 Innokin Noble Cartomizers (empty) and some of the sample packs from houseofliquid.ie and put a flavour in each to start him off. He's gone from acquiescent to enthusiastic now that he knows there is a range to experiment with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

OcocO wrote: »
    Thank you again. Your offer to send a sample is particularly kind - I'm pretty new to forums - how would we do that?.

I'll probably get him 20 Innokin Noble Cartomizers (empty) and some of the sample packs from houseofliquid.ie and put a flavour in each to start him off. He's gone from acquiescent to enthusiastic now that he knows there is a range to experiment with.
    You PM your address and I'll send you a batch of liquids?

People on the forum can vouch that I won't send you bottles of piss or whatever. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

New flavour - Grindles Piss. I'd say that stuff would fly off the shelves.

Probably need to adds bit of PG I'd say cos it might be a bit viscous.

• Advertisement

Enough alcohol added GH! Never fear, Grindle Piss is here! Lovely twang of ammonia off it, just like real cigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Was talking to my brother last saturday who smoked awful a lot in the past. Gave up smoking for 8 months and use that new stuff E-Cigarette since, cost him only €2.50 a week. Compared to €200 a week on cigarette , was shocking. Delighted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

New flavour - Grindles Piss. I'd say that stuff would fly off the shelves.

Probably need to adds bit of PG I'd say cos it might be a bit viscous.

New flavour cuming soon.....
    'Grindle's sticky white love piss' a real coil killer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    New flavour cuming soon.....
    'Grindle's sticky white love piss' a real coil killer!

addon.php?5,module=embed_images,url=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.zaazu.com%2Fimg%2Fvomit-boy01-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000652-large.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Elbow wrote: »
    addon.php?5,module=embed_images,url=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.zaazu.com%2Fimg%2Fvomit-boy01-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000652-large.gif

Sorry, too early.

• Advertisement

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    ...too early.

Story of my life. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Thanks! I saw this post while trying to look for an alternative to stop smoking. I am now trying to quit and is in my 4rth day and it feels like hell. Luckily, my co-worker hooked me up with Hydro Cigs. It has really helped me a lot.

I didn't use hydro cigs at all and it was never hell.
    You should try another ecig ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Well, closest cig flavours for me would be 1st Choice from ezsmoke.ie (it's 80PG/20VG so great for cartos), Virginia Prime then Cigarillos Naturales from HoL (50/50, may need a drop of vodka?).

HoL will be getting a new flavour soon which is deliciously smoky and cig-like called Perique. Meant to taste like a pipe but it's still ciggy enough for me... As much as the other flavours will annihilate cartos, this one...I'd be surprised if it lasted more than a few hours.

I can send you a sample of some if you want to give it a go anyway?

And another thing - the HoL liquids come in stupid bottles that have no dropper on them, so grab a couple of empty bottles to decant into if you do buy from them.

Got a sample of this from HOL and did not expect to like it as ...well it did not really smell of anything I could place....vapers tongue yesterday and could not taste anything so I took out the Perique today and was pleasantly surprised, tastes like a pipe, reminds me of smoking my fathers pipe when I was a kid :) have been vaping to all day and it is still growing on me.......two wicks so far but worth it.....

I would say far more pipe like than cig like which is what I find Cigarellos, Puros on list to try next.

It is pipe-y (as it should) but there's something like the smell of a wet fag off it.
    And a savouriness like smoked bacon.
    Sounds disgusting but wet fag + bacon = success!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ionised

It is pipe-y (as it should) but there's something like the smell of a wet fag off it.
    And a savouriness like smoked bacon.
    Sounds disgusting but wet fag + bacon = success!

You should market that as a Cologne.

Oh wait... I guess most lads on a night out already smell like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 padmr7711

hey i was wondering if anyone could help me, i recently bought a totally wicked starter pack the tornado twist and am doing great week three off the smokes :)

i wanted to get a better battery theres one that you can lock by pressing the button 5 btimes but it is a ego- T battery they are different makes.

the atemizer/ tank fit and it charges with my totally wicked usb no probs which is great there is literally no difference between the two makes but i some times get a burnt or weird taste off it

i was wondering if it was ok to use different parts from different companies or it is a no go?

any help would be much appreciated i cant find any info online :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

padmr7711 wrote: »
    hey i was wondering if anyone could help me, i recently bought a totally wicked starter pack the tornado twist and am doing great week three off the smokes :)

i wanted to get a better battery theres one that you can lock by pressing the button 5 btimes but it is a ego- T battery they are different makes.

the atemizer/ tank fit and it charges with my totally wicked usb no probs which is great there is literally no difference between the two makes but i some times get a burnt or weird taste off it

i was wondering if it was ok to use different parts from different companies or it is a no go?

any help would be much appreciated i cant find any info online :(
    Unless you get a mod with VV VW their's not much to beat a twist battery. I'm sure even TW's twist's have the 5 click on off protection, give it a try.
    You can mix n match most 510 conected devices to each other. It won't harm them or cause any problems. One thing is the small cig sized battery shouldn't be charged on an ego charger (that's what you have, an ego charger) The power output is too high for the small batterys.
    Check what volts your using on the twist (turn the wheel thing on the bottom) too high can give a burned taste, too low will give poor performance if the atomizer is a high resistance one. Twist batterys are great for using different atties as you can adjust the volts to suit the attie and your personal taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Gr1f

Hey folks!
    OK, I'm now CONFUSED AS HELL!

I've gone from 20 a day SilkCut to 5 a day follies and now I'm ready to ditch those. Figured eCig ws the way to go for a while. Stated to search to find out what to buy as I don't want to buy some cheap rubbish with god-knows-what in it! Little did I know it would be easier to research a car.....

I'm looking for something that is as basic as possible, can be recharged and is minty in taste as possible, really don't want fake smoke taste as I already HATE the taste of real cigs :-) Just something to kill the craving every couple of hours.

Not sure I should trust the eCigs you see in the green packs in Spar.... so please any suggestions??

Thanks! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Gr1f wrote: »
    Hey folks!
    OK, I'm now CONFUSED AS HELL!

I've gone from 20 a day SilkCut to 5 a day follies and now I'm ready to ditch those. Figured eCig ws the way to go for a while. Stated to search to find out what to buy as I don't want to buy some cheap rubbish with god-knows-what in it! Little did I know it would be easier to research a car.....

I'm looking for something that is as basic as possible, can be recharged and is minty in taste as possible, really don't want fake smoke taste as I already HATE the taste of real cigs :-) Just something to kill the craving every couple of hours.

Not sure I should trust the eCigs you see in the green packs in Spar.... so please any suggestions??

Thanks! :-)

You are right not to trust the eCigs in places like spar, take a look at the starter kits available from Vaperus.ie, Bestshop.eu, E-Smokeireland.ie An Ego style battery and a clearomiser and Minty Flavoured E-liquid is probably the most successful one out there....Bargain Vapour are good for liquids too.

http://www.vaperus.ie/55-starter-vaping-kits

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/6-electronic-cigarettes-starter-kits

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/category-s/1817.htm

There are way more kits now available since I last looked at them, avoid the cig-alikes and go for the Kanger style Ego kits and basically there is very little difference between any of them tbh....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 skys1986

I am going to buy one of the e-cigarette kit, which shop in Cork is the best price for e-cigarette?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Just bought a starter pack off healthiersmoker.ie there. Mixed an apple with raspberry flavour to start. really enjoying it actually!

I'd just been on holidays with a friend and he's been off cigarettes for five weeks now using an e-vapor. really impressed and hope to follow soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭mac1961

Thanks for the reply.
    The starter kit on Healthiersmoker.ie is a bit expensive, €55......
    I bought my starter kit from my own company, the eGo starter kit is only €22 and free shipping.....but I called in to their shop to collect the kit, because they are in Cork city.
    The starter pack with healthiersmoker has two e cigs which you will need, or you will be standing waiting for battery to charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Since it was on this thread where i started to look into giving up the cancer sticks i think its apt that i post here to celebrate 1000 days since i gave up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

Want to start to use these vapour products. I want to buy only one and stick with it parts/upgrades in the future easy to get. Iv been searching online for the last two hours and there is too much to choose from. Can someone tell me the best kit to go for. I don't want to be carrying spare batteries so one charge a day if possible. Any information/links would be great thanks.

TonyFella wrote: »
    Want to start to use these vapour products. I want to buy only one and stick with it parts/upgrades in the future easy to get. Iv been searching online for the last two hours and there is too much to choose from. Can someone tell me the best kit to go for. I don't want to be carrying spare batteries so one charge a day if possible. Any information/links would be great thanks.

The standard starter kits like this one have two batteries. I know that goes against your two batteries thing but to get a full day out of a battery you have to take a jump in size to this which is about the size of a 10-pack of cigs.
    Battery'll last at least a day unless you're a hound.
    Just one negative about going that route is if your device breaks or gets lost, you're stuck with nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭mac1961

I bought my starter kit from healthiersmoker.ie also bought some juice from ezsmoke.ie and there is a stand in my local tesco smokefreeireland.com, any of these you could ring or email, I would agree with the above poster about having a spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I hadn't seen an MVP in person untill today, they have them in the shop on north main street in Cork (loads of different colours and designs, not just black and silver ones). They're much smaller than I thought they would be.

That shop also has vamos and other stuff, I'm not sure how genuine the stuff is though, they definitely have things labeled protanks that aren't made by kanger. They didn't know what a cartomizer was either. I didn't get a price on the MVP but they're charging €7.50 for crappy clearos and €7.50 for 12ml of juice. I won't be hurrying back there anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The thread Grindle linked to is great.

What I do, to avoid carrying a spare battery is to keep a spare charger at work. I use an itaste vv vw 3 for out and about which uses a micro usb charger the same as most phones do. It could possibly last the day, but just to be sure I plug it in after my lunchtime vape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yeah, the MVP is a great little thing. Mine is the V1 so it's just VV, not VW, but it lasts for days between charges.

Don't forget that it can be used while charging too so if you're driving or something you can vape but charge at the same time.

• Advertisement

EGriff wrote: »
    They didn't know what a cartomizer was either.

They didn't know what 'resistance' meant either and none of the clearos had it marked on them. Total sham of a shop. It's the bare minimum to know if they're selling the stuff. Absolute ****.

Advertisement