Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

yildiz reviews?

• 03-12-2014 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have just traded in my o/u baikal for a brand new Yildiz and by some of the things people are saying about yildiz I'm wondering if I made the right decision. Anybody know anything about them eg reliability, what they're like to shoot etc. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Why would you trade in your gun for a pile of scrap in the middle of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 baikal1417

traded it in because it started giving trouble and already had to spend €75 to get the ejectors fixed in september. I can only go shooting at the weekends these days and I have a single barrel to use while I'm waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Change your username so:)
    My baikel isn't worth anything but does to me and holds sentimental value to me and it shoots better than half the other guns I've shot and it's bombproof in the field

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

How much was the Yildiz?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 baikal1417

750 i think, havent paid for it yet. got 550 for the baikal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Glenbulldog

I've one no problems at all .

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭snipe49

Why would you trade in your gun for a pile of scrap in the middle of the season?
    What do you base your comment on. ?

snipe49 wrote: »
    What do you base your comment on. ?

Anyone that has I know that's ever had a Turkish gun has had nothing but trouble with them.

They are scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Glenbulldog

baikal1417 wrote: »
    I have just traded in my o/u baikal for a brand new Yildiz and by some of the things people are saying about yildiz I'm wondering if I made the right decision. Anybody know anything about them eg reliability, what they're like to shoot etc. thanks

Like I said I've one I was like yourself reading reviews listening to opinions but I chanced my arm honestly couldn't fault the gun ...well the fact I miss a few birds but I'm sure that can happen with any gun ;)

Anyone that has I know that's ever had a Turkish gun has had nothing but trouble with them.

They are scrap.
    I have a side by side La sorda what do u think ?

• Advertisement

So what!

La Sorda is Spanish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

My Father had a new Yildiz side by side, pure dirt .firing pin broke after two weeks, repaired.A few weeks later the other pin broke so the gun went back and he was given another new one(side by side).First day out safety wouldnt come off ,went back to the car and sprayed the **** out of it with oil just to get through the day ,we got movement but it was rough as ****. Went back out and bird got up ...click gun would not fire .We went home and i stripped it down the quality of the finishing on the internal parts was dog rough ,no nice shinny machine finishing just file marks like like a lad chancing his arm in a shed would do.The striker for the pins was nowhere near them so the gun would not fire.
    After seeing how ****e it was he brought it back and got a second hand semi auto fabram that has not let him down now in 3 years.

Plenty of good second hand guns that will last you a life time going for small money these days
    I would rather send a few hundred more on one of them than buy any turkish ****e

So what!

La Sorda is Spanish.
    Just wounder what u think of them ?

Just wounder what u think of them ?

Found out they were Spanish from google, never heard of them before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭HW100S

I have my Yildiz O/U for 8-9 years now. Its a basic model, non-ejector.
    Never had any issues. Dropped plenty of pheasants with it.
    Lightweight gun, great for rough shooting.
    Not so good for clays tho, due to being so light.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jimy1971

They are scrap.

I've had 1 for years and never had a problem with it. I've heard the semi autos can be troublesome but my o/u never let me down.

Tikkahunter,
    I had a fabarm years ago. Now there was a ball of s#*the. You can be unlucky enough to get a bad gun from any manufacturer but you can't tar them all with the same brush. There's a gunshop in the Midlands that can't keep ATA guns in stock. A Turkish brand, part owned by Beretta

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PDAhunter

A friend has one it's a nice gun never gives him any trouble and in fairness he gives it some abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

Friend of mine had one from new, after 2 weeks out shooting loaded the gun closed it it went off killed his pointer who was beside him never mention Turkish guns to him, every 3 or 4 times closing the gun went of someone else told him the same thing happen with a dog down the country same make of gun.

Jimy1971 wrote: »
    I've had 1 for years and never had a problem with it. I've heard the semi autos can be troublesome but my o/u never let me down.

Tikkahunter,
    I had a fabarm years ago. Now there was a ball of s#*the. You can be unlucky enough to get a bad gun from any manufacturer but you can't tar them all with the same brush. There's a gunshop in the Midlands that can't keep ATA guns in stock. A Turkish brand, part owned by Beretta
    Well said it seem a lot of lads on here get there kicks from picking holes in things. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 thepoacher

yildiz.what are they like.ihave a magnum pump about 8 years now nd use it for pigeons a lot.cheap n light.it doesnt like ammo with the narrow brass as it wouldnt eject em.wide brass nd she..l fire all day.no problems.love it nd a great killer

• Advertisement

Well said it seem a lot of lads on here get there kicks from picking holes in things. :cool:

Picking holes.Giving my experience you clown.In my line of work I come across verious brands of machines , anything turkish or Chinese break you're heart.Buy cheap buy buy twice and that is proven throughout history, pick holes in things maybe some lads just don't except mediocre

Picking holes.Giving my experience you clown.In my line of work I come across verious brands of machines , anything turkish or Chinese break you're heart.Buy cheap buy buy twice and that is proven throughout history, pick holes in things maybe some lads just don't except mediocre
    U just picked holes again call me a clown. U know as much about me as u do that gun so if u know nothing say nothing. :cool:

Tikkahunter,
    And Ferrari own Fiat so what is your point?cheap berreta are made in Turkey and they are dirt as well. That dealer in the Midlands are also selling ridgeline clothing passing off as quality and charging top prices for it, when in fact it is muck and will leave you soaked in heavy rain .You tell enough lies then people be leave them

U just picked holes again call me a clown. U know as much about me as u do that gun so if u know nothing say nothing. :cool:
    Again giving my experience, I was trying to steer the op in the right direction by giving good advice something that is Inn short supply in the forum these days

Again giving my experience, I was trying to steer the op in the right direction by giving good advice something that is Inn short supply in the forum these days
    That is fine but did u ever own that gun. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Get a room you two

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jimy1971

And Ferrari own Fiat so what is your point?cheap berreta are made in Turkey and they are dirt as well. That dealer in the Midlands are also selling ridgeline clothing passing off as quality and charging top prices for it, when in fact it is muck and will leave you soaked in heavy rain .You tell enough lies then people be leave them

What make of gun do you own seeing as how everyone else's are ****e. It's not only that dealer that claim that ridge line are good. You're saying buy cheap and buy twice. I paid €850 for my Yildiz 5 years ago and it's never let me down once. If you don't like a brand fair enough. Don't rUn a man down for buying the brand. Calling it experience is nonsense as is saying good advise is in short supply on this forum. A lot of lads have moved and are chatting on facebook now because of the know it all on here. Was a great place for a novice hunter to get advise. Now its a great place to be run down.

That is fine but did u ever own that gun. ?
    If you read my post you would see my father did and I was posting what happened to it

What make of gun do you own seeing as how everyone else's are ****e. It's not only that dealer that claim that ridge line are good. You're saying buy cheap and buy twice. I paid €850 for my Yildiz 5 years ago and it's never let me down once. If you don't like a brand fair enough. Don't rUn a man down for buying the brand. Calling it experience is nonsense as is saying good advise is in short supply on this forum. A lot of lads have moved and are chatting on facebook now because of the know it all on here. Was a great place for a novice hunter to get advise. Now its a great place to be run down.
    berreta silver hawk side by side.gamba Montreal o/u.sako quad .17 hmm. Tikka t3 hunter.243. Air arms 510 .22 pcp

• Advertisement

Well said there Jimy1971 all we can do is pass on what we know but never knock a lad for something simple.

Advertisement